• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Because modern warfare is ww2 is scifi fps. We're back to scifi fps, so in 4-5 I expect a real sweet looking landing at Normandy to happen and we'll all suck it up because we're super tired of scifi fpses.

We better get some futuristic weapons and shit. I expect railguns, mach 10+ airstrikes, orbital satellite positron cannons, laser-based weapons / phase weapons, invisibility cloaks, tiny&robust spying equipment, and at least 1 mission in space where you shoot laser cannons at enemy ships.

Anteater

yup. Shooter 2 came out on the PS3 and I guess it should come out on PC eventually, given that Q has said very recently that they've had a lot of success with their steam/pc ports.

cool, game was kind of relaxing to play, will probably play 2 if it comes out

Been playing Child of Light. Digging it so far, but not to far in.

Trying to sell some cards so I can buy this, but can't access inventory, damn it valve!

We better get some futuristic weapons and shit. I expect railguns, mach 10+ airstrikes, orbital satellite positron cannons, laser-based weapons / phase weapons, invisibility cloaks, tiny&robust spying equipment, and at least 1 mission in space where you shoot laser cannons at enemy ships.
We already have some futuristic guns in BO2, still shoot like standard CoD pea shooter.

FloatOn

I would play this and I hate modern shooters at the moment.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuck I ignored like the 50 warning messages and pulled that level in Dark Souls 2. From is such trolls. They know you want to pull that fucking lever out of curiousity.

Copons

Fuck I ignored like the 50 warning messages and pulled that level in Dark Souls 2. From is such trolls. They know you want to pull that fucking lever out of curiousity.

Holy shit, your post alone makes me want to buy DS2 asap just to get to that lever and fight against my inner self about whether to pull it or not.

What level is that? I heard about not pulling something, but to date I've never seen anything bad happen.

nvm just found it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

ifIRhXUOffvUV.gif

I went through a fog gate in the Iron Keep which returned me to an area I had already cleared. I got flattened by a pillar sized mace before the exit animation was over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

is it the one in
the castle near the giant dragon skeleton
? I almost did but decided to assume all the messages were there for a reason. so what happens?

is it the one in
the castle near the giant dragon skeleton
? I almost did but decided to assume all the messages were there for a reason. so what happens?

Navlaan will fuck your shit up. He'll invade you multiple times from that point on and has magic that one-shots you.
Also, you miss out on a sidequest which gives you a number of unique spells.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

What does it even do? I pulled the lever and the NPC who left the warnings was all "OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?!?"

I then cleared the level wondering wtf that was all about.

EDIT: Ooooh, so it triggers those invasions, ok.

Almost four hours into Jedi Academy. Damn, this is everything I wanted Force Unleashed to be. The levels are great (that tram level was so cool), the combat makes you feel powerful. I never use guns. Lightsaber all the way. Rushing in, deflecting laser fire, cartwheeling over head while attacking, etc.

I really hope we see a modern current gen Jedi Knight to go along with the new trilogy. That would be amazing and just make sense.

WHAT THE FUCK
Apparently Saint's Row 4 was mispriced on Gamersgate for like $6, unless that's the price on other regions, for me it shows $14.

Yes, it is 7,99€ for me for the game and 3,39€ for the Season pass, very tempting.

The Season Pass is $2 though, should I bite or wait for the GotY edition?
I'm sure SR4 could be bought for under $10 if I wait long enough XP

I have been holding off it for the same reason, Saints row the third has ended up having a ridiculous amount of DLC - some bonus missions are also very good by the way - and I wouldn't bee too suprised if they did the same thing again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Navlaan will fuck your shit up. He'll invade you multiple times from that point on and has magic that one-shots you.
Also, you miss out on a sidequest which gives you a number of unique spells.

I can still do the quest in NG+ to get those spells right? And I have to do NG++ to finish the spells anyways since I'm not doing the covenant requirements for like 500 wins. Also, once I realized what I had done I just killed him in his cell. Does that prevent his invasions?

Turfster

Almost four hours into Jedi Academy. Damn, this is everything I wanted Force Unleashed to be. The levels are great (that tram level was so cool), the combat makes you feel powerful. I never use guns. Lightsaber all the way. Rushing in, deflecting laser fire, cartwheeling over head while attacking, etc.

I really hope we see a modern current gen Jedi Knight to go along with the new trilogy. That would be amazing and just make sense.

All you're going to get is Jedi Kinect Dancing.
The dream is dead. Let it lie.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For those that were wondering about SRIV, the Season Pass has both of the important story-based DLC. The rest of the DLC can be ignored as it's either cosmetic, random weapons or cheats.
In any case, do get the game (and especially if you enjoyed The Third) as it's *really* fun.

