• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stargate SG-1 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

On now.

Some Atlantis cross-over jokes. Gate Ship 1 :lol

They also showed a 15-second teaser clip for Season 9 during the second commercial break.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't much care for the finale. It bugged me in a great many ways. It was alright, but I thought the Atlantis finale was much better(rather, it would have been, if it didn't end
in another fucking cliffhanger like did the first half of the season
).

And the Gallactica episode that aired tonight was very solid as well.

ManaByte

Well the finale is feeling a lot like a Series Finale, and in a way it is with the changes in season 9.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ManaByte said:
Well the finale is feeling a lot like a Series Finale, and in a way it is with the changes in season 9.

The following isn't really a direct spoiler, but it does hint at things, so maybe you want to wait until it's done before you read this.

I can see that for the first while, but not the full episode. The end just pops out of nowhere, too. I thought it was going to be a cliffhanger, but instead it just wrapped everything up in 90 seconds flat.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Archaix said:
The following isn't really a direct spoiler, but it does hint at things, so maybe you want to wait until it's done before you read this.

I can see that for the first while, but not the full episode. The end just pops out of nowhere, too. I thought it was going to be a cliffhanger, but instead it just wrapped everything up in 90 seconds flat.

well it almost seems like they were in a rush. look at threads... it's a revolving door of story arcs i had to watch it twice. I think they were going by their original plan... "this is the last season! after we'll release a movie which will tie up all the loose ends!" until half the season was done

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh, the season certainly felt rushed. And nothing had the impact it should have.

We've been fighting the Goa'uld for 8 years!

Hey, guys...the replicators are fucking everything up.

We've got to come up with a plan!

Meanwhile, the Jaffa are free? All the Jaffa? But what about the Goa'uld?

Um...the Goa'uld are all dead...

By the way, replicators are done, too...

(all in the span of one and a half episodes or so)

Well, what the fuck now? Wait, I've got it...Time travel! Let's go back to when there were threats, but they just won't seem as...you know...threatening.

Tortfeasor

My tivo stopped recording at the moment when Jack grabbed the box from Sam and told her he was going to bring it to the lab. He said something about geeks and then that is it. What happened next? What was the end?

ManaByte

I watched the Stargate Director's Cut earlier today, and I sort of liked the season finale.

It was sort of a Twelve Monkeys ending where the SG-1 team turned out to be responsible for the revolt that drove Ra away from Earth in the first place and the hiding of the Stargate. If they didn't go back in time, none of it wouldn't have happened and there wouldn't be a SG-1 at all. :lol

silver

Banned
Tortfeasor said:
My tivo stopped recording at the moment when Jack grabbed the box from Sam and told her he was going to bring it to the lab. He said something about geeks and then that is it. What happened next? What was the end?

The same as the ending in "Threads" - Jack and Sam at the fishing pond having exactly the same conversation as before, but this time a fish jumps out of the water and O'Neill says "Close enough". It's been confirmed that nothing in the timeline has changed, O'Neill really believed for 8 years that there were no fish in his pond, but he was just wrong. :lol So all in all, "Threads" is the real season finale. :)

The back half of season 8 has been great. Reckoning I and II and Threads really felt like the ending of a story arc spanning over 8 years and the Jaffa scenes were quite moving.

And Archaix, you're way off.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
silver said:
The same as the ending in "Threads" - Jack and Sam at the fishing pond having exactly the same conversation as before, but this time a fish jumps out of the water and O'Neill says "Close enough". It's been confirmed that nothing in the timeline has changed, O'Neill really believed for 8 years that there were no fish in his pond, but he was just wrong. :lol So all in all, "Threads" is the real season finale. :)

The back half of season 8 has been great. Reckoning I and II and Threads really felt like the ending of a story arc spanning over 8 years and the Jaffa scenes were quite moving.

And Archaix, you're way off.

How am I way off? They wrapped up the biggest stories of the entire series with almost all of the action taking place off screen in a very short period of time. Even worse, when they did that, there didn't seem to be any sense of urgency. It was just pretty poorly executed.

Teal'c

Threads was one of my favorite episodes in the series. There was a lot going on and it worked. Its not like everything was just solved in heartbeat. The workings of it had been going on for a very long time. The ascension, the freed Jaffa, the ancient device, and much other stuff all was worked out a long time ago, this was just the pinnacle. As for the Season ender, I thought the idea was neat and necessary to get the ZPM. It would have been dumb if someone just stumbled on a ZPM by random. Also, much like threads, it brought everything around full circle. We see SG-1 experice everything again for the very first time. Apothis, Kawalski, and Teal'c as first prime. Its just neat for a fan. It didn't have to be SUPER SERIOUS and epic. It wasn't meant to be. That was slated for Atlantis. Which IMO had some of the best special effects I've ever seen.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Teal'c said:
Threads was one of my favorite episodes in the series. There was a lot going on and it worked. Its not like everything was just solved in heartbeat. The workings of it had been going on for a very long time. The ascension, the freed Jaffa, the ancient device, and much other stuff all was worked out a long time ago, this was just the pinnacle. As for the Season ender, I thought the idea was neat and necessary to get the ZPM. It would have been dumb if someone just stumbled on a ZPM by random. Also, much like threads, it brought everything around full circle. We see SG-1 experice everything again for the very first time. Apothis, Kawalski, and Teal'c as first prime. Its just neat for a fan. It didn't have to be SUPER SERIOUS and epic. It wasn't meant to be. That was slated for Atlantis. Which IMO had some of the best special effects I've ever seen.

Threads was way too disjointed. You can't just close every major story arc in a single episode. Sams marriage, Sam and jack, replicators, goa'uld, ascension and anubis... the jaffa... sam going fishing! etc

Kawalski should have stayed dead in the 2nd episode of SG1. Apophis should have died around the 5th. Some of the guys they have brought in they're cycling out either too late or too early.

Apophis was yawn. the red head chick was mega yawn. anubis was good... until they started making him hop bodies. Baal which probably doesn't have anything left in the series is the best bad guy left... soooo underused.

silver

Banned
Threads was a 90-minute special episode. They wrapped up the Sam and Pete storyline, revealed the story of the ascension of Anubis and the entire Anubis arc altogether. And that's about it. The Replicators have been wiped out in OUR galaxy, not entirely. There are still some Goa'uld left, for example Ba'al. I think it was an awesome episode, it did everything right in my book.

Moebius, it was cool to see Kawalsky (always liked him), Apophis (always loved him) and First Prime Teal'c. The expressions on his face when SG-1 shows him the tape are amazing. Teal'c (the GAF poster) is right: Moebius wasn't meant to be as epic as The Siege (SGA). It was filmed as a series finale, they gave the fans all they ever wanted.

Would've liked to see more of Ra though.

ManaByte

silver said:
Threads was a 90-minute special episode. They wrapped up the Sam and Pete storyline, revealed the story of the ascension of Anubis and the entire Anubis arc altogether. And that's about it. The Replicators have been wiped out in OUR galaxy, not entirely. There are still some Goa'uld left, for example Ba'al. I think it was an awesome episode, it did everything right in my book.

Moebius, it was cool to see Kawalsky (always liked him), Apophis (always loved him) and First Prime Teal'c. The expressions on his face when SG-1 shows him the tape are amazing. Teal'c (the GAF poster) is right: Moebius wasn't meant to be as epic as The Siege (SGA). It was filmed as a series finale, they gave the fans all they ever wanted.

Would've liked to see more of Ra though.

Yea, Moebius felt a lot like TNG's All Good Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom