• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Cerity

Listed a few sacks at absurd prices. I figure if they sell, that's more money in my wallet, if not I can always take the sales down and turn them into boosters later.

I was pretty surprised when I sold a few sacks yesterday for $1.30

Arthea

So Fotonica is a really fun "endless runner" with a very unique vector-art style (think Tempest). It's unfortunate that's there's not much there (a handful of normal levels and 3 endless levels), but it's really well done for what it is. I also really dig the VS splitscreen mode, it's very tense. Great music too.

So yeah, maybe not a full-pricer, but a great filler game if it goes cheap (got mine via the auction).

I actually kinda like T.E.C. 3001. It was in a bundle at some point, so it's a good chance you have it, give it a try,
it can get to plain insane speeds too (><)

Well, Rhak is behind me, last I knew... and I have pretty much everything I want and am looking at slowing down radically, if not [almost] completely... I have faith in you, Suikoder. :p

I actually plan to tone down on purchases even more, after winter sale that is ;)
no more badge crafting, market analysis, good deals hunting, just playing my games, imagine that! what a life!
I won't leave greenlight picking though,
I might be addicted to that (><)

i decided to take the plunge and bid on 3-5 games which are likely to be had for cheaper prices then they will go during winter sale.

are gem sacks currently the cheapest way to get gems?

i need about 6-9k gems.
would appreciate it a lot when fellow gaffer could help me out a bit here.
would gladly buy off gems.

What determines the value of booster packs and the value in gems of the items? for example Dungeons of Dredmore have an expensive pack, 1000 gems, however the items from this game have a low value, around 40 gems a background.

What determines the value of booster packs and the value in gems of the items? for example Dungeons of Dredmore have an expensive pack, 1000 gems, however the items from this game have a low value, around 40 gems a background.

pretty sure it the number of cards in the set that determines the gem value of booster packs.

I believe the more cards to craft a badge, the cheaper the booster will be. So a game with only 5 cards would have a really pricey booster, gem-wise, while a game with a ton of cards will have a cheaper gem rate for boosters.

i decided to take the plunge and bid on 3-5 games which are likely to be had for cheaper prices then they will go during winter sale.

are gem sacks currently the cheapest way to get gems?

i need about 6-9k gems.
would appreciate it a lot when fellow gaffer could help me out a bit here.
would gladly buy off gems.

If you're still looking for gems, I may be able to help out. If I'm not online on Steam just PM me.

i never got shale so i had to use the god damn console commands to get him. :mad: got to use him a bit, she's shit imo. I'll stick with my alli, wynn, morrigan and rouge set. anyway i finished up her quest, now I'm up to the last mission of the game. gonna do some side quest first before beating the game. cmon amazon, wheres my ultimate + da2 bundle already

ExoSoul

Banned
Does anyone need/want a Legolas Greenleaf foil card? I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try (tried selling at a discount and trading for other cards and nothing).
It's bugging me cause it has value yet it's sitting in my inventory completely useless.
/minorrant

Anustart

Does anyone need/want a Legolas Greenleaf foil card? I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try (tried selling at a discount and trading for other cards and nothing).
It's bugging me cause it has value yet it's sitting in my inventory completely useless.
/minorrant

I'll take it :3

Nzyme32

I think Jawmuncher might appreciate this one after going to the effort of making a thread. Half way there, just a bit more yelling required

4w0zi8K.png

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/619573787428503700/

Ok, after the Shivah, I'm tapped out. No more gem escapades for me. Another dentist visit tomorrow (gotta use that last paid sick day), so I'm going to try to get to lvl 80 before the sale starts.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Home -- MB-79458A44642EC48A - Taken by ExoSoul

ExoSoul

Banned
What the...
Not only is steam acting up I'm back to level 0 and all my badges are gone? (including pillar/games/years)
Is this usual for a maintenance?

oipic

ASCENSION ON STEAM MOTHERFUCKERS

awesome TCG, played a bunch on the iphone (on that stupid tiny screen too)

Nice, happy to see it back - just received my backer key, too. Not sure how the expansions work yet, though - Playdek had previously indicated that purchases from iOS would be transferable somehow, but that doesn't look to be the case.

UI looks very much like the iOS game we know and love (from the store page, anyway), which is a good thing. The previous in-house beta, launched prior to Playdek getting back on board, was very rough to say the least.

Kagemusha

What the...
Not only is steam acting up I'm back to level 0 and all my badges are gone? (including pillar/games/years)
Is this usual for a maintenance?

That happened to me a few days ago. Right after I crafted 400 badges and went up about 48 levels. It corrected itself a few minutes later.

Momentary

Banned
I know that this isn't going to mean a lot to people here. But today on base I walked into a group of Marines who were talking about the new consoles today. They were trying to convince a Corporal to dive in to the X1 crowd. That's when I chimed in with the PS4 and then the Sergeant that was with me said that the PS4 doesn't get the amount of support that the X1 has in terms of games and customer support.

Instead of argue I just told him I don't own any consoles and I told the Corporal to pick up a PC and just play on Steam. To my surprise, almost the whole group got excited about me just mentioning it. The only person that was clueless was the Sergeant.

At the exchange store on base there are ISLES of unsold PS4s and X1s. There's even a mini mountain of PS4 GTAV+TLOU bundles there for $399. If you go over the the PC side, every Asus Laptop with a 970m or above was sold out. Even the Alienware Alphas were sold out. Only thing left there was an 880m Alienware. Even the damn ASUS display laptop was sold.

With all this said, I think this is a testament to how popular PC gaming is actually getting.

interesting.

while auction pages for games cannot be reached, you still can see top bids when searching in the auction mainpage.

some games got their top bids raise by 300 gems while others dropped a couple hundred.

hm. first time actually bidding, so guess I'll only bid for this current round for games whose top bids went down and wait for the others to drop.

Top Bottom