• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrofluxed

Since I'm dumb, and can't figure out how to view a CD Key when a game is in my inventory, who would like a copy of Tomb Raider: Anniversary?

Screw it, going to wait until RE6 is like $10 before I play it. Don't want to risk it, heard too many bad things but I'm still intrigued, its RE!

Hopefully it dips to 75% in the winter seal

Coming from someone who used to be a die hard Resident Evil fan, it is the worst mainline REvil game. It's easily one of the worst REvil games period. I can't really recommend playing it at all, but I do know some people enjoyed it.

Shady859

My first day in the sale this summer, just dropped $18.60 on 5 games including a double dip for The Walking Dead loved it on 360 gonna try new choices on PC. :)

FTL $2.49
Surgeon Simulator 2013 $3.39
Puzzle Quest 2 $2.49
Triple Town $3.99
The Walking Dead $6.24

Messi

Sometimes I wish my laptop was more powerful and could run more shit.

I have 2 steam games now, Sims 3 and to the moon lol.

Man, RE6 for 20 dollars is an exceptional deal. Even if you dislike the campaign(which I really enjoyed, and takes around 30 hours) the Mercenaries mode is something that can take up dozens of hours. I suppose my wallet is more loose than others.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
Incredible work buddy!

Card Boy

Banned
Seriously?

I'd say Fish, an indie dev, would deserve it more than CDPR.

And please don't give me the usual "But they are a poor non-American company" BS.

In case you think i'm a 'hater' i never bashed on Phil ever, in fact i was one of the few who was defending him.

I just think Witcher 2 is easily the better game, Fez bored me to tears.

Gbraga

Man, RE6 for 20 dollars is an exceptional deal. Even if you dislike the campaign(which I really enjoyed, and takes around 30 hours) the Mercenaries mode is something that can take up dozens of hours. I suppose my wallet is more loose than others.

I LOVE RE6's Mercs as well, but since I already played around 70 hours of it on the PS3, 20 is still way too high for me >_<

BadAss2961

Does it run exceptionally well like RE5 did?

Digoman

So is the Borderlands 2 season pass worth it? Enjoyed the vanilla game but I'm on the fence about the DLC.

It's a very decent amount of content.

Captain Scarlett was good and interesting. Mr. Torque and Big Game Hunt are "so so" in both and size and quality. Then the last one (Tiny Tina) is actually very good.

Overall, for the sale price, very worth it if you liked the main game.

masterkajo

Hm, that's kinda off putting. I'm installing it at the moment and have no idea what to expect, I'm purposely not looking at gameplay to make things more exciting. Is the story actually good, or is this classic mass effect fan kind of 'good'?

I guess it doesn't really matter, it cost less than a burger.

You get used to the battle system fast. If you play it on higher difficulties it is not as simple. You need to use potions and blade coatings as well as oils and all that alchemy stuff. There is also dodging and different swords.

The story is not as epic and save the world like Mass Effect (even though I enjoyed the first and second game... wish they'd make a third) but rather locally and personal. It has some dark tones to it and mostly choices are not as black and white as in Mass Effect. There is no good and evil choice but rather you can choose sides without knowing the consequences. Also, even small decisions can have big consequences for the story.

j-wood

What all is included in the borderlands 2 season pass? It says 4 items but only discusses 3 in the description. Is tiny Tina's keep included?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Must.Get.Chivalry.

Even if I never play it again (which I definitely will be playing for awhile), the price of admission was worth it.

And for anyone that's played it, how do you map keys to a 360 controller? I'd like to change some stuff around, but it's confusing.

Overdoziz

Banned
Even if I never play it again (which I definitely will be playing for awhile), the price of admission was worth it.

And for anyone that's played it, how do you map keys to a 360 controller? I'd like to change some stuff around, but it's confusing.
I don't think controller controls are configurable yet.

liezryou

I was wondering how to find the CD Key too. Anybody know?

You guys should really read the OP, it's not a CD Key you can get out of it. Basically you send the gift to yourself as an email and then copy and paste the gift URL in the email to modbot (works just like a cd key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom