• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

my standards have to be really low, because I don't see any game in that bundle I wouldn't want to play, yeah even Rise of the Triad.

SSPssp

BS extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Malebolgia -- MB-72D5993A70B2706F - Taken by dave is ok
Rise of the Triad -- MB-0D9B52D92EA8CD42 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05

catabarez

Hey guys I'm back. The retro game collecting/RGB bug has gotten to me and my Steam collecting has suffered. I'm trying to balance it now!

Has anyone's Steam controller actually shipped yet? Not just a created label.

Hey guys I'm back. The retro game collecting/RGB bug has gotten to me and my Steam collecting has suffered. I'm trying to balance it now!

Has anyone's Steam controller actually shipped yet? Not just a created label.

Some people are saying the estimated arrival for them now is the 10th and 13th.

Knurek

That Bundle Stars bundle actually looks kind of disappointing to me, compared to some of their other Killer Bundles. The only game that immediately looks interesting to me is Malebolgia.

On one hand, three MP only games.
On the other, you wot m8? Contradiction, Runestone Keeper, Blues and Bullets, rFacotr or Quarries of Scred not good enough for you?

Actually I bought the bundle too myself so here's another Contradiction key:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Contradiction - Spot The Liar! -- MB-C57291B0A01A6DC7 - Taken by yoshizzle
8BitBoy -- MB-BDBAF1045EE0733A - Taken by shockdude

Have some games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

OTTTD -- MB-6D4C6919BAEC651B - Taken by S1n1st3r
Particulars -- MB-71445C9C3301F42D - Taken by SSPssp
Back to Bed -- MB-3AEBE0E9D398B285 - Taken by redlacs
Metrocide -- MB-ED2AF5598A2F9C86 - Taken by criesofthepast

On the other, you wot m8? Contradiction, Runestone Keeper, Blues and Bullets, rFacotr or Quarries of Scred not good enough for you?

Generally the appeal of Killer Bundles for me is getting a bunch of more well known games in one bundle. Malebolgia and Contradiction are the only games I'd heard of before.

Parsnip

OK Steam Snooper GAF. Reddit is saying that No Man's Sky's app just updated

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/3ns5nf/steam_database_updated/

What's it all mean?!

Could be nothing, could be something.
Probably nothing.

They still don't have a release date, would be kind of nuts if they were all like, okay it's done, we'll release it today!

It might be the same change as a lot of other apps got around the same time.
"Added community_hub_visible – 1"
But since the app is hidden to the public, eh.

I missed 2 contradiction keys.

One because of MGSV
One because of Twitter.

GV1DKZg.gif

You winners better play it soon!

EDIT: Wait, contradiction is in a bundle?

Hmm, modbot defaulted to the Free to play MOBA for Strife. I got the key because I thought it was something for Strife out of curiosity.

I'll play this FPS game mind you but, Modbot kind of baited me lol. Is it closer to Doom or another game?

decided to live dangerously and got the bundle. have some games i dont want/spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Town of Salem -- MB-049B9E387F36D2E7 - Taken by rainking187
rFactor -- MB-AC2F83B9E76953D4 - Taken by BernardoOne
Quarries of Scred -- MB-16B1C17E6D31E70E - Taken by L.O.R.D
Runestone Keeper -- MB-ED16A64362E84F21 - Taken by derExperte
Rise of the Triad -- MB-9087DDCCAB66D59D - Taken by Belgarion
Paperbound -- MB-8760E18EA490CD50 - Taken by madjoki
ChargeShot -- MB-032CBA39E673B7B8 - Taken by gurm3n

derExperte

my standards have to be really low, because I don't see any game in that bundle I wouldn't want to play, yeah even Rise of the Triad.

It's a good bundle with a diverse selection of games that have something unique to offer and it's far about the bundles filled with crap we usually get.

It's a good bundle with a diverse selection of games that have something unique to offer and it's far about the bundles filled with crap we usually get.

id argue that it's better than the last few months of humble's bundles, too, not counting that really good Telltale one they had recently on their store

The Metro games always suck me in like few other games do.
Atmosphere is just second to none, combined with the intensity of playing in ranger mode it's quite something.
I actually feel the need to step outside for fresh air and sunnlight after playing them.

S1n1st3r

Banned
So it says Planetary Annihilation: TITANS contains everything vanilla PA had.

What does that entail? Did vanilla have a single player campaign or just skirmish?

Does Titans add a campaign?

Monooboe

I said to myself... no more bundles... need to get that bundlestars! Cheap as I am I tried to VPN it to save one euro haha, of course amazon payment bugged out on me.XD

Arthea

I was being sarcastic, mostly because of our discussion earlier today that all good games sell, but your description is very apt, it is a great in variety and unique games bundle.

id argue that it's better than the last few months of humble's bundles, too, not counting that really good Telltale one they had recently on their store

agreed on this too

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Those sound more like country rock songs than game titles, to be honest. Well, not rFactor, that one sounds a bit alt-rock.

OK Steam Snooper GAF. Reddit is saying that No Man's Sky's app just updated

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/3ns5nf/steam_database_updated/

What's it all mean?!
I wish I could avoid reading about this game until the day it's out. It's painful to want to play it but not knowing when that will be...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn, GMG has a pretty great price on the Risen Franchise Pack. $6.16 after coupon 23PERC-AUTUMN-SAVING.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rise of the Triad -- MB-7F339B17113EAE14 - Taken by Lolcomin. 2 entrants total.
rFactor -- MB-8F44168796905312 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Quarries of Scred -- MB-2B0EF627CA4C27BD - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D8E47535C2C95F98 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 4 entrants total.
Blues and Bullets Episode 1 -- MB-28CB3650530DD7F1 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Paperbound -- MB-0FCE4E0E9542978F - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Malebolgia -- MB-9D70D1ACCB0E88F0 - Taken by RS4-. 4 entrants total.
ChargeShot -- MB-6BCE4E4C41B738CA - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.

t1444240314z1.png

Monooboe

Does anyone know where I might find an iso for Win 8 Pro? I only have a key for that and need to install it first to be able to upgrade to Win 10. I have Win 7 home installed but upgrading from it would only make me eligible for Win 10 home also_O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom