• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam game festival | Autumn Edition (Deals, demos, stream with dev and more)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
event_header_image.jpg

The Steam Games Festival will be back on October 7th!
This festival is a multi-day event that allows fans to try out demos, chat with development teams, watch live streams, and check out upcoming releases on Steam.

In this tread, I will try to summarize cool games we can try, interesting links and good deals etc...

Try those !

Stream by dev:
Ghostrunner:

The Survivalist:

I will edit this, feel free to show your finds !​

Last edited:

MastAndo

I know it's opinion-based, but any of these demos highly anticipated titles or "must try"? The Falconeer looks interesting, but Steam is saying there's no demo available for it.

Faenrir

Hey all :)

My game is participating in the festival, feel free to try the demo and tell me your impressions :)
It's an old school retro love letter to shoot'em'up games of the 90s but with the added modernity of RPG elements in the form of experience, skill ups, equipment and replayable levels along with gorgeous pixel art, chiptunes soundtrack, etc

Some screenshots:

dtn6iLe.png
jk0ViXr.png
ErH18W9.png
WmPPvLz.png
UkW3AB5.png
mHmqqq3.png

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I know it's opinion-based, but any of these demos highly anticipated titles or "must try"? The Falconeer looks interesting, but Steam is saying there's no demo available for it.
You are right, I dont know why since the game is supposed to have a demo but I get an error wen clicking

unknown.png

Last edited:

Holammer

Party Animals demo was Top 10 for awhile with a 69,562 player peak. Definently looks like a game that'll draw in the crowds because of influencers/streamers talking about it.

Faenrir

Yeah the falconeer doesn't have a demo. I think you need to go to their discord to access their beta or something...kinda fucked up.
The goal of the festival is to showcase demos ~

Faenrir

Just to be sure, i'm not the only one that doesn't see an event banner on the store page, right ?

I'm not sure why but it seems Valve suddenly stopped advertising it ? That's strange.

sixamp

Party animals looks like a well made clone of another game that was a clone of another game I just can't remember what the other games were

Holammer

105k concurrent playing Party Animals right now. Gave it a go yesterday but MP servers weren't available at the time.
Also tried the Wave Break demo, it was pretty neat, but the shooting bit felt out of place and could have been skipped. It was a turd on an otherwise excellent experience.

Top Bottom