• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

really annoys me about the stomping land dev, gives a bad name to early access.. I've found myself playing a lot of early access titles that have really good dev support but something like this happens and we have people screaming that "EA is ruining steam" etc.

one bad apple I suppose..

I've been meaning to post some EA game impressions along w/ a comment about how the devs for each game are conducting themselves in case ppl ar on the fence about certain titles...

soon..

also at 490 games on my profile..

soon

Mokoi

Banned
So, uh, dropped this:

CS:GO eSports 2014 Summer Case

It's selling starting from 0.26€ (0.34$).
Sell or open?

Sell sell sell or else be met with disappointment after just getting a shitty skin.

Oh yeah dude. Then some random dude who like just out of the blue decides to open a single cs:go crate and then gets a full fade knife. I hate the uncrating system.

So yeah man If memory serves me right I got another case drop. I shall be opening it.

DocSeuss

PC gaming wiki has some info on that IIRC.

The first two options don't work for me (possibly because I lost the cd, so I've been no-cding it).

Gonna try hex editing.

I haven't played the PC version in ages. But I don't remember disliking the FOV much, which is odd. This might be what you're looking for though.

It wasn't bad when it was square, but in widescreen, I think they actually chopped off the top and bottom. WSGF's link doesn't work.

Turfster

Oh come on, it's not THAT bad. 5$ is a good deal for what you get I'd say.

Nope, sorry.

God damn, Residue.
Not only do you have to walk at a snail's pace as the old guy, you also need to constantly go back to the stupid irritating kid and do things for him.

AHA-Lambda

Eh, I played Jedi Academy for the first time recently, can't say it holds up that well, combat and AI are very simplistic =/

It was decent but I wouldn't rush to recommend it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -- MB-1DB0D3196F9EC493 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-33F2B46A2F373B79 - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.
Well I guess you can tell from this that Syberia is only the first half of the story. The second half is not as strong, IMHO, but still well worth your time. Definitely a more bleak tone than the first. Ends on the perfect note. Really great imagination.
Scratches: Director's Cut -- MB-BE2C876B17924ABC - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Still Life -- MB-E4F8FDE401EF3820 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-1811E10987F34D29 - Taken by rostocker. 1 entrants total.
The first half of a truly excellent adventure game, featuring an imaginative plot, great settings, reasonable puzzles, and a well-written well-acted real-feeling female protagonist. I highly recommend this game.

t1409680601z1.png

Khronico

Just got one of those AMD codes and got Payday 2, Sniper Elite 3, and Alien Isolation. Guess I'll be playing Alien when it comes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
This game is hard, might set it to easy, getting my ass kicked on normal.

it's not that hard but there's a few things to get the hang around

i didn't find hard to be overly challenging but i recommend you keep a semi-steady roster and try to share the kill credits so exp goes to other party members than the few good ones that murder everyone by themselves

Vuze

Nope, sorry.
4MqDTQZ.gif

Btw, do we know anything about Sleeping Dogs Definitive upgrade program etc. yet? I just had a look at a release list for next moth and it's already coming out on the 10th so you'd think they will announce something soon if they haven't yet.

rtcn63

I'm tempted to buy a gold reward (if there are any left from resellers), but the only game I want is Alien Isolation. And there's no promise that it will even be good.

EDIT: And you only have option for a Star Citizen ship, correct? Not the game itself.

I'm tempted to buy a gold reward (if there are any left from resellers), but the only game I want is Alien Isolation. And there's no promise that it will even be good.

EDIT: And you only have option for a Star Citizen ship, correct? Not the game itself.

it seems vague at this point, but the fine print certainly makes it seem that way.

DocSeuss

http://blog.haloanticheat.com/

thats what i use. ever since the 1.10 patch bungie put out

I tried it. It killed the game with a 998 error, which isn't in the stuff I had... but I also don't think I knew there was a 1.10 patch. I thought the latest was 1.09!

Just hex edited everything, and it's better, but I'd like to widen it up a bit more, and don't actually know how to change the hex to something wider.

madjoki

What is included for the Star Citizen Game Offer?

The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer by Accelerated Mass Design! Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module “Arena Commander” and the “Murray Cup Race Series”. 2

2) The Star Citizen Mustang Variant Racer release date has been communicated as October 1, 2014, but Gamers can choose it now and receive their offer code on release date. Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module “Arena Commander” and the “Murray Cup Race Series”. The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer can also be used to play Star Citizen (the full game) but additional fees may apply. For more information, visit https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/never-settle.aspx

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Whispering Willows -- MB-6BE2FA1C9C620C70 - Taken by xeris. 9 entrants total.
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-0D09CED88EDE9193 - Taken by lukiluk. 3 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-2E3BA6E5B7304C7B - Taken by deadflower81
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-9220BB8CAA06E900 - Taken by madjoki
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-144CB706240826F0 - Taken by anastef
Betrayer -- MB-BC844303B0022487 - Taken by Saty. 19 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-11463A7B7120F81E - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Bloodrayne 2 (GOG) -- MB-186E13047095FD87 - Taken by Kirosia
Level 22, Gary's Misadventures -- MB-9BBCB8226C91E846 - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-805D3E908DACA43A - Taken by ReduxMachine. 9 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-707C9DD86BDA0952 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 3 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-6CB87014F21FA1BB - Taken by JustLynx
8BitBoy -- MB-A61AC32D2CC29892 - Taken by GaussTek. 4 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-115541C9D7AFAF90 - Taken by Sub Zero
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-0D05614783E39DE6 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 12 entrants total.

t1409691401z1.png

sorry for bundle shit btw

JustLynx

What is included for the Star Citizen Game Offer?

The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer by Accelerated Mass Design! Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module “Arena Commander” and the “Murray Cup Race Series”. 2

2) The Star Citizen Mustang Variant Racer release date has been communicated as October 1, 2014, but Gamers can choose it now and receive their offer code on release date. Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module “Arena Commander” and the “Murray Cup Race Series”. The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer can also be used to play Star Citizen (the full game) but additional fees may apply. For more information, visit https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/never-settle.aspx

what are the additional fees?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's no promise that any unreleased game will be good. ;)

iosefe

I tried it. It killed the game with a 998 error, which isn't in the stuff I had... but I also don't think I knew there was a 1.10 patch. I thought the latest was 1.09!

Just hex edited everything, and it's better, but I'd like to widen it up a bit more, and don't actually know how to change the hex to something wider.

update to 1.10, and try again

Benedict

Smart people could get Monster Loves You for "free". Buy a 3-pack for 2 keys and sell the two spares for 1 key each.

Me, I can't be bothered...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-6390A2E549A6F257 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Murder Miners -- MB-C3A72BF648AFBCAF - Taken by Patison. 2 entrants total.

t1409683241z1.png
More freebies.

Nabs

It looks like Rockstar is doing something with San Andreas.

Changed Depots
12121/manifests/beta: 4724889147718564839
12122/manifests/beta: 8190071530312463009
12123/manifests/beta: 3229936372288409207
12124/manifests/beta: 3087484936389618272
branches/beta/buildid: 371179
branches/beta/description:

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Porcupine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syberia 2 -- MB-E3D2B8A539B20249 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Still Life 2 -- MB-0E3FE7D0985E0016 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Still Life -- MB-9264C4F4E0D3A939 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-8FEC0B11499D3972 - Taken by wagamer. 4 entrants total.

t1409686240z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom