• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Having bought SFV knowing what I was getting I'm still glad to see Capcom getting slammed. The release is a mess far beyond the usual launch shenanigans, pick a random mid-tier early access title and chances are it'll look as polished as a classic Blizzard release compared to SFV. Also praise Sony for granting us the gift of a sequel to the most successful fighting game IP in the world that would not have been possible without their generous funding and world-class development help.

oh , so you had to buy new key for windows 10 pro to clean install ?

No, I was able to use that key to do a clean install once I had performed the upgrade from my W7 installation, and that was after I had manually wiped the target harddrive from Linux (to ensure a really clean install). I think I just have the 'Home' version since I choose that during the upgrade process.

EDIT: Sorry, got confused about who this was a reply to. Please disregard.

Ludens

Banned
I've had two random crashes so far while playing SFV. Dunno what the deal is.

Same, one crash for me was related to memory usage, I have 8 gb.
The game crashes a lot on PS4 too.
Capcom released an Alpha. I don't know how the game managed to get so many positive reviews...this is even worse than MGSV in my opinion.
The game is simply not finished. Capcom should be honest and mark it as Early Access, because this is exactly what it is at the moment.
The game has potential, for now it looks and play like a 60€ alpha.

Even though I managed to stay connected for 30 mins, could not get into a lobby with Rhaknar. I guess I'll blast through the story mode sections tonight (done 5 of them already without really trying) then either pound away in training mode or go tempt so vagrants in off the street for some 1 v 1.

Also Dark Souls III and SFV? Sony be praised!

Story mode AI is retarted, they barely attack you.

Having bought SFV knowing what I was getting I'm still glad to see Capcom getting slammed. The release is a mess far beyond the usual launch shenanigans, pick a random mid-tier early access title and chances are it'll look as polished as a classic Blizzard release compared to SFV. Also praise Sony for granting us the gift of a sequel to the most successful fighting game IP in the world that would not have been possible without their generous funding and world-class development help.

After playing it for a bit, I feel like most of the press reviews have nailed it. To paraphrase:

"If you want to play seriously online or 1-vs-1 offline, or start practicing to do so against other random people online, you could consider picking the game up now. The servers are currently destroyed, but that'll probably be fixed in a day or so.

If you want to mess around with more than 1 of your friends in a lobby online, or play just about anything against the computer, a real training or challenge mode, or anything offline other than human 1-vs-1, you should absolutely wait."

It's clear they hilariously rushed the release for the pro season. Basically, unless you want to dive directly into competition against other randos online, hold off on purchasing.

Dr Dogg

Even though I managed to stay connected for 30 mins, could not get into a lobby with Rhaknar. I guess I'll blast through the story mode sections tonight (done 5 of them already without really trying) then either pound away in training mode or go tempt so vagrants in off the street for some 1 v 1.

Also Dark Souls III and SFV? Sony be praised!

but, how to make clean install ?
can i upgrade to windows 10 from 7 and get the key then format my windows then make clean install ?

You should be able to use the Win7 key now, but I just started a reinstall of it with the installation media, choosed the same location, and it did a clean install and re-used the key it found from the old installation. Have not had to validate my installation after installation.

Arthea

8 also wasnt bad. Just too many people didnt want to get used to something "new".

I would still argue using Metro was faster than the normal startmenu.

of course it wasn't bad, it was horrible, level of Vista horrible.

Or you just buy the vita version.

ps3ud0 8)

no, no you shouldn't, 120 fps or bust

http://abload.de/img/artheai7sxo.jpg[/IMG

Arthea, is that you?[/QUOTE]

who else can be that cool?

Red Hood

Banned
Is there a way to disable the images you see when you click on games on the Steam client? They're showing off random shots and I don't want to risk seeing any potential spoilers, lol.

Arthea

When Valve starts moneyhatting publishers and their vanity projects I might come back.

they already do hatting part, not sure why you are complaining

unrelated to the above:
Doodle God is one weird game where logic can only take you as far as starting combinations.
Also those descriptions of theirs is right from se7en's book at time, quite funny I must say.
My goal to create humans in one day failed, though

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Is Slime Rancher comparable to Viva Pinata? I loved VP and I've been looking for something similar since then.

I'm still holding off until a complete edition gets released. I don't enjoy getting stuff piece-meal.

This is only the PvP arena part of the game. It's already included in Elite: Dangerous. I guess this is for people who only want to play Arena mode? It's strange.

Anyway, if you already have Elite, you have a Steam key waiting for you in your Frontier account for this one.

If you are talking about the Season Pass you have to wait a few years. There was the "Lifetime Expansion Pass", but it was only offered for a limited time (and quite expensive).

Arthea

Is Slime Rancher comparable to Viva Pinata? I loved VP and I've been looking for something similar since then.

it has glowing reviews, if it wasn't in EA, i would have bought it.

I imagine it's a lot like Viva Pinata, not that I know for sure

edited: apparently I forgot to add it to my wishlist, I blame lashman

yuraya

Humble Origin Bundle today?
Or maybe another Uplay one, we surely haven't had one in a long while.

What is there to bundle from Origin? I doubt they ever do it again. Especially since EA access now exists on pc.

As far as AAA stuff goes I would like to see an AssCreed or Call of Duty bundle.

Otherwise let it be an indie bundle with Rocket League, Nuclear Throne and Axiom Verge in 1$ tier.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I would do anything to be able to buy viva piñata on PC digitally again.
Maybe I should wait and see if rare replay happens to release on the win10 store, if so I will make an exception to my "Not buying UWAs before restrictions on them are lifted".

EDIT: My disc is broken and I don't have a disc reader on my PC :(

Jawmuncher

Yep SFV keeps crashing after 15 minutes. Has anyone else been playing with a Steam Controller. I'm wondering if that might be the cause.

Oh, have we finally accepted that SFV is an alpha/early access release?
I'm sorry I doubted you guys.

Still, not a single complain thread on the gaming side yet. Imagine if it's a late PC port.
"SFV PC port is a mess!"

Knurek

edited: are you picking Dang day one and playing it?

I don't know, man.
I've already read the SA Let's Play, so like, I know the story. Who's the killer in every case, who's the main culprit, etc.
And let me tell you, gameplay-wise, Dangan Ronpa sucks... It lives and dies by the story alone.
That's why I'm conflicted. :\

Jawmuncher

Maybe memory leak?
Dunno, but I received some crashes related to memory usage.

Don't think so. It's always perfectly crashed at 15 minutes. Tech Support thread it might be related to certain USB inputs. Only wireless input I have is the steam controller.

Sch1sm

Yep SFV keeps crashing after 15 minutes. Has anyone else been playing with a Steam Controller. I'm wondering if that might be the cause.

I'd ask Messiah since he's playing right now.

E:

9:28 AM - Sch1sm: Jaw's crying about his game crashing, how's yours?
9:29 AM - Messiah: no problem apart from server issues
9:30 AM - Messiah: that seem fixed now

jdw_b

Humble Origin Bundle today?
Or maybe another Uplay one, we surely haven't had one in a long while.

I like the bundle build up, it's exciting

I bit the bullet on the last uplay one so I could get Blacklist. Apart from games randomly starting in windowed mode for no reason, Uplay isn't that offensive

AHA-Lambda

I like the bundle build up, it's exciting

I bit the bullet on the last uplay one so I could get Blacklist. Apart from games randomly starting in windowed mode for no reason, Uplay isn't that offensive

I like that UPlay has gotten slowly accepted more over time; it's quite insidious. Guess the Steam integration worked a treat.

It certainly gets mentioned more than Origin somehow despite being a worse client

Dr Dogg

Right then boys and girls seeing as this is a pain in the arse to do in game let's try this...

Google Form to Submit Your Details

**Spreadsheet**

If you need to grab your permalink Steam ID check your profile under Enhanced Steam or on AStats. If you can't or struggle to find it don't worry I'm going to clean up the Spreadsheet before posting it as it's open to the public to make things easier so will more than likely full of rubbish that needs tidying up.

H1PSTER

I have become pretty addicted to Warframe...

I played it when it first came out and disliked it however everything they've added to the game has improved it... I can totally see why it is getting some of the praise it's getting.

PC vs PS4 - Can a $375 Computer Play Just Cause 3?

Trend continues or port issues? Either way, another new game having big issues on the potato masher.

- 1080p/30fps is not sutainable at PS4 quality settings (High), frequent stutters even when dropping to 800x600@lowest
- 60fps not possible at 1080p at lowest settings (35-60); relative stable 60fps achievable at 720p/medium settings
- at 1440p/medium game stutters similarly (not more!) than at 1080p & 720p with about similar performance to 1080p; sign of port issue?
- at 4K lower than 10fps but less stutter than at 1080p weirdly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom