• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Some Shmup action :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humans Must Answer -- MB-AD3B28288A6D79A9 - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.

t1398434202z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
And some more :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Soulbringer -- MB-EAE3C06FA8790357 - Taken by NingenJanai. 9 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-5DF6CB426BFC8904 - Taken by Saty. 11 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-199EF5B9A14D6092 - Taken by johnssy123. 2 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-BF27D2F56AB17777 - Taken by ShogunX. 6 entrants total.

t1398444825z1.png

Zafir

So with the Dark Souls 2 Playfire rewards I finally decided to create an account there and link it with Steam/GMG. Well, it turns out I created an account there several years ago with an older yahoo email address and my desired account name. So when I logged in there with my current email address that's linked with my account on GMG it created a new account for me, but wouldn't let me set my account name because it already exists. I can't update the email on my original Playfire account because it created a new account with that email address. I put in a support ticket about 24 hours ago and have yet to hear a response.

In the meantime, I decided to watch the Red Wings game last night instead of play Dark Souls 2. Ugh.
They can't link up already created accounts yet. I've got the same problem. Already had a Playfire account with the same username. Support told me they'd let me know as soon as they could.

Kiru

Anyone who could help me with Portal 2 Co Op playfire achievements ? Looks like my laptop can handle the game and I got still some time left. Never played the Co Op before though. :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Divo -- MB-9344F743BE2FAEF5 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys (possibly taken, but probably not) -- MB-FE80F606018B48A2 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
6180 The Moon (Desura) (possibly taken, but probably not) -- MB-A88DB2740471B9A2 - Taken by JakeD. 1 entrants total.
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory (possibly taken but probably not) -- MB-546F3211AC368D69 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Ultratron (possibly taken, but probably not) -- MB-C5854BC850671C64 - Taken by ShogunX. 2 entrants total.
Amerzone (GOG) -- MB-8DFDD36E6466F008 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Master Reboot (possibly taken, but probably not) -- MB-B64F9C369D39242F - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-0DDA9948224E0133 - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-247C5A3080ABC6DE

t1398435237z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I felt the same way when I tried to play after watching videos.
Just sat there going "I must be missing something", will try and give it another go at some point.
I gave it several tries, and never got any better, so I gave up.

I'm not mad about it. The game's not for me.

Jawmuncher

Is it normal for Steam to bump up temperatures when its downloading?
Was sitting at 64C when I started my DL. Paused it and it went back to normal. Kinda weird. Never noticed before.

Started the DL back up and now its normal. WTH was up with that. Going to have to check my processes I guess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who could help me with Portal 2 Co Op playfire achievements ? Looks like my laptop can handle the game and I got still some time left. Never played the Co Op before though. :/
Sure thing. I'll be home in about 11 hours, so if you don't mind waiting that long we could play it then.

Besides, I never got the "find a certain secret room in the co-op campaign" achievement, so that would be nice.

BruteUA

Batman Blackgate is at impulse-buy levels but the best thing I've heard about it is that it's mediocre. Anyone have any positive things to say about the game?

I didn't hate it, I enjoyed the story. I don't think it's anywhere near as terrible as the vocal majority makes it out to be, but that's just my opinion. You can do a lot worse with $5.

fantomena

Bumping this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland 2 -- MB-16B6A8CE6D57A772

t1398458994z1.png

Kiru

Sure thing. I'll be home in about 11 hours, so if you don't mind waiting that long we could play it then.

Besides, I never got the "find a certain secret room in the co-op campaign" achievement, so that would be nice.
Hmm. Playfire rewards will run out by that time and I might be in bed sleeping. :D But we can play it just to complete it anyway, I'm only missing co-op stuff to 100% it :)

Yeah, if anyone wants to do Portal 2 co-op, just hit me up. Don't care for the playfire rewards (but can help out with it), rather just want to try it out and go through the campaign. Would be cool to 100% it too regarding cheevos :p

That seems like a big problem to me.
Sounds more like an overstatement rather than a real complaint, I don't recall seeing any user who reported severe input lag in the PC OT.

Edit:
Controls are extremely unresponsive. Especially attacks, because you can bind attacks to the keys, but only the ones that are slow. The attacks that actually work, you have to use keys.
67% of the people who read this incomprehensible mess, and gave it a thumbs up.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I wish From would take the guys that did the PC port of DS2 and have them redo DS1
and remove Lost Izalith in the process
. I'm legit amazed at how good the PC port is.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Playfire rewards will run out by that time and I might be in bed sleeping. :D But we can play it just to complete it anyway, I'm only missing co-op stuff to 100% it :)
Oh, that's too bad then :( I didn't know they were expiring today. I already finished the campaign, so I wanted to 100% it too, lol

Grief.exe

82% of Dark Souls 2's reviews do not recommend buying this game, damn steam community you cray...

Lighting isn't there from the TGS demo.
There are some launch road bumps.
People insist on using M/KB controls.
Mouse cursor shows up in menus.

SHIT CONSOLE PORT!!! DO NOT BUY

I'm embarrassed. Same shit happened to RE4HD.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lighting isn't there from the TGS demo.
There are some launch road bumps.
People insist on using M/KB controls.
Mouse cursor shows up in menus.

SHIT CONSOLE PORT!!! DO NOT BUY
I think all of these are valid complaints, especially the last 3. Haven't played the game myself (nor will I do it in the future), but I see no reason to discredit those.

Not even. The worst zone in DS2 is
Shrine of Amana
and it is like Anor Londo compared to LI.

That area alone is worse than Lost Izalith, not to mention the
Gulch
There's some real garbage in Dark Souls II, but luckily most of the game is pretty enjoyable.

DocSeuss

Sounds more like an overstatement rather than a real complaint, I don't recall seeing any user who reported severe input lag in the PC OT.

Edit:

67% of the people who read this incomprehensible mess, and gave it a thumbs up.

Okay, with the edit, that seems a bit weirder.

Zia

I do wish the mouse cursor wouldn't show in menus (when playing with a controller) but otherwise most of the DSII complaints are silly. A crazy amount of people simply don't understand how combat works, which is crazy given how popular the first Dark Souls was on PC and the availability of YouTube videos and Twitch streams.

Edit: Crazy. Cray-cray.

Ruruja

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humans Must Answer -- MB-09095CF5AD25628E - Taken by -MD-. 9 entrants total.

t1398449501z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom