• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Hm, very tempted by this:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/fear-pack/

but my kb&m skills are shockingly bad and only the third game has partial controller support, if I'm reading the game pages on Steam right.

I suppose it would be a good way to improve my kb&m ability though.

Anyone got any input to help me decide yay or nay?

Fear 1 is pretty easy on regular settings, IIRC. It seems like Fear 2 might have been a little bit harder.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fear 1 is pretty easy on regular settings, IIRC. It seems like Fear 2 might have been a little bit harder.

Although armour can, at times, be hard to come by, med kits are too plentiful for FEAR to be overly difficult, regardless of the difficulty. I'm playing on hard and can't even remember the last time I had both <100hp and <10 med kits.

Although armour can, at times, be hard to come by, med kits are too plentiful for FEAR to be overly difficult, regardless of the difficulty. I'm playing on hard and can't even remember the last time I had both <100hp and <10 med kits.

Thanks :). That has me leaning more towards 'yay'. Perhaps I need the intervention of our resident F.E.A.R. fanboy to push me over the edge?

:p

Giard

Dominions 3 sounds pretty neat. Anyone take the plunge?

It's an amazing strategy game, although I'm not sure if it's worth it seeing as the fourth one will be released before October. Will it be on Steam though...

I like the last review they picked for the Steam page
&#8220;OK, let&#8217;s get one thing clear. A lot of people will not appreciate Dominions 3&#8221;
Flash of Steel

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks :). That has me leaning more towards 'yay'. Perhaps I need the intervention of our resident F.E.A.R. fanboy to push me over the edge?

:p

If you need more persuasion, FEAR's shotgun and nailgun sit with the FPS genre's best, as does the enemy AI. The game suffers from a lack of locale variety, and enemy encounters can occasionally seem too few in larger levels, but there's no question that it's a joy to play when you're in a combative situation.

Is the Sega Action Pack thing still on? I guess not, as it shows up at 55 euros. Damn, I would have liked Condemned and Binary Domain (and maybe Alpha Protocol too)

If you need more persuasion, FEAR's shotgun and nailgun sit with the FPS genre's best, as does the enemy AI. The game suffers from a lack of locale variety, and enemy encounters can occasionally seem too few in larger levels, but there's no question that it's a joy to play when you're in a combative situation.

SOLD!

Nillansan

Some new entries popped up in the Coming Soon list.

Omegalodon

Omegalodon is a third-person multiplayer action game where players compete by attacking/defending the city. The Red Team is comprised of police and soldiers armed with an array of military vehicles and explosive weaponry. The Green Team is comprised of Omegalodon, a 100-foot shark monster, and the Enviros, equipped with a healing beam. The game plays like a backward tower-defense game, but with free-roaming capability and fast-paced, realtime action.

Haunted Memories

Every time we wake up on the other side we have a small chance of falling in to never ending dream. Honestly – which side is the true one? We wake up in our beds, but is it possible to remember second awakening?

Defense Technica

Defense Technica is the next evolution in hardcore tower defense strategy games. Protect the core from an onslaught of unrelenting biomechanical terrors with a powerful range of tower defense units – each with their own upgradable features and methods of attacks. Engage the opposition in a variety of maps and prepare to rapidly shift tactics as weather, enemy paths, and even the terrain itself physically changes upending the flow of the battlefield.

Jawmuncher

I'm apparently just rolling in doubles when it comes to cards.
Hell in Super Sanctum TD I got 3 of the same card. Thankfully the card prices aren't bad for selling them, considering the games currently a dollar.

Grief.exe

Is Incognia Steam Early Access actually available now? You can preorder and get it

http://www.incognitagame.com/

nm, it's Alpha Early Access

2 copies for $16.99, nice :)

Edit: they're not giving Steam keys, are they?

They will probably release Steam keys when the game goes up on Early Access on Steam.

2 keys per purchase is the exact same promotion they did for Don't Starve. Worked out great with that game via word of mouth sales.

Will go in with someone when they start giving out Steam keys.

Enjoy. I hope I did it right.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Transcripted -- MB-D74483C2AAB10801 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Derrick01

Banned
Speaking of early access State of Decay needs to hurry up and hit Steam. I have a precious 1 week window starting today where I can play things before GTA takes me over.

Tak3n

Banned
Parantautical Activity looks pretty awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7hT3JQsmaY

Reminds me of another indie game I bring up whenever I get the chance. Procedurally generated, cool graphical style, Quake-style movement system, RPG/Roguelike elements.

spire-1.jpg

I appreciate one should never take it as read, but the steam forums reacted quite badly to this game

Lots of very negative reviews

Speaking of early access State of Decay needs to hurry up and hit Steam. I have a precious 1 week window starting today where I can play things before GTA takes me over.

I think they said it should hit Steam in a few weeks and the quote was from yesterday if I remember correctly so GTAV is probably gonna come first D:.

OT : Someone is planning on getting the game and playing free roam when GTAOnline comes out ? I rarely play on my PS3 so my friendlist is pretty empty.
Here's my PSN ID : DarnellTurner

Grief.exe

I appreciate one should never take it as read, but the steam forums reacted quite badly to this game

Lots of very negative reviews

I would liken Steam Forums to Youtube comments, they are that bad. Never go there unless you want to significantly increase your blood pressure.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, but they are few and far between.

chronomac

Has anyone bought in to the Early Access to Incognita? Do you get the extra copy immediately? If so, I'd go in with someone with $8.50 for sure.

Grief.exe

I need to remember not to use my credit card on GMG. It always gets flagged as a 'foreign transaction' and puts a block on my card.

Just use paypal and there will be no issues.

Thorgal

Question : is total war shogun 2 - the fall of the samurai the base game + expansion or is it an new game entirely ?

Also which of the 2 would you recommend ?

Freezard

AvP 2010's marine ending must be the worst I've ever seen next to KOTOR2. I wonder if that planet is the one in Prometheus. Anyway, a pretty decent campaign after all. The shotgun and pulse gun feels really nice to use. Now I'm trying the predator campaign but getting my ass kicked, ridiculous how easily the aliens can kill you.

Dolor

Question : is total war shogun 2 - the fall of the samurai the base game + expansion or is it an new game entirely ?

Also which of the 2 would you recommend ?

I think that's just the expansion. I haven't played it, but Shogun 2 is well worth your time if you like strategy games.

So I just fired up AvP Gold and it's telling me that my 3D hardware is not up to snuff to play the game.

No sweetie.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried it at different settings but no joy :'(. I'm playing from an installation from an old disc by the way.

I know that I could buy the updated iteration off Steam for £2.99 but it would be such a shame for what should be a perfectly good disc to go to waste :/.

EDIT - fuckit, Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 here I come.

Grief has been playing a long con and with a free copy of Condemned, he cashed out.

It's okay, he traded it for a copy of Hotline Miami Rage.

Volotaire

So getting a Macbook Air soon and want to boot camp for a few games that aren#'t mac compatible (not many because I'll be at uni!).

Thing is its 128gb ssd because the 256 is bit too much really (already over budget).

So wondering instead of bootcamping Windows 8 and wasting about 20-30gb, does Windows XP still generally work ok with Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom