• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made one for Syndicate:

syndicatesteamorl4e.jpg

New Steam Beta:

- Added warning message for users on XP SP1 or lower, support will be dropped August 31th 2012.
- Grid view now supports applying custom images to games and shortcuts, via the grid item’s context menu
- Fixed a bug where if you were disconnected from Steam, then reconnected, any tabbed chats would paint wrong until you changed tabs
- Fixed clearing login information in case “Don’t save account credentials on this computer” is checked
- Fixed HTTP proxy related download issue
- Fixed client crash related to game stats system
- Logging more details about game download issues
HOW IS THIS NOT FRONTPAGE NEWS? Megaton of this E3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suppose this means we'll soon (pursuant to Valve Time) be able to set custom background images for Detail View.

Damn, counting GOG, the emulated stuff and the current size of steam libraries, the next thing we're going to need is custom tabs for grid view browsing.

Salsa

lol nice.

I still don't know how people manage to find their games in grid view.

alphabetical order

plus search!

and if you have steam selected and press a key (or just type the name) it'll instantly show you the games that start with that letter

zkylon

zkylewd
Gonna give it a shot, specially now that I can put a nice icon for PES and TW2 but we'll see. It's pretty, but it's just so effortless to filter by installed and then look at a simple list.

deleted

Will we still see the Big Picture Mode today (tomorrow)? Did Valve say anything about it lately? I heard a rumor that it would be unveiled the next few days, but since valve doesn't have a conference or anything at E3...

PaulLFC

I'm not at home to check, but does Grid view organise all your games (both Steam and non-STeam added games) in alphabetical order, or does it do what List view does when you sort it by installed/not installed, and list all your non-Steam games at the end of the list?

Minsc

Gold Member
Waiting until it's revealed whether Big Picture Mode will use a different aspect ratio for thumbnails before I bother making everything look nice, but it's great to see it finally supported. Now if only they'd start tracking playtime for non-steam games as well.

wutwutwut

Waiting until it's revealed whether Big Picture Mode will use a different aspect ratio for thumbnails before I bother making everything look nice, but it's great to see it finally supported. Now if only they'd start tracking playtime for non-steam games as well.
They already do that in the overlay. It's merely a matter of adding support in the details UI.

kennah

I can't wait for the tears that will flow when Steam forgets your custom images at the same time as your categories.
Maniacal laugh.

ShaneB

I suppose this means we'll soon (pursuant to Valve Time) be able to set custom background images for Detail View.

It already sorta does. When you take screenshots for Non-steam games, it puts those up as the background images, so I guess the structure is there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It already sorta does. When you take screenshots for Non-steam games, it puts those up as the background images, so I guess the structure is there.

Oh, nice. My ignorance is due to the fact I don't use Steam's inbuilt screenshot function. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom