• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fran Bow continues to be fantastic. That is all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol I think I did all the trophies in AC twice, once on GFWL release and once on Steam release. They aren't bad. I find it works best to put minimal effort in solving them until you have all equipment at the end of the game.

Congrats!

I'm at 58 now though I haven't even written one up in the official 2016 thread. I have a month and a half to get to that!

I'm still a bit sad I missed out on Alice. I really enjoyed it when I played it all those years ago on 360/ps3, it was one of them can't remember which, even if it was a little overlong.

I don't know how yall do this. Ive beaten only seven games this year (I blame Rocket League).

Tizoc

So CoD IW, BF1 and Titanfall 2 are said to have good SP campaigns. Gonna have to make a mental note to get them on sale in the near future.

Any easy way to earn fight money in SFV or realistically do I just buy the season pass?

The way I'd generally do it is
1- Finish all Story prologues.
2- Finish Story mode
3- Finish Story mode on Extreme OR go and do the trials
4- Finish each characters trials
5- Finish All Easy Survival
6- Do Medium/Normal survival for characters who you are good with and know quick easy combos for

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Won a Mystery Game but I get this message when I try to activate it on Steam.

m9Yxiws.png

Sounds like it was someone giving away 0-value DLC to qualify for a givers-required raffle, haahah.

Corpekata

Banned
It might be Dishnored DE, there was a thread from someone here that got the same error when trying to redeem it. Linked to Dishonored 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, in order to prevent people from giving away the original game, Bethesda split Dishonored 2 pre-orders across two keys: one for Dishonored 2 itself and another for the pre-order DLC and "Definitive" Edition.

Tizoc

Seems Watch Doge 2 has performance issues on consoles, something a Day 1 patch would fix I suppose.
Honestly it is stuff like this that is turning me away from getting games retail on PS4 @_@

data

derFeef

If I buy the full first season of Hitman on Amazon (Steam key) but I already have the Intro pack on PC - will I get an extra Intro pack to give away?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Who the hell overclocks their GPU right off the bat? I never overclocked mine and got really optimum output from the games I enjoyed.

derFeef

Who the hell overclocks their GPU right off the bat? I never overclocked mine and got really optimum output from the games I enjoyed.

I do, lol. If word of the mouth is that the GPU overclocks like a pro, I do so from the get-go, same with CPU. Why miss out on additional performance, even if marginal.

Aww, expected though. Thanks!
It's still cheaper than the season upgrade, weird.

Knurek

I do, lol. If word of the mouth is that the GPU overclocks like a pro, I do so from the get-go, same with CPU. Why miss out on additional performance, even if marginal.

Lower thermals and power usage, better fan profile, longer lifetime of components?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ever since I played a few games from the Windows Store (ReCore and Gears), I get this 'press Win+G' bar when I start games from Steam as well. And I just started the Xbox app, and I get this:

FSgw2oW.png

I didn't ask for this, don't boot when I launch a Steam game! How do I turn this off?

derFeef

Lower thermals and power usage, better fan profile, longer lifetime of components?

Sure, but I am sporting a 3770k, which will get an upgrade sooner or later and I upgrade GPU's every two years. I am not overlcocking them to the maximum, I leave some headroom for temp and noise for sure. All valid reasons, though, if minimal!

Ever since I played a few games from the Windows Store (ReCore and Gears), I get this 'press Win+G' bar when I start games from Steam as well. And I just started the Xbox app, and I get this:

FSgw2oW.png

I didn't ask for this, don't boot when I launch a Steam game! How do I turn this off?

In the Xbox App settings. Disable Game DVR.

jonno394

Really enjoying Resident Evil Revelations 2. Just finished off episode 2. Game looks great in 4k, encountered a couple of frame drops but otherwise good 60fps performance.

Must admit that the cruise liner sections of revelations 1 were much closer to classic resident evil than this looks to ever be though, which is disappointing, so because of that I like revelations 1 more so far.

Nillansan

Please only enter if you actually intend to play the game! If you end up winning, I would appreciate it if you could submit your impressions to Steam and post a link to the review in the Steam GAF thread once you are done with the game. This is not a requirement, but rather a request.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nillansan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nillansan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Xanadu Next -- MB-E5E158D0BC872C72 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 24 entrants total.
Xanadu Next #3 -- MB-996A6D7C147C2548 - Taken by DarKshodaN. 35 entrants total.
Xanadu Next #2 -- MB-B2ACE14570E8D532 - Taken by ramoisdead. 27 entrants total.

t1479052215z1.png

NeoRaider

They don't want people to gift or sell that 5 dollar game. It'll cause Bethesda to go broke.

-They don't give you the pre-order "bonus" (D1) if you already own it. (Who else is pre-ordering D2 but D1 fans??)
-They don't give you the option to sell or gift it if you already own it.
-They don't allow you to activate D1 (some stores are giving separated keys i guess) if you don't have D2 in your library.

WHY ARE PPL BUYING THEIR GAMES AND SUPPORTING THIS??

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So CoD IW, BF1 and Titanfall 2 are said to have good SP campaigns. Gonna have to make a mental note to get them on sale in the near future.
I had a blast with Titanfall 2 and CoD IW and I'm currently enjoying replaying CoD4 with the remaster which is a pretty spectacular upgrade. I've heard mixed things about BF1 but I'm still looking forward to picking it up on sale.

Jawmuncher

I had a blast with Titanfall 2 and CoD IW and I'm currently enjoying replaying CoD4 with the remaster which is a pretty spectacular upgrade. I've heard mixed things about BF1 but I'm still looking forward to picking it up on sale.

BF1 is decent. They did mini stories which really helps them show numerous angles of the war. However the campaign is very short, like 4 hours on normal. If you only want to play the campaign you're better off waiting for it to hit the vault or have ea game time.

Monooboe

Please only enter if you actually intend to play the game! If you end up winning, I would appreciate it if you could submit your impressions to Steam and post a link to the review in the Steam GAF thread once you are done with the game. This is not a requirement, but rather a request.

I'm playing it right and loving it. Those of you who tought about skipping the giveaway because you might not be interested in the game should give it a chance and actually play it.

Awesome giveaway by the way!

MadGear

The map shows you what items are dropped in each room after you pick them up.

Thanks, didn't know this. I briefly tried real survival in REHD (will come back once I learn to speedrun this game) and expected RE0 to exacerbate the issue but if the game keeps track of items for you then that is absolutely fine with me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BF1 is decent. They did mini stories which really helps them show numerous angles of the war. However the campaign is very short, like 4 hours on normal. If you only want to play the campaign you're better off waiting for it to hit the vault or have ea game time.
I crowd fund a lot of my shooter purchases with two brothers and a shared Origin/Steam library so the hit financially is pretty minimal.

MadGear

I know one of the bigger complaints to 0 is it's harder to speed run than other RE games.

That's fine with me, I'm not a speed runner anyway. I'm just curious about trying something new since I dropped all of my daily competitive games over the course of the year (I will get back to SFV if season 2 releases on PC) and REHD is an amazing and short game (once you know what to do), so it seems like a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom