• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another odd little similarity between TVEC and Murdered is that they both have words floating in the game space using handwritten fonts.

ss_a7e7253cad63718ba7e29a3c0ba1f0530060f516.1920x1080.jpg

Coincidence? I think
so.

Shadownet

Banned
That's true. Pre-Sequel looks identical to 2. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time it releases it had just one year in the proverbial oven.

And I always thought Randy was a nice guy. But the people at Gearbox is giving me bad impressions of them. All this Borderlands milking and not giving B1 and B2 loyal fans a better discount.

The_Monk

I talked with frost and he told me his reason. I understand where he its coming from. I told him it shouldn't bother him because he's a bigger man than that. But he told me he's not leaving for good. So we can only hope he'll post soon.

Oh I also talked to him and to others that have been here in the recent years but became more silent lately. Here's hoping for the community to always keep increasing by quality either way. Nothing beats that and it sure feels nice when everyone gets along and have fun. :)

Volimar

Wow, Borderlands is so rough on my eyes. The night into dawn mechanics make it nigh impossible to see.

And now I'm off to watch the disappearing Aaron Carter vids.

I just realized the main reason I'm so hyped to be getting so many Alien codes is because I wanted to give one to Corrosivefrost. But I just found out he already got his..

Goddamn it. I still owe him Rise of the Tomb Raider but it won't come out on PC any time soon. And he won't let me spend $60 and get him AC:Unity either.

Arghhh. The man is killing me here.

What am I going to do with all these codes now.

Nice keys btw. :p

Ozium

And I always thought Randy was a nice guy. But the people at Gearbox is giving me bad impressions of them. All this Borderlands milking and not giving B1 and B2 loyal fans a better discount.

Randy Pitchford stole money/time/resources from Aliens Colonial Marines for Borderlands and screwed over Sega.. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dr.-Who.gif

Edit: Anyone stocked up on codes? Any chance to get Alien for like 10$?

Shadownet will be giving away a bunch of Alien keys once AMD sends them out, but if you'd prefer to insure yourself against the possibility of losing then you can try your luck in the BST thread.

Shadownet

Banned
That game was good tho.
Can someone explain to me how bad was Alien Colonial Marines?..

I remember the E3 reveal was quite good. But then I heard it all went downhill from there.
---
Also apparently JaseC is doing advertisement for my giveaways now XD
---

I should have about a dozen Alien codes to give away.

But I am talking to this one seller who might be able to get me many more for dirt cheap. I just gotta wait till near the end of September. If I get anymore in. I'll make sure SteamGAF get first dibs.

who am I kidding. You guys are the only ones I give away games to. I don't belong in any other community :3

oipic

Creative Assembly look to have done a terrific job with Alien: Isolation, and one befitting of the franchise that I love so dearly, so while I'm rapt to see that many folks will get to play it now (or much sooner than they would have), I just hope Newegg's shenanigans don't impact eventual sales at all in the end. Probably a mere drop in the ocean, in any case.

Having said that, I'm guessing all concerned get their full cut in advance, and Sega would've been 'paid' for these codes up front (or will be, post-redemption?) by AMD, or some such arrangement?

In any case, well done to all who snared a great deal, and enjoy (and post about!) your games! :)

Seanspeed

Banned
That's true. Pre-Sequel looks identical to 2. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time it releases it had just one year in the proverbial oven.
The game may be using the exact same graphics engine, but its the content that takes a long time to make. And this is a full-fledged campaign in all-new environments with all-new character classes and skills. If this is comparable in size to Borderlands 2, then that's a lot of content to make and doing it all within a single year would seem pretty miraculous to me.

I can understand if somebody doesn't want to pay full price for this, but to demand a discount just because its using the same graphics engine is weird.

milena87

As I said above. I'm way too nice to even try doing that. I most likely will just cave and give away all my AMD codes if I even attempt to do that..

I might have to end up getting frost 2-3 indie games instead. Unless he decide to let me get him a AAA title. But most of the AAA games he want are locked.

Well, it's your choice of course :)

I don't think selling keys for like 5$ for a singular game would be taking advantage, though. The games cost a lot more right now.

Randy Pitchford stole money/time/resources from Aliens Colonial Marines for Borderlands and screwed over Sega.. :(

You know, I don't really care for Sega at this point, but what Gearbox did is truly deplorable. I liked Borderlands 1&2, but I don't think I'll buy their next games at this point. Not until the GOTY version is <5$.

mik7697

Neo Member
Guys i need your help i wanna buy a laptop and my budget is on 700- 800 euros so i opted for the lenovo z50-70 but i don't know if it's upgradable because in the future i don't wanna buy another one

Jawmuncher

I remember the E3 reveal was quite good. But then I heard it all went downhill from there.

It wasn't that good graphically but it was a good 90s era shooter much like Duke Nukem Forever. I liked both . But I'm in the minority there. They do their job as FPS games and let you shoot stuff. Which is all I wanted.

I played it about after the big patch and as a shooter, it wasnt that bad actually. Just felt more like a 90s shooter than a proper aliengame.

Shadownet will be giving away a bunch of Alien keys once AMD sends them out, but if you'd prefer to insure yourself against the possibility of losing then you can try your luck in the BST thread.

Gotta take a look, but the BST thread often seems like such a mess :(

JaseC

The game may be using the exact same graphics engine, but its the content that takes a long time to make. And this is a full-fledged campaign in all-new environments with all-new character classes and skills. If this is comparable in size to Borderlands 2, then that's a lot of content to make and doing it all within a single year would seem pretty miraculous to me.

I'm aware of how game development works. When I said it looks identical to Borderlands 2 I wasn't just referring to the UI and visual style. I don't mean to suggest that the game has no unique content, however.

I can understand if somebody doesn't want to pay full price for this, but to demand a discount just because its using the same graphics engine is weird.

By all means, please point out to me where I "demanded a discount" and also the part where I stated this should be the case because "it uses the same graphics engine".

Guys i need your help i wanna buy a laptop and my budget is on 700- 800 euros so i opted for the lenovo z50-70 but i don't know if it's upgradable because in the future i don't wanna buy another one

Laptops typically aren't upgradeable and Lenovo isn't a brand I would recommend.

Have you thought about going for a desktop? You can get a lot more bang for your buck and upgrade it as much as you want.

Shadownet

Banned
I played it about after the big patch and as a shooter, it wasnt that bad actually. Just felt more like a 90s shooter than a proper aliengame.

I never once play an Alien game before. Hopefully I can find a code for myself so I can try out Isolation. There won't be any co-op mode right? No online multiplayers mode either?

I hope Isolation turn out to be excellent. Otherwise I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed.

Edit: my most highly anticipated game will be the Witcher 3. Its going to be damn good. GOAT even.

:3 yeah I'm that confident in it.

mik7697

Neo Member
Laptops typically aren't upgradeable and Lenovo isn't a brand I would recommend.

Have you thought about going for a desktop? You can get a lot more bang for your buck and upgrade it as much as you want.

I need it for the university and in the meantime for a bit of gaming and my budget doesn't help too much

I think the Pre-Sequel looks more like an addon than a "full" game.

I still hate Gearbox because of their nonsensical DLC strategy...

I never once play an Alien game before. Hopefully I can find a code for myself so I can try out Isolation. There won't be any co-op mode right? No online multiplayers mode either?

I hope Isolation turn out to be excellent. Otherwise I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed.

I thought you got so many keys. Just use one for yourself, man ;)
I dont think it has a coop. Not sure about a multiplayer mode.

Also hope it turns out well. Have high expectations about the game.

Chariot

murf :(
Now that Titanfall gets a pilot only mode I am interested again. But the game isn't worth anything when people lose interest in it, which could happen fast after a small surge due the update or/and when they just shut the servers down. Which could also happen sooner than I would love. Man, why multiplayer only, gnarf.

Volimar

I watched TheRadBrad play through Aliens: CM on his youtube channel and it didn't look too bad. It was mostly forgettable though, and it retconned a couple of plot points that might tick diehard Alien fans off.

Okay, Ethan Carter looks spiffy. The scenery is really beautiful. Looking forward to trying it
when it gets a steep discount

What is the state of Alien Colonial Marines now with the latest patches? I have it in my Steam library but have never played the game (it cost me a euro). I played through Duke Nukem Forever and found some, but not much, fun in that game.

Shadownet

Banned

If you look at the new DLCs they have planned for the pre-sequel. They all sounds like rehash of Borderlands 2 DLCs.

I'm getting real tired of your shits Gearbox. -__- and I used to be a big fan too. They really gotta find a new franchise.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm aware of how game development works. When I said it looks identical to Borderlands 2 I wasn't just referring to the UI and visual style. I don't mean to suggest that the game has no unique content, however.
But its that unique content that takes so much time to make. A year really would be incredibly quick for a game the size of a Borderlands game.

By all means, please point out to me where I "demanded a discount" and also the part where I stated this should be the case because "it uses the same graphics engine".
Relax man. I was referring to Shadownet's comment about not offering a discount to BL1 and BL2 players.

Ozium

It wasn't that good graphically but it was a good 90s era shooter much like Duke Nukem Forever. I liked both . But I'm in the minority there. They do their job as FPS games and let you shoot stuff. Which is all I wanted.

so does Murder Miners...

Yup, absolutely. I said an hour ago that I think I'm a Borderlands fan, but the Pre-Sequel doesn't look appealing at all to me. I know I'll buy the GOTY edition one day, but three samey games in a row are too much for me.

On the other hand, that Telltale Borderlands game... That's so out of left field, I need to try it day one!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey guys thanks for flooding the B/S/T thread with requests too late. It's making me feel better about wasting a slot on Star Citizen a DLC ship instead of getting Sniper Elite 3. You're helping me appreciate the value of what I got instead of focusing on the misstep. You're aces.

i6mEWc61Nzq9p.gif

Huh? Why not? Everyone I know with a Lenovo is very happy with their purchase, I was thinking about buying one if/when my current MacBook dies.

They have a reputation for products that fall apart after a few weeks of use. The screens they put on their laptops are typically also cheap and ugly.

They do price competitively though, I'll give them that.

JaseC

Given the concept and the game's few changes it definitely strikes me as another SR4 situation (expansion pack gone full-price sequel [or in this case, "pre-sequel"]). I'm expecting there to be enough content to justify the $60 price tag from a dollars-per-hour perspective, but I won't be shocked if the game is shorter than Borderlands 2.

But its that unique content that takes so much time to make. A year really would be incredibly quick for a game the size of a Borderlands game.

Being set on Pandora's moon, I don't think the game world is going to be as big as 2 or even the original. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong!

Relax man. I was referring to Shadownet's comment about not offering a discount to BL1 and BL2 players.

I apologise for seeming hostile (and for the misunderstanding, apparently), but you made a claim and I was just asking you to back it up. ;)

Jawmuncher

murf :(
Now that Titanfall gets a pilot only mode I am interested again. But the game isn't worth anything when people lose interest in it, which could happen fast after a small surge due the update or/and when they just shut the servers down. Which could also happen sooner than I would love. Man, why multiplayer only, gnarf.

Didn't know about this. Was a fun game. Have it on Xbone but I wish I could play with SteamGAF . I'm too cheap for those expansions though.

these threads are so damn popular, I can't keep up.

missing shit

:/

Happens to the best of us.

If you look at the new DLCs they have planned for the pre-sequel. They all sounds like rehash of Borderlands 2 DLCs.

I'm getting real tired of your shits Gearbox. -__- and I used to be a big fan too. They really gotta find a new franchise.

I just think their DLC-strategy is horrible.
I mean charging for a mere level-cap raise?
10&#8364; for one character?
Still locking the cosmetic items in a full-price game behind a paywall?

Given the concept and the game's few changes it definitely strikes me as another SR4 situation (expansion pack gone full-price sequel [or in this case, "pre-sequel"]). I'm expecting there to be enough content to justify the $60 price tag from a dollars-per-hour perspective, but I won't be shocked if the game is shorter than Borderlands 2.

I also wonder how long they can still "rehash" the same old gameplay till players get bored by that. I still have 2 DLCs for Borderlands 2 that I havent played and somehow I dont wanna play them because I feel bored thanks to the gameplay already.

Edit: my most highly anticipated game will be the Witcher 3. Its going to be damn good. GOAT even.

:3 yeah I'm that confident in it.

I think you are setting yourself up for some sad times ;)

Maybe The Witcher 3 will be good. 2 fizzled out badly for me but you can only assume they have more budget this time.

Aliens isolation is going to be bad. Not colonial marines bad (Stump did an excellent and lengthy write up about it if you can dig it up), but I think it will be short, basic and completely underwhelming.

Just try to look surprised.

But its that unique content that takes so much time to make.

Correct. Making the new title screens for each Borderlands game takes time.

Shadownet

Banned

I'm sorry if u offended you with my post. I guess I'm just bitter about how Gearbox and 2K run their business now. I thought a 25% discount if you own both Borderlands 1 and 2 might be something good for loyal fans you know?

Or a limited time 50% off the season pass if you have B1 & B2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom