• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stargate SG-1 "Threads" special 90-minute episode and other stuff (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver

Banned
Anyone downloaded this yet (via BT)? My God it's awesome. The Jaffa are free, Anubis is in an eternal fight with Oma Desala and the fat guy WAS Anubis! Also, could Jack and Sam finally be getting together?

I must say that after the disappointing season 8 (except the season opener New Order I & II and It's Good to be King), Reckoning I & II and Threads, basically a 4-parter, have totally restored my faith in the series. And the little Sky One preview of Moebius part I was awesome... with the Horus guard helmet and stuff, damn.

Also... Ben Browder will play Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, Beau Bridges will be the new SGC commander General Hank Landry, Louis Gossett Jr. will be a Jaffa leader and Gen. O'Neill will be promoted to Homeworld Security at the Pentagon, which will effectively get him out of the series as a regular.

Crow

have been trying to dl this for the better part of yesterday and all last night...succesfully ul'ed 570mb and dl'ed 382mb. I so very much h8 bittorrent (yes the required ports have been opened).

ShadowRed

Banned
silver said:
Anyone downloaded this yet (via BT)? My God it's awesome. The Jaffa are free, Anubis is in an eternal fight with Oma Desala and the fat guy WAS Anubis! Also, could Jack and Sam finally be getting together?

I must say that after the disappointing season 8 (except the season opener New Order I & II and It's Good to be King), Reckoning I & II and Threads, basically a 4-parter, have totally restored my faith in the series. And the little Sky One preview of Moebius part I was awesome... with the Horus guard helmet and stuff, damn.

Also... Ben Browder will play Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, Beau Bridges will be the new SGC commander General Hank Landry, Louis Gossett Jr. will be a Jaffa leader and Gen. O'Neill will be promoted to Homeworld Security at the Pentagon, which will effectively get him out of the series as a regular.

By fat guy you don't men General Hammond? If not then what happened to him isn't he supposed to be the head of Homeworld Security.

tenchir

I wouldn't download any more episodes of Stargate SG1/Atlantis off of bittorrent. The bastards at BayTSP have been monitoring for people who download the tv shows and are sending complaints to their ISPs. I lost my cable connection for downloading two episodes of StarGate Atlantis.

Now I am getting episodes off of IRC and am using Peer Guardian for other shows I can't get from IRCs.

-=DoAvl=-

tenchir said:
I wouldn't download any more episodes of Stargate SG1/Atlantis off of bittorrent. The bastards at BayTSP have been monitoring for people who download the tv shows and are sending complaints to their ISPs. I lost my cable connection for downloading two episodes of StarGate Atlantis.

Now I am getting episodes off of IRC and am using Peer Guardian for other shows I can't get from IRCs.

I didn't know it was illegal to download TV SHOWS..... what if you can't get 'em where you are at? like... australia?.... stupid channel 7, we're like 5 years behind the rest of the world.

Crow

Yeah, I live in Australia, and I still watch them again when they finally come on TV, so no harm done.

Was a great episode, tied up lots of loose ends.

The revealing of Anubis was great, also when oma said "but i will fight you" and all the other Ancients looked up from their tables for the first time was great.

Daniel making the decision between afterlife and death in Der Waffle Haus from Dead Like Me was great. He even sat at the Reapers's usual table and ordered waffles!

Jacob and Selmac dieing could have been done better in my opinion though but i guess it was ok as they used it to bring Jack and Sam closer.

Jack saying he was not "fall for it this time" when Dan did not come back was funny, also him saying "did you hear that to" when he came back nekkid with only a flag wrapped around him was funny

The direction and script of the final fishing scene was very nice, i have it on Sky+ since last night and want to look at the whole thing again

Also was it just me or did I hear a mention of the Wraith for SG Atlantis? I don’t remember where but I thing I remember a mention somewhere during the 90mins of viewing

LusDekkar

I just watched it and I don't remember anything refering to the wraith but i might have just missed it because there was so many things happening. It was good that they tied up a few things in the ep.
Everyone fishing at the end was a nice touch because O'neil had been trying to get ppl to fish with him for ages!

And yeah i'm in australia too. I thnik Ch7 is about to show the last two eps of season 7 in Melbourne tonight.

I rewatched it a noticed the part about the Wraith (I don’t know how I noticed it first time though)

It is the first time Dan gets "The Assending Times" (the newspaper) and he opens it to read it the camera pans down form the "Jackson Still Undecided" headline to the "Anubis Is Back And He Is Badder Than Ever" headline between the two of them for about a split second it shows a headline with half of it cut of (cause it is out of picture) it reads something like Wraith o- ----- (new line) way to A------- (and I think it should read Wraith on There Way To Atlantis) plus there is a photo of Atlantis under the headline as well.

I has to pause it to check all this out but it was still a nice touch, makes me wonder how may other little touches like this I missed through the last 7 years.

LusDekkar said:
Do you know what time it was at I want to see for myself. Only head lines i noticed were the big ones :p

around the 17min mark (i think)

it is the first time he gets the paper handed to him and opens it so you should see it easy, when he opens the paper go into slow-mo and then wait for the camera to pan down the paper and it should be on the right of the screen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom