• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
never happened to me, hasn't yet for waking mars.

Same here, I went to check my mail tied to my steam account and there's no spam and I know I grabbed a key back when I was a lurker and gmail never deletes anything. I wonder if it just sends it to your accountname e-mail which is some old hotmail thing. If so a poor chap on hotmail must have gotten spammed to hell.

Anyone else having their mind blown by hard reset for the first time, after grabbing it in the bundle yesterday? I just
caught up with the professor
so I think I'm getting into the meat of the game now, have some decent upgrades unlocked. I'm trying to peg if each gun type works better on certain enemies, or weak spots etc. or if it really is just a case of circle strafing like a nutter in all instances. I really really like itt hough, finding the gameplay really satisfying.

Anyone else having their mind blown by hard reset for the first time, after grabbing it in the bundle yesterday? I just
so I think I'm getting into the meat of the game now, have some decent upgrades unlocked. I'm trying to peg if each gun type works better on certain enemies, or weak spots etc. or if it really is just a case of circle strafing like a nutter in all instances. I really really like itt hough, finding the gameplay really satisfying.

I bought this during the steam sale on griefs recommendation and haven't played it, shame is me :(

Silky

Banned
Guess which game has trading cards~

E3gN52V.png

kuYuri

I feel like I'm never going to play this game.
I might throw 15€ at it this Christmas, while cursing at Activision.

Keep an eye on Amazon as well, they often have Activision games on sale for cheaper than Steam. And yes, they usually activate on Steam.

They've had Singularity for $7.50.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

More or less.
The difference between new and old fps: In a new fps you keep going forward killing everything in your path, in an old fps you run away backwards while shooting at things that will kill you if you stop.

The main difference between bullets and plasma it's the speed. Altough, rockets are probably the most powerful weapon. Then there is the sphere of plasma that can go through the walls, it's useful, since you can start killing enemies before they know where you are.

Those
skeleton
-like monster still scare the shit out of me. :lol

This is my first giveaway, so I hope it works.

Thank you kindly sir.

TW Rome 2 just got a new beta patch with a huge change log. Here's hoping it improves a lot of my issues (though some of them are obviously never going to be fixed, like the crappy soundtrack).

Turfster

If i buy SS2 full price on Steam, who will get the money beside Gabe ? The ancient devs ?

No. None of the devs get any money from it anymore, iirc. (correct me if I'm wrong)
I think it mostly goes to that insurance company that had been sitting on the assets/IP for ages.

sprinkles

Indie Gala Weekly, pay what you want for :

Zombies (Desura)
Alien Hallway (Steam)
Alien SHooter (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Conscripted (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Steam)
Zombie Shooter (Steam)
Zombie Shooter 2 (Steam)
Are any of those "XY Shooter" games worth playing? You see them often in bundles but for some reason I don't own any of them.

Grief.exe

Thats Hard Reset. If you enjoy fast-paced shooters then there is no way you won't love the game.

The professor is an awesome voice actor by the way. I need to watch the credits more closely and get his name. I couldn't find him through the internet.

If i buy SS2 full price on Steam, who will get the money beside Gabe ? The ancient devs ?

Night Dive, Gabe, and the insurance company who owns the IP.

r3n4ud

I think that the people best able to figure out what is best for Indie devs are the Indie devs themselves. If they feel the need or desire to include their fairly recent and new releases in Indie Bundles, then that is entirely up to them. I don't see how you can argue against this seeing as how most suppositions and assumptions about Indie devs are for the most part based on an almost complete ignorance of their actual individual needs or desires.

Maybe they have come to the conclusion that most people who were going to buy at full price or normal sale prices have already bought the game and most others, like myself, are willing to wait games down until they are hugely discounted, so why not be part of the hugely successful Humble Bundle instead and make a large chunk of money NOW that could be used to further future developments or whatever else they want...RIGHT NOW. There. You have one entirely legitimate possible reason for including a fairly new game in a bundle.

Jesus man :/. Indie devs can do whatever they like with their game. I voiced my opinion on the matter. Sorry to piss you off...

Jawmuncher

Jesus man :/. Indie devs can do whatever they like with their game. I voiced my opinion on the matter. Sorry to piss you off...

How dare you have an opinion lol.He just wanted to be a bit more vocal than most. We all have different ideas of what indie devs can do.

Damn it, now I have to buy it. Oh wait, I can just buy the card for a few pence or cents. Thanks market place.

I wonder how many cards the game will have.
Hopefully its in the "safe" zone of 8.

Anyone who doesn't have Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim on Steam, but wants them, hit me up with a PM. Maybe we can work out a trade, since the code I got from the Anthology is useless to me anyway.

EDIT: All three are Game of the Year/Deluxe/Legendary editions, too.

Vibranium

Banned
Cool article on VG247 about JJ Abrams reaction to the Star Trek game.

Sorry for the length. Its an interesting article and he mentions working with Valve near the end.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/13/star-trek-game-disappointed-j-j-abrams-emotionally-it-hurt/

Really neat, must suck to be the devs of the Star Trek game to know that even the architect of the reboot movies said the game is terrible. Well they got paid I guess, so they moved on...

Abrams and Valve is going to be so cool, with whatever they come up with. My dream would be a sci-fi RPG by them but I don't think that will happen unfortunately.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Anyone who doesn't have Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim on Steam, but wants them, hit me up with a PM. Maybe we can work out a trade, since the code I got from the Anthology is useless to me anyway.

Well that sucks, why can't you use it?

chronomac

I'd be interested for sure. I PMed you.

Well that sucks, why can't you use it?

I already have all three on Steam, just wanted the Anthology for the discs and the fancy maps and packaging.

I should mention that it's just one code which redeems all three games at once, too, and none of them are giftable.

Martian

Unfortunately I dont have anything to offer in return, but should no one else want Oblivion I would love it.

nvm: saw the only one code part

Jawmuncher

So has anyone gotten a coupon worth a damn yet?
I think the best i've gotten was Portal 2 for 75% off which I still didn't bother with.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So has anyone gotten a coupon worth a damn yet?
I think the best i've gotten was Portal 2 for 75% off which I still didn't bother with.

I've got a few 90% off coupons - the best of which was for Droid Assault which I was happy to pick up for $1, and idle it's cards which I sold for over $1.

I also got a 90% off Krater, but the developers got a little scummy with it and put the game on 1% discount until the coupon expired.

Jawmuncher

I've got a few 90% off coupons - the best of which was for Droid Assault which I was happy to pick up for $1, and idle it's cards which I sold for over $1.

I also got a 90% off Krater, but the developers got a little scummy with it and put the game on 1% discount until the coupon expired.

I think I got a coupon for 90% off the X-COM series once. (Not including the latest one.)

Glad that there seems to be good ones, seems i'm just missing out on them.
Also that Krater coupon sounds scummy as hell. Thats terrible.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Playing Splinter Cell (the first one) with its broken engine it's such a pain. Some lights do not display fine, and it's much more difficult this way.

Like, fore example, I was in complete darkness but the light sensor was telling me that I actually was in plain sight. I look up and there's a light right on top of me that wasn't displaying.
Or, even worse, towards the end, some soldiers have head-mounted flashlights on them. Obviously, the light cone of the flashlight doesn't show up. I was going mental trying to understand why sometimes, while I was in complete darkness, some enemies could spot me and suddenly I was in plain sight.

As far as I know it happens only on nVidia cards, and it also happens on Pandora Tomorrow, that's probably why it's not on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom