• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
right but he's either a salaried employee who is going to get paid regardless or he has an ownership stake and he's literally going to get a 6-figure minimum possibly high 6 figure sum out of this. so i'm pretty sure the marginal utility of any one person giving him money is not super crucial.

(the vast, vast majority of people don't change the sliders)

From what I remember reading it's split evenly between Phil and Renaud, so yeah.

chronomac

Jawmuncher

Already own it, have fun.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-96928EE308FD96D2 - Taken by Vardhan

Nuborn

Oops, messed up the original
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eets Munchies -- MB-60B76D5371652A16 - Taken by JoseOle5990. 6 entrants total.

People posting the pic of their slider with Fez at zero, you guys are just the coolest!

Question: is ModBot compulsory, or can we just hide codes in email tags still?

I don't know. Yes I too am let down by the offering because hey, I bought indie games like mad these last few months, but you can't argue against the quality of the offering. Stellar bundle if you don't have most of the games here.
The problem is, is there anyone that do not possess most of the games here ?

I guess I could bite the bullet for Brutal Legend.

oh it's a great bundle. If you don't own any of the games. Which would be suprising

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What I'm saying is that I think it's strange that people really want to play a game, but don't think any of the multiple people involved in making it deserve any money for it.

Sure, it is strange. Strange meaning unusual or uncommon--there are in fact very few games where people would hold this strange opinion. There must be something special about this case that's causing people to act this way. :p

Nabs

Ugh. I think I'm ready to give GTA IV another shot. I hope GFWL and Securom go easy on me.

I wonder how long I'll last before I delete it.

Turfster

Rock on, brothers.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Brutal Legend -- MB-C4369A47B9704B48 - Taken by The_Monk

For the people who haven't played FTL. Enjoy it because it's a great game.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Super Bob, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

FTL -- MB-2B92B3B87A4C2B66 - Taken by Iron Badger

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you're super-cheap (like me) and live in the US (like me) you can write off the amount given to charity on your annual tax return.

Something else I've noticed: it always bugged me that you cannot buy the Trine 2 DLC anymore. They "upgraded" my Trine 2 to the "Trine 2 Complete Story" but when launching it, it still wouldn't play the DLC.

The key from Humble fixes that and successfully added the Goblin Menace to my account.

xelios

If you're super-cheap (like me) and live in the US (like me) you can write off the amount given to charity on your annual tax return.

Can you really? And why? You're not giving it to charity, the devs are. You are getting games in return for your payment.

RS4-

Hey Stump, mind letting me know if modbot nuked the FTL key I took by accident, so that it can be redeemed by someone else?

I think I did it properly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Stump, mind letting me know if modbot nuked the FTL key I took by accident, so that it can be redeemed by someone else?

I think I did it properly.

generate a giveaway with the key -> if the key is marked taken then it didn't nuke, if it isn't then it did :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you really? And why? You're not giving it to charity, the devs are. You are getting games in return for your payment.

Technically speaking the tax law allows you to deduct any contributions made above the "Value of goods received". But it's all very much grey area. Is the value $120, as Humble States is the MSRP? Or is it significantly lower since you could technically value the games at $1?

Usually it would be far too low an amount to even consider, but if you donated $10 and allocated "all charity" on each Humble and Weekly Humble, it would add up quickly.

I'm not really advocating this, but it's completely possible as long as the donations you allocate are to 503(c) charitable organizations.

RS4-

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

FTL -- MB-3448AFB1262FCBF0 - Taken by BorntoPlay

This was originally from Chronomac, so thank him!

Grief, Stump, cheers!

chronomac

This feels off-topic now, but I started playing Hotline Miami again. I stopped a few months back when I got to the 4th chapter or so. I finally pushed through and now I'm at 14 (2 left). The boss fights in this game are ridiculous.
It took me 30 or so tries to beat the guy with the knife and the dudes in the van. But a "try" takes anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute, so it wasn't too painful.

I like that the game plays around with the mechanics later on and asks questions for the player to think about (what exactly is real?).
My only big critique is that when I succeed it often feels like luck. Enemies just happen to miss me or take a weird path. Still a fun, frustrating and eventually rewarding game.

xelios

Technically speaking the tax law allows you to deduct any contributions made above the "Value of goods received". But it's all very much grey area. Is the value $120, as Humble States is the MSRP? Or is it significantly lower since you could technically value the games at $1?

Usually it would be far too low an amount to even consider, but if you donated $10 and allocated "all charity" on each Humble and Weekly Humble, it would add up quickly.

I'm not really advocating this, but it's completely possible as long as the donations you allocate are to 503(c) charitable organizations.

If you're paying 75-99% off the MSRP as most people are (and you are, in your screen) then you are undoubtedly not contributing above the value of goods received. It's not THAT grey. The devs on the other hand do allow the option for their proceeds to go to charity.

Saige

I must do better.
Here you go.
ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-0BA323009682F6DE - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Trine 2 Complete -- MB-2C11F9C67B365003 - Taken by Eanan
Europa Univeralis 3 Complete -- MB-A6430BB88FB961D4 - Taken by alr1ght
FTL Faster Than light -- MB-DD34E3E80CE4A3CA - Taken by fantomena

MNC

http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/

Edit: So this has been posted, why is nobody talking about it!?

Edit Edit: Why don't I have a category called "Controller Supported Games"!?!??!?!

Jamestown completed. What a fun game and what a great soundtrack.

Lugaru HD is suuuuuuuuuuuuch a bad game. I don't even want to finish this piece of shit..

Eanan

Good luck
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Faster Than Light -- MB-6DB4D8DB9C1F2745 - Taken by Tesseract. 5 entrants total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom