• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas,

I've seen others do it, but wanted to ask if it was cool if I posted my impressions (blog/youtube) on here.

If you copy/pasted your game impressions blog content, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I'd read it, certainly, but if you linked your blog or youtube, there's a 99% chance I wouldn't click it.

Li Kao

Ok, I'm addicted to Payday 1. Now to try L4D2, CS Go, Speedrunners and whatever else you young ones are playing these days. Also, I've always found the amount of gore quite repulsive, but now that I tasted the forbidden fruit of multiplayer shooters, is Killing Zone as good as its reputation ?

Dr Dogg

Right then this is getting a bit silly now. I don't know if I'm being stupid or what but I'm having a real hard time executing Captains in Mordor. So I'm out roaming around when I bump into this lovable chap.
1024x576.resizedimage
Now I took that as a challenge and toppled him over easy peasy to the green skull status but messed up the X+A finished and did the Wraith blast thing and killed him accidentally. D'oh!

Not to worry though as 5 mins later...
WooHoo! Ushgol's back. So same thing again, I whittle his health down but went and grabbed him this time and went the interrogation route. But sadly it ended like this.
Now I know the git is going to come back again! So then peeps what's the best way for removing Captains heads from their shoulders?

derExperte

Ok, I'm addicted to Payday 1. Now to try L4D2, CS Go, Speedrunners and whatever else you young ones are playing these days. Also, I've always found the amount of gore quite repulsive, but now that I tasted the forbidden fruit of multiplayer shooters, is Killing Zone as good as its reputation ?

If you need help in Payday 1....

And yes, KF is at least as good as everyone is saying.

There's a great TR in there somewhere. Controls are snappy and precise, climbing works flawlessly but the level design lets the core gameplay down. I hope they build on what they've got and go back to the roots with the levels (big tombs pls) while dialing back the shooting.

To TR2013's credit, it actually has a few puzzles in there, and while they're relatively easy, it's still doing a thing better than Uncharted.

iosefe

Payday 2

Li Kao

If you need help in Payday 1....

And yes, KF is at least as good as everyone is saying.

Hey that would be nice of you to lend your help ! In fact I have the hardest of times on the mission directly before the last one, 'Undercover' IIRC. But I'm working on my levels at the moment, while in ghost mode I have seen high level players take ungodly amount of damage before being endangered. I think the game is not so subtly telling me to grind.

Hey guys, is there anyone that uses this software http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming ?
It's to play games in borderless windowed mode. I'm curious to try it because I noticed that some games that have stutter problems actually work well when in borderless windowed mode.
For example in kingdom of amalur moving the camera with the mouse cause stuttering, but when playing it in borderless windowed mode there's no more stuttering.
Skyrim had stuttering --> windowed mode --> fixed.
In RE:6 I have stuttering when using the scope of the sniper rifle. I tried setting it windowed (there's no native borderless option) and the stuttering was gone.
Now I'm curious to try this software to force borderless window on Rainbow Six New Vegas 2, since it has stuttering when moving the camera, but I wanna know first if someone have tried it.

Ryne

I broke my videocard, someone have fun playing this for me :(

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects -- MB-DD8423C25C956234 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 52 entrants total.

t1412378662z1.png

derExperte

Hey that would be nice of you to lend your help ! In fact I have the hardest of times on the mission directly before the last one, 'Undercover' IIRC. But I'm working on my levels at the moment, while in ghost mode I have seen high level players take ungodly amount of damage before being endangered. I think the game is not so subtly telling me to grind.

Undercover is the one of the harder heists (and my least favorite tbh) and yes, leveling up helps a lot, being competent at shooting will only get you so far.

Copons

Well im on the East Coast. So its about 3 and a half hours till 7:30. Though for EU GAF I can move it up an hour if you guys want? to 6:30 PM EDT

I'd be up for some CS:GO! It's been a while since the last time you needed my service as a placeholder, and I'm too good to play with other players at my rank.

not really, i still suck hard

Phawx

Quick notes on The Long Dark (Version: 0.137)

Code:
[LIST]
[*]How the air and condensation operate in differing temperatures
[*]A full compliment of sound effects (wind/walking on snow/ice/wood)
[*]Echos in tight hallways and cavernous empty rooms
[*]It takes more energy walking up snowy hills than walking down. Both in terms of calories consumed and if you’re encumbered
[*]When in critical condition, different ailments affect you differently.
[*]Items have their own condition and need to be taken care of via tools or creating surplus from other broken items.
[/LIST]

Overall, I’m really digging The Long Dark. Excellent presentation, clear direction and genuinely fun to play. A survival game through and through.

My minimalist Let's Play on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t81zFOxWqUI

I clearly remember, about One version, that CDPR itself said something like "we didn't expect this to run, but it's running"....dunno what to think.
EDIT: Found the link http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/08/20/the-witcher-3-probably-not-1080p-on-consoles
That was talking about like right when they were first working on the console versions. I liked it for how candid it was, we never see talk like that. And only one of the screenshots from that thread even looks vaguely bad, so I don't really care.

People can commence panicking and stuff if they want, and it seems they do.

From your the thread you started and using my quotes: Modbot Quote:

"PLASTICA-MAN is generally a bad thread starting point, but to answer your question, it depends how much your codebase varies from pure UE3. If it's not much, it will be easier than if it's heavily customized with the porting tools. "

Because I started a thread with the name of a returning character in MGS5 after Kojima showed his figurines that many
no real
MGS fans, deemd as spoiler, while he was shown in many trailers and gameplay and mentionned by many gaffers clearly and no one yelled at that time. since then I was juniorised again and I can't open threads anymore
(as if would do it again even if get promoted to meber status again)
. Then we have threads like the ones you showed and even worse. I really love modbot (or whatever other mods behave the same), and mostly his exclusive definition of the word BAD. This reminded me of a thread I started at Unreal Engine forums, suggesting to bring UE4 to steam just like Crytek brought Cryengine to steam lately, then it became a war between engines within the thread (without me getting involved into ofc), then a mod (just like modbot) closed the thread. Then came a an epic VIP developer and admin and reopened the thread (since he noticed that there was no reason to close it) and letting more mature conversations carry on (without punishing me of course). I think Neogaf should follow this example and avoid gratuitous and let more mature conversations carry on.
Otherwise enogaf moderation will go the route of facepunch where saying thank you or good words get you permabanned and swearing and even racist quotes get praised -_-

Also I forgot, to all nan-sayers, there have been many projects and games switching not for UE3 to UE4, but even from Cryengine, Unity, Chrome 6 and other engines which is even a harder task. So everything is possible if someone wants it.

On the one hand, CDPR pulled some miraculous shit getting W2 onto the 360.

On the other hand, some of the stuff they've shown for W3 looks ridiculously good, like no-pc-in-the-next-couple-of-years-will-run-it-well Crysis 1 style stuff.

i guess we'll find out come feb.

On the one hand, CDPR pulled some miraculous shit getting W2 onto the 360.

On the other hand, some of the stuff they've shown for W3 looks ridiculously good, like no-pc-in-the-next-couple-of-years-will-run-it-well Crysis 1 style stuff.

i guess we'll find out come feb.

The worst handicap will be the fur tech.

tmarg

Right then this is getting a bit silly now. I don't know if I'm being stupid or what but I'm having a real hard time executing Captains in Mordor. So I'm out roaming around when I bump into this lovable chap.

Now I took that as a challenge and toppled him over easy peasy to the green skull status but messed up the X+A finished and did the Wraith blast thing and killed him accidentally. D'oh!

Not to worry though as 5 mins later...
WooHoo! Ushgol's back. So same thing again, I whittle his health down but went and grabbed him this time and went the interrogation route. But sadly it ended like this.
Now I know the git is going to come back again! So then peeps what's the best way for removing Captains heads from their shoulders?

It took me six times to finally get rid of Mogg the Wicked. Honestly the best way is to do a mission elsewhere so that time advances, hopefully another orc will take his place before he can come back.

Locust

The combat finisher has worked often for me. Haven't tried the head explosion talent for drain/wraith combo thingy yet, that might be good too.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seems Shan Gui didnt sell too well:

Too bad, since I liked it, but actually it was far too short (30-45 minutes) and just a kinetic VN, so there were no choices. But I would say the art, music and the dub was actually quite good.
I enjoyed it.

On 20th October though it will be 2,49$, so maybe that will help the sales.

I'll buy it at that price.

Kinda sorta want Child of Light and Valiant Hearts.
Not at this price, though, and definitely not with Trials included

(You only have yourself to blame with your uplay outages, Ubi =p)

I've got nothing against Trials, but I only really want Child of Light and Valiant Hearts, and it would be cheaper if it didn't include Trials. Ubi pls.

Miguel81

I missed all the hoopla surrounding Colonial Marines last year, including this gem. Man, it almost makes me want to get it just for the lulz. That's some questionable AI right there lol.

with Bundle Stars doing a weekend sale on some WB games the Batman set would be a little less than $30 for all three games (Asylum GOTY, City GOTY, Origins + Season Pass)...is that about the lowest to expect for them all together?

Turfster

I missed all the hoopla surround Colonial Marines last year, including this gem. Man, it almost makes me want to get it just for the lulz. That's some questionable AI right there lol.

If you read last year's winter sale thread, I pretty much took the thing apart in multiple posts =p
I wouldn't recommend playing through it yourself, even for the lulz.
I only finished it because someone gifted it to me =p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
with Bundle Stars doing a weekend sale on some WB games the Batman set would be a little less than $30 for all three games (Asylum GOTY, City GOTY, Origins + Season Pass)...is that about the lowest to expect for them all together?

The season pass has been $5 before, so the total price could be lower. Plus Oranges will probably reach $5 at some point (it's already been very close to $5 in the past).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom