• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS launch trailer (isometric sci-fi horror point-and-click. Launching August 31)

Labadal

Game looks great, with lovely graphics. I'm glad there will be no combat in this game. I know it's an adventure game, but you never know about that stuff.

August will be brutal for me. This and Shadowrun are my two most hyped games of the year.

Lost Dimension releases in August too.

TheMoon

Wow, it's finally ready? Been following the game since shortly after it was announced, I think. Always nice to see a long-time-coming passion project get finished.

Game looks great, with lovely graphics. I'm glad there will be no combat in this game. I know it's an adventure game, but you never know about that stuff.

August will be brutal for me. This and Shadowrun are my two most hyped games of the year.

Lost Dimension releases in August too.

And Satellite Reign. Cyberpunk month!

Mugen08

Looking forward to my backer copy. August is getting crammed with good and interesting stuff, for my part; Shadowrun: HK, Volume, Satellite Reign, Fallout Shelter (Android), Evoland 2, PoE: The White March pt1 and probably more.

Vlodril

Man the end of the month is insane.. stasis ,shadowrun and the first expansion of poe. i will have to get satellite reign later. so many good games.

Oh and all of them kickstarted (go ks :)).

Glip_Glop

Kickstarted this game, I'm very impressed with the looks of it. I was surprised to see it coming out this month. Hope the dude makes a few bucks!

Corpekata

Banned
Not really feeling the trailer much, the isometric stuff we've seen is so much better at setting the mood and looks a lot better than the close up stuff.

Game looks great though.

Trailers are a funny beast - especially for a 'story driven' game. I opted to go more for a mood and feeling of the final game for the launch trailer - hopefully enough for people to check out the screenshots and search for any of the game play videos online.

It really is a difficult balance to try and get!

Trailers are a funny beast - especially for a 'story driven' game. I opted to go more for a mood and feeling of the final game for the launch trailer - hopefully enough for people to check out the screenshots and search for any of the game play videos online.

It really is a difficult balance to try and get!
It looks great. I didn't know the game beforehand and the trailer definitely caught my attention so I would say well done.

Terra_Ex

Game is looking terrific, only issue is it's releasing alongside so many other great games. I kickstarted it though so I'll just plug the key into steam and circle back to as soon as possible.

Sijil

Getting some Sanitarium vibes, anyone else remember it? I loved Sanitarium back then (First two chapters anyway) and it will be Sci Fi/Cyberpunk based so it's looking amazing.

I had actually deleted this from my bookmarks months ago because I thought it was never going to come out. Glad to hear its finally releasing.

From the launch trailer, you can see how much the alpha environments have improved
V7plWFK.png
kWKa1WF.jpg

BTA

Trailer's interesting and the game looks neat as a whole, so I'm interested. The game advertising suicides as a bullet point kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth though; if handled correctly that can help set the tone, but as an advertised feature it just feels off.

Trailer's interesting and the game looks neat as a whole, so I'm interested. The game advertising suicides as a bullet point kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth though; if handled correctly that can help set the tone, but as an advertised feature it just feels off.
Actually it was one of the stretch goals. I'm curious if it's purely extraneous or if it'll be used in any puzzles or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95swUBsNlWA

Anyway, OT is done. Now just have to wait till the 31st

BTA

Actually it was one of the stretch goals. I'm curious if it's purely extraneous or if it'll be used in any puzzles or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95swUBsNlWA

Anyway, OT is done. Now just have to wait till the 31st

Yeah, looking at how the stretch goals were announced (I'm not sure if they were expanded on later) it really seems like it's extraneous, which confirms my uncomfortable feelings. I'm not happy to see suicide seemingly trivialized like that, especially when it could have easily been something more integrated into the main character's struggles rather than just a strange bonus "feature" if it really needed to be in there. It's not something that'll necessarily keep me from picking up the game, but it is the kind of thing that'll make me that much more critical it going in, if that makes sense.

Corpekata

Banned
Getting some Sanitarium vibes, anyone else remember it? I loved Sanitarium back then (First two chapters anyway) and it will be Sci Fi/Cyberpunk based so it's looking amazing.

Long as it's like the first third of Sanitarium I'd be happy. That game's last few chunks were pretty disappointing.

Yeah, looking at how the stretch goals were announced (I'm not sure if they were expanded on later) it really seems like it's extraneous, which confirms my uncomfortable feelings. I'm not happy to see suicide seemingly trivialized like that, especially when it could have easily been something more integrated into the main character's struggles rather than just a strange bonus "feature" if it really needed to be in there. It's not something that'll necessarily keep me from picking up the game, but it is the kind of thing that'll make me that much more critical it going in, if that makes sense.
From what I gather, the whole suicide thing will be to further establish the bleak grim tone of the story. The ship is a pretty fucked-up place. The things a person might see there, the things they might have to endure...perhaps killing yourself is the lesser of two evils in that situation...

Top Bottom