• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no guarantee that any of those settings work though.

It seems that they do:
arslan-low.png

arslan-high.png

Dr Dogg

We'll see when you all come crawling to me to 'borrow' some FightMonies to by you fave some new duds because Louis Capcom's new summer collection is a bit on the pricey side.

The lack of 1366/8x768 has me thinking that's still a hard coded list of resolution options as I can't remember the time I had a monitor that didn't have either of those in its EDID.

iosefe has killed more GAFfer than any blow ups like Betrayalation ever did.

Who's going to guinea pig mobile FFIX then to get a read on what the PC score might be?

Jawmuncher

Yeah I think with the amount of enhancements the price for FF9 is fine. Especially with the launch discount and additional GMG discount that could be there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Who's going to guinea pig mobile FFIX then to get a read on what the PC score might be?

Normally I would (I'm going to buy it anyway I'm sure) but I'm at work for the next 8+ hours sadly.

The Steam release still has an internal release date of March 1st, wonder if we'll have to wait that long.

Even outside the usage of that stupid name for the game, I will answer you, since I know you're a good guy. :p
You don't pick up the combat knife. It's given to you in the story, I think... I know you can't get it until after you exit the first major hub area at least.

lolol.

I'm at that point in the game though. I see it glowing through SURVIVOR VISSSSION, but can't pick it up. I'm stuck in the Abandoned Mine and can't progress or go back.

Checked a walk through and you're supposed to pick up the knife off the table and cut the rope so the shit in the way drops. But the game won't let me.

Dr Dogg

Normally I would (I'm going to buy it anyway I'm sure) but I'm at work for the next 8+ hours sadly.

The Steam release still has an internal release date of March 1st, wonder if we'll have to wait that long.

I would but I've kind of stopped buying stuff on iOS unless it's really, really cheap or exclusive to the platform. Plus I've already got a legion of games that I've played and beat before stacking up on my backlog that another isn't going to do me any favours when the PC/Steam release is around the corner. Even if a 3ish week wait, personally I can deal with that. Could be a DotEmu botch job and I'd still buy it. Part of the fucking problem :p

Amazing.

Supposedly, no way to hit 60fps, even at 360p :)

Oh no. Terrible port. Don't buy it!

lolol.

I'm at that point in the game though. I see it glowing through SURVIVOR VISSSSION, but can't pick it up. I'm stuck in the Abandoned Mine and can't progress or go back.

Checked a walk through and you're supposed to pick up the knife off the table and cut the rope so the shit in the way drops. But the game won't let me.

Yeah, I knew you got it in the mines, I just couldn't totally remember the context at this point, only that I made a mental note I could go back and get the flags at the next campsite.

You monster

Truth. He's a heartless GAFer murdering machine.

Jawmuncher

It's based on an old novel - The heroic legend of Arslan - which had recent manga and anime adaptation with FMA's author doing the art.

We discussed it before but still so odd that they're going in deep with this not very popular source in the west. But not Attack on Titan.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regarding Arslan:

Special Offer
- Launch Discount
10% discount is currently applied! This discount offer will end February 19th, PST.

Also, the three bonus DLCs are currently available for limited time only! The bonus DLCs contain;
- Scenario Set 1
- Scenario Set 2
- Daryun Costume & Weapon

Presumably you have until the 19th to buy the game if you want the DLC.

redlacs

it seems like Adventure Capitalist developer forgot to disable dev console after last patch, which allowed to grab as much free gold as wanted. (now, before you fly to click yourself some, its been fixed already).

sadly, apparently even this much gold wasnt enough for the OP to unlock the last achievement

derExperte

Why spend all that time if the progress won't carry over?

I wouldn't even know what to spend my time with. I suppose I just don't get this kind of game, Destiny was the same, two hours in the beta was enough for forever. And that consisted of more than dank, narrow streets with lots of cardboard boxes. UI wasn't the worst I had ever seen either, maybe all those people are spending 20+ hours trying to make sense of Division's inventory?

Dr Dogg

Why spend all that time if the progress won't carry over?

I could say something mean about a certain dinosaur populated franchise but I'm not that cruel :p

To be honest I ask myself 'how did you manage so much playtime with fuck all content' but then again I've got issues with loot games so that's probably part of the reason. I still keep on coming back to Diablo III whenever there's even the smallest change and end up losing 100's of hours. For example there were top tier gun available in the Dark Zone which required getting your rank up to 12 and enough DZ dosh to buy them and out of morbid curriosity I guess I kept on hammering away until my Agent was suitably pimped out (kinda like Pringles really). I can't imagine there's too much new in the Open beta other than the new mission and reward mentioned in what lash posted but 'twas an interesting open world to poke around (even if I said I wouldn't spoil myself but I did).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do we tell where GMG is getting its Street Fighter keys from?

Look at the list of information on the right-hand side, above the system requirements, and you'll see "Source: Capcom". "Authorised Distributor" is listed as the source in cases where the keys are taken from physical copies (see: Anno 2205).

Jawmuncher

I could say something mean about a certain dinosaur populated franchise but I'm not that cruel :p

To be honest I ask myself 'how did you manage so much playtime with fuck all content' but then again I've got issues with loot games so that's probably part of the reason. I still keep on coming back to Diablo III whenever there's even the smallest change and end up losing 100's of hours. I can't imagine there's too much new in the Open beta other than the new mission and reward mentioned in what lash posted but 'twas an interesting open world to poke around (even if I said I wouldn't spoil myself but I did).

That's understandable. I was just more referring to that I know for Destiny a big chunk of it is about leveling. But if you enjoy doing it in the beta and again in the main game I won't judge. There were people who played SFV beta for hours on end even though numerous changes were being made.

Dr Dogg

That's understandable. I was just more referring to that I know for Destiny a big chunk of it is about leveling. But if you enjoy doing it in the beta and again in the main game I won't judge. There were people who played SFV beta for hours on end even though numerous changes were being made.

There really wasn't enough of the skills/powers in the beta to have seen all what was offered but even still gameplay wise I get the feeling if I do follow through on my preorder The Division probably will be like a podcast game for me. As in it's something I pop on whilst catching up with stuff, listening to footy or catching up with folks online as it doesn't really require that much concentration and it's something to do other than gawping at a monitor. Well you know, you've played it.

Balthuk

So I'm playing Psychonauts for the first time. 4 hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot. The inventory/skill system is kinda weird but I love the humor, the soundtrack is pretty cool so far. The visuals are surprisingly fine as well. It looks like a really polished game, I feel like I used to when playing Ratchet and Clank so many years ago.
Since it has been cheap a lot of times and bundled a few, a lot of you might have it and not tried it yet (?). It's also 90% off until the 12th, so throw a dollar for it and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom