• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

A few hours left till our Arslan overlord will arrive on Steam.

header.jpg

I am sure it will be one of the best PC ports ever without any issues.
It would be ironic if it is :v

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

header.jpg

I am sure it will be one of the best PC ports ever without any issues.
What a weird world it would be if KT announced the pc version at all before releasing their games and that the port is even close to good.

Ban Puncher

The thing is the "mother company" fired all of the good people slowly. While not everyone liked Marcus Beer, he was honest and usually had his opinion.

Marcus Beer is an untalented tosspot who 'left' GameTrailers and, with grand delusions that his opinions were worth a hot fart to anyone, tried to pull a Jim Sterling by going it alone with a YouTube channel that lasted all of three or four episodes before it all got too hard so he threw in towel and wobbled over to another group of GT castaways, ScrewAttack. Fuck knows what he is up to now because nobody cares about ScrewAttack in 2016.

But I digress.

While no one went there for the trailers, their original content was actually pretty great I must say, especially things like the retrospectives.

I think though that the young gamers nowadays are not really into such content anymore. I mean LetsPlayers, twitch-streamers and the whole "this YT personality could be my friend" LPs are hot.

It is kind of sad to see a higher quality produced product that was seen at GameTrailers lose out to kids in their bedrooms with a webcam and a potty mouth.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/401890/header.jpg?t=1453161950[/img

I am sure it will be one of the best PC ports ever without any issues.[/QUOTE]

sure, and HL3 will be released at the same time, and EA will release their games on steam and Peggle 2 comes to PC and Ubi decides to add achievements to steam finally and Tetris is good again.

Dr Dogg

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition's launch is such a huge mess:

- The dev tools are now seemingly EE-exclusive
- There's the rest of the disparity between the Enhanced Edition and Ultimate Edition I mentioned earlier
- The Ultimate Edition subs are missing the data depots for The Following
- The Japanese sub for The Following has no apps whatsoever

I could probably go on.

Remember the time when Techland uploaded the wrong build of Dead Island to Steam. Wonder if it's the same person still working there in charge of their Steam Partners admin and such?

It is kind of sad to see a higher quality produced product that was seen at GameTrailers lose out to kids in their bedrooms with a webcam and a potty mouth.

I remember when TV used to be more than regurgitated reality TV shows or stuff imported from overseas and BBC Three would be the punchline to a joke about the end of days for our impartial broadcaster.

I am always quite sad to see that K-T puts so little thoughts in their ports though. I usually enjoy their games.

I am somehow sure that someone like Durante (praise the sun) could fix almost all of their games if they would let him QA it.

But they themselves dont do anything to fix these issues.

Hektor

And trails sells gangbusters.

And Nier get's a sequ- oh wait.

And FF7:R becomes a thi- Nevermind.

And Danganronpa comes to ste- What the hell.

And The last Guardian lives ag- OH COME ON!

And we get a new Prince of Persia with oldschool linear leveldesign and very challenging platforming that respects the players skill and intelligence.

There. Did it.

Ban Puncher

I remember when TV used to be more than regurgitated reality TV shows or stuff imported from overseas and BBC Three would be the punchline to a joke about the end of days for our impartial broadcaster.

"Why isn't anyone watching TV any more?" says the TV station manager as he signs off on another season of 'Singing Renovation Chefs'.

Arthea

I am always quite sad to see that K-T puts so little thoughts in their ports though. I usually enjoy their games.

I am somehow sure that someone like Durante (praise the sun) could fix almost all of their games if they would let him QA it.

But they themselves dont do anything to fix these issues.

I would be all over Three Kingdoms, and I'd buy most of their games, most likely, I might still pick Toukiden, as that seems to be least problematic, and DQH, but they sure as hell don't want me to buy or play anything at all.

but! as I said many times, the day they release half decent Atelier port on steam, everything will be forgiven.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYGQ7w3UsAAj9Px.png[/IMG

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYGMbgmUEAAOFsP.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

aww
Estelle to the rescue, as usual

Arthea

I still find it very odd that with all games KT is releasing on steam, they totally ignore NG (Yaiba doesn't really count) and Atelier.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I still find it very odd that with all games KT is releasing on steam, they totally ignore NG (Yaiba doesn't really count) and Atelier.
I so want Ki-Oh on PC, I would bet on it selling really well because of the "souls" aspect of it.

I know you're going to quote me and say "not souls but onimusha" pls I know

Or better yet, play on easy with unlimited health and just treat the game like a Telltale adventure game where choices actually do matter.

I should have done that, but I don't want to go all the way to where I am now again, so i'll bear with it when i'm in the mood to try it again.

I so want Ki-Oh on PC, I would bet on it selling really well because of the "souls" aspect of it.

I am not quite sure. I wonder how many were put off by K-T ports because of their shitty port-skills.

I mean the first Dynasty Warriors sold well and from then it went to shit. Its like they dont read any of the suggestions/criticism.

Knurek

I had stutter a lot too especially in foggy areas. I just pretended I was playing it on ps1.

This is, again, caused by VSYNC not working.
Game is running at 125 fps which causes judder on any non-Gsync monitor.

You can use the ingame framerate lock, but it only has an option for 30 fps, so, no thank you.
You can use RTSS to lock to 60/120, but it introduces random terrible judder.
Or you can just grit your teeth and learn to live with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
for anyone playing xcom 2

do u guys know what the hell those advent datapads are supposed to look like

i haven't found any in like 25 missions or whatever

AHA-Lambda

I think I've found 2 in my 20 hour playthrough so far :/

The newest Valkyria 'This has nothing to do with Valkyria Chronicles but we're using the Valkyria name for some semblance of brand recognition' game, you mean.

Oh it hasn't got anything to do with the others?

Dr Dogg

I've picked a couple up as loot drops from defeated xenos. Obviously you need to grab them before the timer expires or don't go gungho with explosives. Then you need to get fake Vahlen to research them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom