• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Tales from the Borderlands. If you haven't played this game yet, I highly recommend that you do. Even those that don't like the Borderlands games, their story, their humor, their everything will probably like this one. A surprisingly good effort from Telltale.

Turfster

I just finished Tales from the Borderlands. If you haven't played this game yet, I highly recommend that you do. Even those that don't like the Borderlands games, their story, their humor, their everything will probably like this one. A surprisingly good effort from Telltale.

Agreed.

Tizoc

Gonna play Ep. 3 today.
Ep. 2 didn't feel like it progressed much but it was still enjoyable
bro

Just started it and I agree so far.

Dsyndrome

Also don't know what time zone dex3108's in, the new Witcher 3 patch allows you to disable the hub properly, remember him being anxious about that for some reason.

I want to play Tale from the Borderlands since I now have it on PSN and Steam; only thing holding me back is not getting past the first boss in Borderlands 2. Stupid previous games getting in the way of new fun games.

Just started it and I agree so far.
It gets better.
It's kind of crazy that I thought Tales from the Borderlands would be a flop and Game of Thrones would be the better of the two, but it's actually seems to be the opposite. Game of Thrones feels like such a perfect property to make a Telltale style game out of and Borderlands doesn't at all.
Writing made all the difference.

It's kind of crazy that I thought Tales from the Borderlands would be a flop and Game of Thrones would be the better of the two, but it's actually seems to be the opposite. Game of Thrones feels like such a perfect property to make a Telltale style game out of and Borderlands doesn't at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
is claire actually a game worth playing through to the end?

i played it for a bit and yea it's spooky but is there something to it other than that?

cos i feel like the games it's inspired in are really good at making it worth your while to go through all the tedium of locked door and map checking shenanigans, but this one with its wonky controller support and really confusing 2d map turned me off pretty quick

I think Claire is, the labyrinth thing will be the hardest thing to accept, but it has some fun twists and turns, the map is a bit confusing and the levels are large, but some really creepy scenes, and I liked the ending I got quite a bit, and I liked how they handle side-quests in the game.

It's hard to talk about without giving specifics, but while the areas are large, they have rooms that stand-out.

KingKong

In my experience I am 5 times more likely to beat games when I buy them whenever once in ahilw instead of all at once during the steam sale

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Secret Ponchos -- MB-3E10B2D1714702D4 - Taken by bobnowhere
I didn't notice I won the code.

Everyone did :p
Oh, neat!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It was removed way before SteamDB was thing, maybe even before CDRDatabase (now defunct predecessor of SteamDB).

You're confusing CDR DB with CDR Parser. CDR DB was the first registry snooping site to pop up (and has no ties to SteamDB), but the the oldest reference to it I can find is dated October 2011 and the Sega Rally games were pulled around five years ago now (~September 2010), so you're right that they were yanked before such sites were a thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
wouldn't it be cool if in ass synd instead of having two lame twins it was just one crossdressing dude/girl playing as both

Now that LiS is over this is my next episodic game until the GoT finale comes

Codemasters doesn't understand how franchise bundles work. (Unless it's some weird regional thing.)

First Contradiction and now this? You're a good man, jshackles.

Follow his instructions, everyone. Tales From the Borderlands is a classic.

Best modern Resident Evil game
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-3D902A61025442CB - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 6 entrants total.

t1445574456z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is AC Rogue? I'm hearing it's a good AC game, but how is it compared to the usual AC fare?

It's quite literally Black Flag set in Colonial America. If you enjoyed Black Flag, then you'll enjoy Rogue, but if not, then it has nothing to offer.

Unity is definitely the better of the two games. I feel that, to a degree, it gets a bum rap due to its technical issues on the console side (it runs fine on the PC provided you have at least 3GB VRAM).

zkylon

zkylewd

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
wouldn't it be cool if in ass synd instead of having two lame twins it was just one crossdressing dude/girl playing as both

They actually made a point of saying this wasn't the case in the GB Quicklook for this. Which I thought was funny, since you always see the characters together and they really, really don't look like they could be the same person.

Is this such a common trope it needs to be addressed up front? I feel like I've missed something.

Deitus

In the Giant Bomb Quick Look, they were joking that it might be a Fight Club situation with the twins, which would be pretty amusing.

I actually almost kind of want to play this one. Not enough to buy it for full price, and I don't really want to play it on Uplay though, but maybe when it gets really cheap. It's been a few years since I've played a checklist set in a historic city that I can climb around, so I might be ready for another one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom