• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Finale will be 85 minutes Long

Draugoth

Gold Member
ZHEHXVFVYRG3VAAU5FNIH3XZNE.jpg

The staff of the The attack of the Titans the series confirms that the Attack on Titan Final Season Part 4 anime special, also known as The attack of the Titans Final Season The Final Special Chapters 2 by Crunchyroll, will last approximately 85 minutes. A new trailer of the anime will be released soon.

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3 (Attack on Titan Final Season: The Final Chapters, Part 1) premiered on March 3 on NHK in Japan after a seven-part anime compilation. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime special on its streaming platform and the English dub was released on September 10. The fourth part will air on November 4 as the ultimate climax of the series. The attack of the Titans series.

The first part aired as a one-hour special on March 3. Crunchyroll streamed the anime under the title Attack on Titan Final Season THE FINAL CHAPTERS Special 1. The anime is also streaming on Hulu. Toonami aired the first part on September 9. SIM returned to perform a new opening theme song, "Under the Tree." (The Japanese title for Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 3 is Shingeki no Kyojin The Final Season Kanketsu-hen Zenpen, which indicates it as the first half, and the Japanese title for Part 4 is Shingeki no Kyojin The Final Season Kanketsu-hen Kōhen, which indicates it as the second half.)

Paltheos

As a guy who's watched these releases pretty religiously, I had to google the naming schema because of how fucked it is. Here's a refresher for everyone who's forgotten:

Season 1 (2 cours)
Season 2 (1 cour)
Season 3 part 1 (1 cour)
Season 3 part 2 (1 cour)
Final season part 1(1 cour)
Final season part 2 (movie)
Final season part 3 (movie)

In a sane world these would have been called season 1-5 and I guess the final movies would be 'the finale: part 1 & 2'.

Anyway, I'm a little nervous how this will end. Most of the show's run has been fantastic (albeit after a slow start), and the final season (as named) has been mixed, but I'm still been impressed with how effectively so many of the story elements have fit together. I'd expect an onion being peeled back on a story this big to fall to pieces, but Attack on Titan's largely kept it together. Some of the character work near the end has been pretty suspect compared to how consistent they've been before, but I still want to see how this all ends.

Whitecrow

Banned
AoT ends how it ends because its the only way that it can make sense.

I get why people got upset, but it actually elevates the narrative quite high imo.

Because it serves to the story, not to what people want or expect.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I never saw the series, I didn't see the end... But I'm sure it was a big slap in the face to Hollywood in how a story should be made.

dave_d

Pretty much trying to avoid spoilers as best as I can. Given what I've seen the impression is that the author knew how he wanted this series to go and is probably going to stick to his guns which makes me want to see it. (As opposed to so many animes like Bleach which started out interesting but turned into a mess where the author was clearly winging it and became yet another anime. God damn did Bleach lose what made it special after Aizen went to Hueco Mundo. They wreck all the mythology/world building they had done earlier in the series.) Anyway I hope they stick the landing so to speak.

Last edited:
Top Bottom