• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Controller overview and videos/impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miff

Didn't think would be any tracking since it's royal mail?

I think UK orders from GAME etc. are being sent Royal Mail 1st class, so no tracking.

But orders from Steam are being handled by GLS in the Netherlands, before being handed to Royal Mail's Parcel Force division for UK delivery, so there should be end-to-end tracking.

JoeBoy101

Does that video actually have a minute and a half long intro of the boxes

I was more put off by the guy's gangrenous thumb. Needs some antibiotic cream on that.

Packaging is a bit cheap, but I don't really care too much so long as the equipment is solid.

5QwHOvc.jpg

It's here!

Can't wait to try KOTOR on this. Been holding off playing the various Star Wars games that came in the heart humble bundle until this arrived.

SpotAnime

Mine comes Friday. Can't wait to run this through its paces. Lots of previously-unplayable Big Picture games to choose from. It's like getting a brand new console!

Was hoping to see new impressions, but I just looked through 3 pages of people talking about shipping. Can we get back to what the topic was for?

Haven't been keeping track of the Steam controllers, so I have one question - are these things compatible with Windows and games out of the box, like the X360 and XBO controllers are/were? Are there any issues yet?

Over-Run

If I ordered off steam in September can I expect mine in October or November? I got an email saying to confirm the address by like the 20th of October so I'm not sure will it ship then?

iceatcs

For UK early pre-ordered from Steam - Parcel Force start use the ref number today.

Hope the Dutch ship come today then UK people can say fuck off GLS, use Parcel Force tracking, and should get it by tomorrow from Parcel Force Express 24 service.

deleted

No need to apologise. I'm in the same boat, but for me it's not been updated since the first.

Speak of the Devil: I got an Update :) Inbound or Outbound to GLS location, whatever comes later. Both stats were added at the same time, so there is still hope for tomorrow!

kodecraft

Pretty sure I've already broken one of the battery eject levers

Damn, I expect more will probably do the same, after the issues Trial By Game talked about in his vid on the Steam Controller.

So with this controller, I recommend not forcing anything or rough handling because that whole backplate and battery levers seem finicky.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I'd feel a lot better if my tracking moved out of "label created" before noon. Otherwise - I'm guessing I won't be getting it on Friday. I'm really looking forward to using it so here is hoping that it gets shipped.

Gav47

Damn, I expect more will probably do the same, after the issues Trial By Game talked about in his vid on the Steam Controller.

So with this controller, I recommend not forcing anything or rough handling because that whole backplate and battery levers seem finicky.

Sorry to hear that does the build quality suck?

Damn dude, that sucks. Can we get pics of the damage?

It still works and will eject the battery but there's a nice rattle now, I'll probably just put some tape or blue tack on it to hold it in place, video here

Other impressions

The dongle stand is pretty weighty so you probably won't have to it stick down
ABXY buttons feel kinda small
Throw on the bumpers is about the same as the one on a 360 controller, they work when press anywhere unlike the xbone controller
The click at the end of the trigger pull feels great

Maybe put a warning to go easy with the battery installation in the OT lol.

EB Games Canada just sent me a payment failure notification. I'm assuming this is similar to the glitches that the Amiibos caused their system?

I haven't been able to call in though. I've left a message.

EDIT: I just realized the email said the charge didn't go through for $67 of my order (controller and link total was $135). I think it's fine but wanted to give people a head's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom