• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

You can't fix low res 2D assets or 30fps locks or 1080p resolution locks and many other things with better hardware.
Can't fix broken/missing effects with better hardware too (Atelier Firis).

Well the problem here Durante is the following:
Would you rather have a shitty one, that will in any case be fixed going forward by better hardware (even if it's a bad solution) rather than never getting one ?

Because on the current SEGA trend... it's more like a case of "never" rather than a "maybe".

But yeah, should've been like Bamco. Also, MH World coming January 2018, shiiiit. I hope it's day and date PC. Although I'm not too hopeful.
I don't want either of them. I would gladly get PC releases that are a few weeks or even a few months late if it meant a better quality release (as long as those delays aren't a lie to implement Denuvo, isn't that right, SEGA?...)

KT, I really wish their PC versions would get some more time in the oven, though, if their future releases are decent enough like Warriors All Stars apparently is, then that'll be good enough, I think.

SEGA, it's nice that they're bringing their back catalog to PC, even if it's at such a sluggish pace (would be nice if some other JP publishers would bring some of their older games too, together with new ones of course), but, they really should be bringing their new games to PC as well, within at least half an year. I think this would be good enough taking into consideration that currently we got no new console games on PC other than Sonic...

Bandai Namco, they're kinda dropping the ball lately. Naruto Storm 1 and 2, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Accel World vs Sword Art Online, all of these released recently with pretty much no fanfare, plus there's reports of the SAO game having performance problems for some people (like drops to 30s with a GTX 1060, but then there's others with similar hardware with no issues, so I have no idea what's going on with this one).

Monster Hunter World wise, wasn't it already said back at E3 that the PC version would come at a later date?

gelf

Bundle leftovers:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky -- MB-C8EE577789BF0FC6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-565501368F1CB3FD - Taken by sid2vicious. 1 entrants total.

t1505813134z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where mah CCG boy at? Wok hows Hand of the Gods looking?

prudislav

ok not bad for TGS so far :-D
Front Mission spiritual successor Steam announced right away and Zone of Enders 2 Remaster coming too

I would strongly recommend anyone that still has this to uninstall it immediately and (optionally) report it to Google. Normally I try to stay quiet about SIH since it's technically an Enhanced Steam competitor on the Google web store and I don't want people to think that I'm trying to drag their name through the mud just to get more eyeballs on ES or draw negative attention to their code to paint mine in a positive light.

But fuck me, I can't stay quiet about this update and what it represents to the end users. TL;DR = this update tracks all of your online activity and sends the data back to SIH's servers for unknown reasons. Their privacy policy was updated to accommodate this sort of data exfiltration, and continuing to use the software means you agree to share the entirety of your browsing activity with SIH and it's parent company CSGOFast.

The developer of Steam Inventory Helper responded and is going remove it today:

We are sorry that this case was so painful to you and we don't want to get our users feel uncomfortable. The biggest % amount of this permissions reason was to upgrade our services to understand how users are using SIH and to improve its work in the future, to know the countries from where you are visiting us to get more languages, to get the active users statistics, because google don't provide that info correctly. The service that should help us with this data was SimilarWeb. To make it all clear.

We have understood the possible risks of losing you, guys, and we are not going to force that anymore. We are taking down the current version and uploading the version without this script and permissions to the store in the following 2 or 3 hours.

We are asking you to not flood Chrome Store reviews with 1 stars and bad words. We get the point of our mistakes. This thing will never happen again. Please do not unsubscribe from us. There is a lot of cool features coming soon (the ones that I noted in the announcements in Steam will be developed for sure)

Regards,
George (Rockie)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Hand of the Gods needs a seperate account?

*uninstalls

That's a really weak response.

We spied on you because we really needed the information! Seriously guys! Don't be angry at us because it's everyone else's fault.
p.s. pls download again we need ur info support

Like, I haven't used it, but a different add-on I trusted pulled a similar backstab (Web of Truth) and I'd say it's never worth trusting them again. There's no coming back from that kind of willful breach of privacy. Whatever alternatives are out there have to be better.

People asking for years for MGS Legacy PC port and Konami gives us ZOE2.
Maybe they're testing the waters before porting those old forgotten series on PC? It's not like MGSV sold over 1 million on Steam, they have better market for that kind of game, and that market called Nvidia Shield.

Honestly, about ZOE and MGS, it just feels like external companies asked Konami to make it happen. Nvidia for MGS2/3 HD on Shield TV and CyGames for ZOE2 on PC/PS4. Otherwise, Konami wouldn't have bothered.

Hektor

Honestly, about ZOE and MGS, it just feels like external companies asked Konami to make it happen. Nvidia for MGS2/3 HD on Shield TV and CyGames for ZOE2 on PC/PS4. Otherwise, Konami wouldn't have bothered.

Maybe Ghostlight should bother them for MGS1 and MGSHD

Durante

Yeah, it feels like that.

I could imagine some of the CyGame founders just being old ZOE fans and wanting to play it in VR. And they have the money to make it happen.

Wow, Square Enix japan's new game was immediately announced for PC without any coyness? Where's the catch
They won't talk about it any more until launch, and then they'll never patch it.

Ludens

Banned
Eh, you know what ? You might be super right here and that's something that might be worth a try.

Since you are here, try to go for the full package, asking also for 3 and Peace Walker. I think asking for 4 is useless, but the old HD Collection is already on 360 so there should be no problem on porting it elsewhere.

Yeah, it feels like that.

I could imagine some of the CyGame founders just being old ZOE fans and wanting to play it in VR. And they have the money to make it happen.

They won't talk about it any more until launch, and then they'll never patch it.

That's my take as well. CyGames just seems to be fans of video games who happened to made a lot of money and now are trying to make things they love happen.

Ludens

Banned
Umh, I looked at Cygame site and I can't recognize any of their titles, so I suppose it's not a big software house...maybe those Konami licenses are cheap to get? Dunno, I may be wrong and CyGame is a colossus in Japan or something like that.

Durante

Umh, I looked at Cygame site and I can't recognize any of their titles, so I suppose it's not a big software house...maybe those Konami licenses are cheap to get? Dunno, I may be wrong and CyGame is a colossus in Japan or something like that.

Cygames have one of the biggest Gacha successes. They are richer than god. (And we're talking supply-side Jesus here, none of that camel shit)

Deques

I have been using Gameplay Time Tracker to track my play times a few days now. It seems to work great, but I have noticed that it doesn't recognize some games, thus I have to manually add them myself. Last game I found that it did not detect was Rogue Legacy.
Does this software use some kind of database to detect games? How does it detect games?

Unai

Well the problem here Durante is the following:
Would you rather have a shitty one, that will in any case be fixed going forward by better hardware (even if it's a bad solution) rather than never getting one ?

Because on the current SEGA trend... it's more like a case of "never" rather than a "maybe".

But yeah, should've been like Bamco. Also, MH World coming January 2018, shiiiit. I hope it's day and date PC. Although I'm not too hopeful.

Unless something changed, the PC version was announced as coming after the console versions.

I have been using Gameplay Time Tracker to track my play times a few days now. It seems to work great, but I have noticed that it doesn't recognize some games, thus I have to manually add them myself. Last game I found that it did not detect was Rogue Legacy.
Does this software use some kind of database to detect games? How does it detect games?
Were you playing in windowed/borderless mode?

I think that by default it only detects games that run in exclusive fullscreen .

Deques

Were you playing in windowed/borderless mode?

I think that by default it only detects games that run in exclusive fullscreen .

Rogue Legacy was set to play in fullscreen. The other game that didn't detect was Poi, it was also set to fullscreen.

It's not really a big deal, I can manually enter the games to detect. But it would be great if I didn't have to do that.

Ascheroth

This is how much money Cygames has:
They make a gazilllion dollars every year from mobile stuff and can't spend it enough so they have been aggressively expanding. They opened a console development studio in Osaka to focus on PS4 titles a while back, they are funding Platinum Games stuff, they are funding Matsuno, they are bankrolling anime, and they even opened their own anime studio last year and the first original project out of that is the upcoming Blade Runner 2022 short film directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. They are also sponsoring Juventus FC now.

If Cygames are going to be buddy-buddy with Konami, I wouldn't mind them having a business relationship together where Cygames foots the bill for new Konami entries. Heck, buy the Hudson Soft brand from them... I'm sure Cygames will put that to better use than Konami has ever used it for.

I have bought 3 tecmo koei games over the years and refunded them all within an hr, its better to have no port than a stuttery janky mess like most of their ports, Arslan was especially horrific tbh. Its sad but i just ended up buying them on ps4 where they atleast run better than the pc version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom