• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

The RU sub is still region-free and in fact has never been region-locked despite CDPR playing with ACRTAG.

But the sub is unique to RU. Which means if they decide to, they could retro lock all people who bought it after the sub was changed. Not saying it's likely, but there is a possibility. And it's alot safer to just wait for release then.

Jawmuncher

gageassaultpack.png

lol.

Everything is funny when they make fun of BF3/4

I hated that art so much for both .

Im still shocked that HuniePop is a Hentai game. After reading trough their Kickstarter Website i thought it would just be a Dating Sim.

Edit: Okay... i should have known better. They are offering tissues as Pledge Reward.

The RU sub is still region-free and in fact has never been region-locked despite CDPR playing with ACRTAG.
So I can still get the game for like 18$ or so like it happened last month?
If it's about notebook graphics, that image is really a perfect representation.

Of which, I have no choice but to pay them graphics overlords a hefty ransom for such shitty products. I am often assigned to the provinces / other regions so I have no choice but to deal with the underpowered notebook cards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But the sub is unique to RU. Which means if they decide to, they could retro lock all people who bought it after the sub was changed. Not saying it's likely, but there is a possibility. And it's alot safer to just wait for release then.

The few cases of this happening were later reversed precisely because the move affected people who'd genuinely received the game as a gift. Worrying about it is like worrying about being hit by a car when walking around the block. ;)

So I can still get the game for like 18$ or so like it happened last month?

Yes.

JaseC

oh well just saying the steam version won't be explicit i think?

i wouldn't mind hentai games on steam, ppl have needs and i can relate to those needs a lot more than train simulator games needs

You're so close-minded.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't that good graphically but it was a good 90s era shooter much like Duke Nukem Forever. I liked both . But I'm in the minority there. They do their job as FPS games and let you shoot stuff. Which is all I wanted.
In my opinion, the biggest flaw with DNF was not being a 90's shooter enough. It had many modern things that made the experience worse, like regenerating health, weapons limit (only two at first, but I think it was upped to four later on) and arena-like sections (you are enclosed in an area and forced to kill every enemy before you are allowed to continue). It was very different from the Duke3D I grew up with.

That said, I still enjoyed the game. After all, Duke is still the king.

Knurek

Little bit OT, but you guys have no idea how glad I am that the 3DS encryption has been (partially so far) circumvented.

It gives a slight bit of hope that we will see a working 3DS emulator down the line, something very much needed due to the way Nintendo designed the system (BIOS flash chips will die sooner or later, same as with NDS systems), and the fact that the system hosts a significant number of exclusive games.

Yay for preservation!
No emulators at the time of this writing, just to be 100% clear on the subject. The cart contents can be decrypted though, and as such there's a certain number of music rips from the system floating around

The_Monk

Great. Missed out on the Newegg AMD voucher thing.
Sleeping sucks.

If I had one of those AMD vouchers I would not redeem it myself and give it to you instead for the good work posting some nice deals in this thread and for being a good GAFfer.

I also missed it, HNNG. :/

JaseC

In my opinion, the biggest flaw with DNF was not being a 90's shooter enough. It had many modern things that made the experience worse, like regenerating health, weapons limit (only two at first, but I think it was upped to four later on) and arena-like sections (you are enclosed in an area and forced to kill every enemy before you are allowed to continue). It was very different from the Duke3D I grew up with.

That said, I still enjoyed the game. After all, Duke is still the king.

Mashing space to open the doors is the best part of the game!

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :p

i dunno every game that requires "special accessories" for maximum experience just turns me off entirely

one of the reasons i don't like fighting or spaceship games

i used to love doing like "free drive" thing in driver 1 and just like wait for traffic lights and shit tho

so there's some hope for me

Almost done pre-loading DR3. Can't fucking wait. That and Ryse (yes, Ryse) was actually my top reasons to buy an Xbone at release and now DR3 is just a couple of days from being played in 1080p with 60 FPS and Ryse is coming later this year.
A sorry state of affairs for the X-Bone if its only compelling games are a "cinematic" QTE-fest and an insultingly watered down Dead Rising.

What I wouldn't give for DR1 to be released on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom