• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

A little google search told me that it would be ultimately useless as the re-locked achievements wouldn't be unlockable again the regular way. So much for starting again fresh...

Not really, if you nuke your stats and savefile on the game, it will be fresh. It works for me.

Li Kao

If I buy Skyrim legendary edition will it add a game in my steam library or just add the dlc I am missing now ? Because yeah, really cheaper to buy the full version of a game than just some dlc... clowns.

Adnor

Banned
Dying Light

Someday I'll play that expansion.

Salsaaaaaa

EDIT: I've been playing some Arkham Knight and I'm really, really dissapointed with
the reveal of who the Arkham Knight is. Didn't Rocksteady swear it was a completely new character? Everyone knew it was going to be Jason Todd, EVERYONE, why didn't they just call him Red Hood since the beginning? And the revelation of who he was makes Bruce look dumb as hell.

Also the fight against the drill suuuuuuucks

Vlad

After 77 hours, I think I've finally finished what I'm going to with Crypt of the Necrodancer.

By that I mean that I've finished the game with what are considered the three "story" characters, and have seen the final ending.

So all in all, I'd say that it's a really good game, but not without its flaws.

First, as you can see from my uncertainty at having "finished" the game, it doesn't do a great job at telling you what the actual intended way to play the game is. From the main lobby, you can access any of the four zones directly, play through all four in sequence, or play through a mode with all three of the story-related characters in a row.

All of these trigger the various cutscenes and endings, so which is the "right" way? Maybe there isn't one, and while I have no problems going through all four zones in a row with the first two story characters, doing that with the third one (who
dies in a single hit, dies if you do something off-beat, dies if you let a beat pass without doing anything, and can't use any weapon but the standard dagger
) does not sound fun.

However, as annoying as that last character sounds on paper, I actually really enjoyed the challenge of playing as her through the last four zones individually. The game does a great job of mixing up that final playthrough by having you
play the zones in reverse order, with enemies from the zones you've cleared showing up in the current one as you go, making for a total mess in the final zone
. Despite all this character's drawbacks, there's still some benefits. The item drop pool is rebalanced so you don't get items that are totally useless (something that Binding of Isaac could really learn from). This means that you have a really good chance of getting lots of damage up items and items that protect you from a single hit, drastically improving your chances.

It's also about the time you get to this character that you really have a good feel for the enemy patterns, and that's a good thing, since the small margin of error means that you need to be able to clear a room without having the time to think about your next move and without making any mistakes. Being in a hopelessly dire situation and managing to fight your way out, one beat at a time, is incredibly satisfying, especially when you find that the enemy attack patterns are so ingrained that you've done it all just on reflex.

My other big issue with the game is how many of its rogulike elements aren't very well balanced to the point of being useless. Mainly it comes from the shrines scattered around. Now, I get that they were aiming for something where you can gamble by giving yourself a benefit while balancing things out by increasing the difficulty in another area, but I found that for the most part, the shrines ended up being useless. There's one that gives you a shovel, but makes the levels much larger. You start with a shovel, and while there are better ones, they're nowhere near useful enough to be worth the increased enemy count that comes with a longer level.

I'd still highly recommend the game, though. Aside from a couple minor nitpicks, it's still really fun, and DannyB continues his streak of excellent soundtracks.

Nzyme32

Game that looks like a good mobile game has low system requirements. Shocking!

Looks far far better than a mobile game if you ask me. I really don't get the crying that has been going on about it. Seeing it in motion and how clear it is to understand during play at further distance, is excellent. Personally I would prefer less saturation in certain lighting, but that's the only complaint I have regarding its looks

Someday I'll play that expansion.

Salsaaaaaa

EDIT: I've been playing some Arkham Knight and I'm really, really dissapointed with
the reveal of who the Arkham Knight is. Didn't Rocksteady swear it was a completely new character? Everyone knew it was going to be Jason Todd, EVERYONE, why didn't they just call him Red Hood since the beginning? And the revelation of who he was makes Bruce look dumb as hell.

Also the fight against the drill suuuuuuucks

Absolutely my most disappointing game of all time. The reveal does make Batman look like a god damn idiot since everyone could figure out who the AK was. The game overall was severely underwhelming to me which sucks, AA was one of my favourite games of all time but it's just been constantly downhill from there tbh.

Knurek

Best puzzle game is finally out on Steam:

Yes, Arthea, DROD is better than Picross, Spacechem, Lyne and Letter Quest combined

300 achievements, represent!

Also gj, Volvo.
Game has one pre-release review. Positive at that. What does the new implementation of review scoring show? Negative, 0% of the 1 user reviews are positive.

Looks far far better than a mobile game if you ask me. I really don't get the crying that has been going on about it. Seeing it in motion and how clear it is to understand during play at further distance, is excellent. Personally I would prefer less saturation in certain lighting, but that's the only complaint I have regarding its looks
The game also has a wide ranging potential user base that includes people with lower PCs so it really isn't all that surprising either.

Hektor

I'm not aware of the details, but there are simple ways to tell a program to ignore cores within Windows itself.

Thing is, I simply won't turn off 2 cores.

I must be missing some posts between this

652x305ximage189.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.tZPBjn3PD6.png

652x305ximage190.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.c-7jM2We1P.png

Adnor

Banned
Absolutely my most disappointing game of all time. The reveal does make Batman look like a god damn idiot since everyone could figure out who the AK was. The game overall was severely underwhelming to me which sucks, AA was one of my favourite games of all time but it's just been constantly downhill from there tbh.

At least the characterization of the Arkham Knight is good. I mean, AK is as whiny as
Red Hood
is in the comics.

Jawmuncher

Capcom talks about how they intend to dig up some of their old IPs and either reboot or re-imagine them. I'm putting this here since the later parts of this make it clear this is a split idea between both console and mobile

Dino Crisis Confirmed

Kiru

I remember that Scarface: The World is Yours was developed to only run on single core CPUs. Also had to deactivate cores. Fun stuff.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dark Souls III is ~$34 USD on Nuuvem if anyone is looking to bite. It's $56 to get the game + season pass there as well.

Homefront the Revolution is about $13.50, or $16.50 with season pass.

Man I was really hoping for a great DSIII season pass steal before the DLC came out but its looking like i'll be paying near full price.

Knurek

Ooh, thanks. Almost got the other one. By the way. Looking at the file. There's an updater, and the program. Do I have to run the updater every time I want to update ds4windows?

You can set the program to automatically check for updates.
Alternatively, just download the latest build from GitHub and replace the files manually.
Up to you.
(Updates are infrequent as it is, so not really much of an issue)

Sch1sm

Where's that hidden hand that regulates a free market?

It's invisible, duh.

------

SteamGAF, how do you feel about the game Journey? I just completed it, and I don't feel strongly in either direction, but I want to hear more from people who really enjoyed it. Maybe you see something I don't.

Nabs

Ooh, thanks. Almost got the other one. By the way. Looking at the file. There's an updater, and the program. Do I have to run the updater every time I want to update ds4windows?

Since the question has been answered, I'll give you a small tip that'll save you some trouble in the future:

Go into the settings tab and check "Hide DS4" to remove the dinput controller from being recognized by some games. It'll prevent some games from having double inputs.

FC: Primal is 67% off on PSN EU, but I want the PC-version.

Dammit, Ubi.

Good thing I got mine for 98% off. 💰

Saty

Should i be getting ~50 CPU usage watching Flash videos in Firefox? I installed my new 1070 today and i'm wondering perhaps the latest GeForce drivers are broked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom