• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam |OT| Blessed By Gabeth

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
mse9t48evrk21.jpg

Welcome to the GAF Steam OT!

This is a Community thread for all things relating to Valve's Steam. Use this thread to discuss games you've played, sales, add new friends or ponder over the next game pick-up. Anything goes! (Gaben memes encouraged)

Rules:

There isn't many!

- Discuss Steam stuff obviously!
- Be civil. Let's keep the console hate out of here. We're all gamers here, none of that master race stuff!

giphy.gif

While you are here, be sure to check out the official NewGAF Steam Group and send in a membership request. The more the merrier. Please be patient as EviLore EviLore is the sole admin of that group.

GAF Steam ID's:

Below are the links to profiles of GAF users which you can add. I won't add anyone here without them approving first, so let me know if you want to be added. I'll add mine as an introduction.

There is an old Steam thread already but it always dies instantly. Anyway, this might be a good place to link the indie game overview thread I made at the other place.

Annoying when you want a game then check its price history to realize it was at a record low the last sale! Why couldn’t I have predicted I would suddenly have the urge to play the Spyro remasters a month ago. Is the summer sale the next sale? Maybe I’ll just buy it full price and accept feeling like an idiot.

Irobot82

Very nice!

God I’m old enough to remember how weird it was that I had to sign up for something called “steam” to play hl2 🤣

These days you even need to sign up for services for single player games (Ubisoft 😡)
I remember using steam in college, wasn't it just for finding servers orginally?

Guilty_AI

I remember first installing Steam to play Team Fortress 2. Didn't bought much on it until 2014-2015

I remember using steam in college, wasn't it just for finding servers orginally?
Yeah, seems it was mainly for CS source servers and anti-cheat.

Chinbo37

Im mostly a lurker on GAF but I am already a Member of the NewGAF Steam group.

Please also anyone add me to the OP and add me as a freind on Steam, I need more friends!

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090076194/

Steam, PC gaming and NeoGaf are all intertwined for me. When I wanted to get back into PC Gaming after years of being away thats how I found NeoGAF for the Build a PC thread. I used that to build my first gaming PC in more than 10 years and then I immediately downloaded Steam and bought Skyrim and Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Had my PC running to my 1080p Samsung and both games looked glorious at 60 fps.

Last edited:

Irobot82

I remember first installing Steam to play Team Fortress 2. Didn't bought much on it until 2014-2015

Yeah, seems it was mainly for CS source servers and anti-cheat.
Yeah I used to play CS and Day of Defeat all the time.

Back in the day you could edit the texture skins for the models in CS. So i made one blue with red circles over the chest and head. Another Green with yellow circles, then set the terrorists and anti's to one model each. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There is an old Steam thread already but it always dies instantly. Anyway, this might be a good place to link the indie game overview thread I made at the other place.

Why not create it here as well? Many of us don't have or don't want an account there.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Can't remember since when do I have my account. I think my first Steam game was Day of Defeat Source, and as a kid I had to ask my bro to purchase it for me.

I also purchased TF2, and all I got in return when it went F2P was a goddamn hat. :goog_relieved:

NewGaf membership awaiting approval. Handle is: General Titmouse
Same here, mine is GuiLLe21.

OrionNebula

Damn, you're a weird one. But we accept you, one of us.
To be honest, I’m just very, very ignorant of non-console (and multiplayer) gaming in general 🤷🏻 I really have no clue how it all works and where I would have to start (which sucks, because they have some crazy-ass games I’d really like to play)

But I like them game ost, though 😆

Kuranghi

Asking the important questions: What did you say the first time you saw the guy with the valve eye? I went "eugh".

Last edited:
An early access game similar to neverwinter nights (with a similar toolkit coming) is going to increase in price after a sale this month. Haven't personally tried but it's well reviewed and the rpg codex seems to like it.

PhoenixTank

Some new releases that look interesting.

This was actually one of my first few non-Valve purchases on Steam way way back when it was newish i.e. Orange Box days. I was pretty surprised to see it surface on Switch recently and get updated for Steam too. Very much a product of its time.

Glad to see Gaf's Steam presence get some life breathed into it too :)

.Pennywise

Banned
It would be cool to share tools that might be good to have for a better experience.

For example SteamGrid DB Manager is really good as it automatically adds cover art for games that don't have it (i.e old games or non-Steam games) and also adds your games from others apps.

It would be cool to share tools that might be good to have for a better experience.

For example SteamGrid DB Manager is really good as it automatically adds cover art for games that don't have it (i.e old games or non-Steam games) and also adds your games from others apps.
I didn't know that. I still have a few games without proper covers so thanks for that. Not sure if I want all my games on steam since I already have galaxy for that.

Always looking for peeps to play with. I've actually held back playing a bunch of games specifically because I don't have a group to play them with. So, if you're like me and are looking for someone chill to start playing a game with, or just want to fill out your team, hit me up anytime. Chances are I'd love to try the game you'd be inviting me to. I'm a quick learner at pretty much anything and used to play shooters competitively. Love me some RPG's though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Asking the important questions: What did you say the first time you saw the guy with the valve eye? I went "eugh".
Valve-eye guy? That's fine, it looks like a nice dude who had an accident while installing a toilet. Not bad.

The bald one with the valve on the back of it's head tho? Nightmare material.

Last edited:
Shin megami tensei 3 has a steam page. Atlus tax is back baby!

They also put easy mode, grind map, and dante in the deluxe version.

Top Bottom