Great that you are enjoying it, but mind that the single player in Jedi Outcast is definitely superior. But the thing in which Academy is undoubtedly better is the multiplayer, it's absolutely glorious.

Lunaniem

Great that you are enjoying it, but mind that the single player in Jedi Outcast is definitely superior. But the thing in which Academy is undoubtedly better is the multiplayer, it's absolutely glorious.

Is there people still playing Academy MP? I was considering getting it for that.

Ruruja

Is there anywhere the developer of CoL lists their likes or inspirations for the game? The first time I saw the main character I thought "she reminds me of Ce'Nedra" (from The Belgariad) and "Child of Light" is a well-known label for a person in The Belgariad.

gabbo

For those that were wondering about SRIV, the Season Pass has both of the important story-based DLC. The rest of the DLC can be ignored as it's either cosmetic, random weapons or cheats.
In any case, do get the game (and especially if you enjoyed The Third) as it's *really* fun.

Well it was originally meant as a multiplayer-focused expansion

Grief.exe

Did you play any of the previous Jedi Knight games? Or did you just jump into the third?

Yes, I loved The third, have tried SRIV on a free weekend, and I like this one maybe even better thanks to its new "super-hero" mechanics - I gather it's taken some elements off Protoype -, although I miss some activities such as Super ethical reality climax and Tank mayhem.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Max Payne 3 is 75% off again at GMG, in another attempt to get me to buy it. I really enjoyed the game, but seeing as I have it on the 360 I'll wait until it's 90% off.

Max Payne 3 is 75% off again at GMG, in another attempt to get me to buy it. I really enjoyed the game, but seeing as I have it on the 360 I'll wait until it's 90% off.

The graphics are pretty impressive when maxed out. I had the game on the 360 but bought it for my PC and was taken aback by the difference.
60fps ftw.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The graphics are pretty impressive when maxed out. I had the game on the 360 but bought it for my PC and was taken aback by the difference.
60fps ftw.

I can imagine. Hmm. We'll see. I have £1.95 of credit so it'd only be £1.79, but after getting Arkham Origins for 94p using GMG credit I feel like spending any more than that on a game I've already played isn't the best of use of the extra credit, ha. I need more games I own to come up on Playfire again, GOAT Simulator was amazing.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Is there people still playing Academy MP? I was considering getting it for that.
Not sure, I play it via LAN with friends rather than online.

Well it was originally meant as a multiplayer-focused expansion
True, I had forgotten about that.

Yes, I loved The third, have tried SRIV on a free weekend, and I like this one maybe even better thanks to its new "super-hero" mechanics - I gather it's taken some elements off Protoype -, although I miss some activities such as Super ethical reality climax and Tank mayhem.
There is no Tank Mayhem per-se, but there is a variation by using some specific powers/abilities.
Regarding the other one, there is actually one of those as a story mission.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam just send an email to notify me that CoD:BO2 is 25% off.

Not that the system is overly useful in its current (i.e. unreliable) state, but there should be a general threshold option and ideally also the ability to set thresholds for individual items in your wishlist.

I think some of my coworkers were talking about CoD. Apparently there is no Portuguese translation for "Kevin Spacey".

Anytime I see a 'dont do it' message, Part of me kind of wants to. Except jumping, fuck that.

Jedi Academy is the one where you kind of create a character, and don't play as Kyle, right?

Never though I'd see my name in a steam thread. Awesome i guess

I can still do the quest in NG+ to get those spells right? And I have to do NG++ to finish the spells anyways since I'm not doing the covenant requirements for like 500 wins. Also, once I realized what I had done I just killed him in his cell. Does that prevent his invasions?

Yeah you can do it in NG+. No idea about the other thing, but I don't think you can stop him.

Arthea

Anybody remembers how large FM2014 download is? I so don't want to uninstall any of those hundreds of games I haven't finished yet.

I definitely like SR4 better than the third, it just feels goofier, more silly and fun!

just bought anime pack for blue coins too. strictly for science!
now just to find time to play it.

Activision never disappoints.
So fucking thrilled!
Not that the system is overly useful in its current (i.e. unreliable) state, but there should be a general threshold option and ideally also the ability to set thresholds for individual items in your wishlist.
I actually don't mind being notified even when the game is only slightly discounted, the time Steam took to send the notification on the other hand...

Ruruja

but that's awesome!
look at the bright side, at least they don't forget your name (><)

Well.. I'm not going to look at the dark side am I? :p

--------

Sorry if I'm late, but Knytt Underground is one of the 2 mystery games to be added to the latest Blink Bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom