• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Valve has lost it.

How do they get so many publishers to agree to such ridiculous sales? 756 Games under $10? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiittt

Trine is mine. I wish Serious Sam 2 HD was a few dollars less, but I might pick it up. My backlog is already years long...

Lumine

I see that the 4pack of bioshock 2 is also 50% off, which divided by 4 comes to slightly above 11 euro's.

So, any europeans want to buy a 4pack deal with me and perhaps 2 other gaffers? :)

vermadas

Awesome. Time to buy more games that I might never play :lol

Beat Hazard is $4.99. Might pick that up.

If Just Cause 2 or Plain Sight get discounted enough in the coming days I may grab those as well.

Just realized Risen still isn't back up on the NA store... SMH.

DirtRiver

ultron87 said:
Hmm... Mount and Blade: Warband for $15. . . That might just be worth the entertaining jank of that game.

I'll have to wait on a daily sale for that one.

I bet it will go on sale, that's why it isn't in my cart now.

Less than 7.50 euros would be the killer price for me for that game :D

I3rand0 said:
How much is the Square Enix pack and what games are included? (Can't view store on my mobile atm)

$74.99:

Includes 36 items: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, Hitman: Codename 47, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend, Project: Snowblind, Rogue Trooper, Infernal, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™, Conflict: Denied Ops, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, Battlestations Pacific, Just Cause 2, Yosumin!™, The Last Remnant™, Gyromancer, Order of War™, Order of War: Challenge, Mini Ninjas, Flora's Fruit Farm, Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Assault Rifle, Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic, Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft, Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, Just Cause 2 - Black Market Boom Pack DLC, Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, SEASON OF MYSTERY: The Cherry Blossom Murders, Supreme Commander 2

RedSwirl

Goddamnit Valve my wallet was NOT ready for this shit. Hopefully I can get paid from my new job before it ends.

The non-DRM version of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is mine for $7. So is Bioshock 2 for $15.

1-D_FTW

Screw it. The 1C package has a bunch of games I've been interested in and I don't own a single one. Bought once the Steam server settles down.

jersoc

I should just sign my pay checks over to Valve.

Dear lord.

edit:I too am wondering about the 1C pack. Armored princess looks kinda neat and it would be better to just pay 13 bucks more and get more games.

1C Complete Collection is 19.99

Worth it?

Contains 21 games:

Men of War: Red Tide, GM Rally, A Farewell to Dragons, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, Full Pipe, Men of War™, Death Track®: Resurrection, Cryostasis™, NecroVision, Death to Spies, King's Bounty: The Legend, Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, XIII Century – Gold Edition, A.I.M. Racing, 4x4 Hummer, Classic Car Racing, Streets of Moscow, NecrovisioN: Lost Company, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Star Wolves, Star Wolves 2

Kifimbo said:
RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3: Platinum = 10.19$ (66% off)

Firehead said:

Thanks guys.

That is a price I'm happy to pay, so let me start with the region-lock game-swap begging now - I'll happily buy any games up to £7.50 and straight swap.

Browsing store quickly, that includes;
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition preorder
Magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers
Tropico 3 steam special edition
DiRT 2 (for the next 20 odd hours anyway)

Plus probably a bunch more titles.

I'm happy to wait on people biting in case there's something particularly good as a daily deal too :D

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
Here's a more appropriate shark themed Mother of God picture.

[IMG ]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/B0onoo/sharkmog.jpg[/IMG]

I can't be the only one that sees it:

r0xf9l.jpg

Twig

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
1C Complete Collection is 19.99

Worth it?

Contains 21 games:

Men of War: Red Tide, GM Rally, A Farewell to Dragons, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, Full Pipe, Men of War™, Death Track®: Resurrection, Cryostasis™, NecroVision, Death to Spies, King's Bounty: The Legend, Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, XIII Century – Gold Edition, A.I.M. Racing, 4x4 Hummer, Classic Car Racing, Streets of Moscow, NecrovisioN: Lost Company, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Star Wolves, Star Wolves 2
As I said on the last page:
Twig said:
Yeah I saw that, and at first glance I was like fuck yes.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3081/

King's Bounty, Cryostasis, Men of War, Necrovisions (if only because http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/01/son_of_necrovision.php).

What about the rest in that package? Nothing else looks particularly compelling, except possibly A Farewell to Dragons, which looks like it might be one of those fun cheap-o action RPGs. But I'm not sure.
I know I definitely want the games I listed, and they add up to about 20, but the combination of possible better sales in the near or distant future and my enormous backlog are making me extremely hesitant.

I need someone to push me over the fence. U:

RedSwirl

Lyphen said:
I've learned my lesson and will only buy daily deals, but The Witcher is on my list.

Speaking of that I probably shouldn't wait for a Splinter Cell daily deal should I? I already own Chaos Theory but it's the disc version that comes with the StarForce (or whatever it's called) DRM. is that worth $7 now?

Won

This is somekind of sick joke by Valve, isn't it? I mean...seriously? Is stealing Christmas not enough?

What's that daily deal stuff ? I'm interrested in The Witcher (won't get any lower I guess) and Warband. Will warband price drop one unknown day ?

Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition $10.19

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23490/

JonStark said:
What's that daily deal stuff ? I'm interrested in The Witcher (won't get any lower I guess) and Warband. Will warband price drop one unknown day ?

The daily deals on the homepage are only good for one day. There will be a new set every day. The rest of the stuff on sale will be good through the end of the summer sale.

Usually the daily deals are better than the regular sale stuff.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
JonStark said:

The deals last 24 hours, then a new set of deals go up for 24 hours.

Twig

Banned
JonStark said:
Every day, different deals until it ends. If you wanna play it smart, just wait until the last day before you make any specific game purchases - just in case.

dani_dc

I probably won't be buying anything that's not on the "daily deal" until the last day unless it's really THAT low :lol

Feeling stupid for buying Witcher on last sales when my PC couldn't run it, didn't expect Steam to be doing another sale like this so soon :lol

Polk

JonStark said:
It won't be more expensive during sale so you just wait till July 3rd and see?

RedSwirl

crimsonheadGCN said:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Loyalty Promo is $13.39.

:O

That's not really that much off. Think they'll have a daily sale? I think I'm gonna wait till the end on that.

panda21

i hate the way it goes all weird when its being hammered.

pages just appear empty, US prices show up instead of UK.. i could briefly see settlers 7 even though it wasnt released on steam here, and i can still see silent hunter 5..

JADS

Lumine said:
I see that the 4pack of bioshock 2 is also 50% off, which divided by 4 comes to slightly above 11 euro's.

So, any europeans want to buy a 4pack deal with me and perhaps 2 other gaffers? :)

If this is still up count me in.

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Never heard of Necrovision until this thread. But those Tom Chick impressions sound pretty awesome.
Yeah, everything else I've heard makes it sound like a bad series, but his description makes me want to play it in much the same way I enjoy watching Sci-Fi Originals.

iam220

Mount and blade warband bought! Been waiting for it to go on sale and at 50% off I'll dip in. Also considering getting witcher EE. I have the standard edition on disk but will probably get it on steam for the convenience.

edit: ... bought.

Twig said:
Every day, different deals until it ends. If you wanna play it smart, just wait until the last day before you make any specific game purchases - just in case.

So, Warband will still be there till the 4th of july, but might drop some unknown day ? Did I understand right ? I guess I'll wait and check this daily then.

Top Bottom