• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimajneb

dAizCaa.jpg
I'm slightly disappointed with Bad Rats, it's not nearly as terrible as I was hoping. Sure, it's a bad game, the interface is terrible, the physics engine makes everything really fiddly, and the levels are far too simplistic. But I'm not sure it lives up to its reputation as the worst game on Steam. If it were an iOS or Flash game it would be considered average, surely there's something worse out there.

Hopefully I did this right

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A4E58974225A0B36 - Taken by Acorn
The game is Poker Night at the Inventory.

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone else had any technical issues with Hotline Miami? It seems my computer likes randomly locking up while I play it and I have to force-reset :( it's happened 2 times thus far.

BHK3

Banned
I'm slightly disappointed with Bad Rats, it's not nearly as terrible as I was hoping. Sure, it's a bad game, the interface is terrible, the physics engine makes everything really fiddly, and the levels are far too simplistic. But I'm not sure it lives up to its reputation as the worst game on Steam. if it were an iOS or Flash game it would be considered average, surely there's something worse out there.

There's always Dinner Date

TheContact

So far today I grabbed the RPG Maker and Heroes of Might and Magic. This feels almost nostalgic because I remember playing the primitive versions of these games way back in the day

DukeBobby

I think I accidentally called someone a 'shithead' when I gifted them Dinner Date yesterday. I said it in the gift message, and totally forgot that the other person would see it.

Peace Walker

Neo Member
I'm slightly disappointed with Bad Rats, it's not nearly as terrible as I was hoping. Sure, it's a bad game, the interface is terrible, the physics engine makes everything really fiddly, and the levels are far too simplistic. But I'm not sure it lives up to its reputation as the worst game on Steam. If it were an iOS or Flash game it would be considered average, surely there's something worse out there.

The whole Bad Rats thing started with one of the christmas sales, I think it was the one in 2011, when people would get Coal from the achievements and refine them into coupons or games which most of the time turned out to be Bad Rats. It's not the worst game on steam, if you want it then try Elf Bowling

Acorn

I wonder how much money that game has made from the gifting spree of it. The devs must be rolling in money.

Turfster

It doesn't matter anyway - she's £7.50, not £3.75.

I'd bite at that price too, don't fret

Heh, 's okay, I'm just still hyper ;)
I restarted for the cards today, and actually re-played it for a few hours...
Still one of the prettiest games out there, and it's great fun.

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh shit, you've never played Eternity's Child, have you?

(New) Tomb Raider - 12.50

Tomb Raider Anniversary - 80 cents

Tomb Raider Collection - 17.50

Individual prices for The games in the collection are between like 65 cents and 80 cents except for new TR, and TR Legend which is $1.74

Let me know if you need help buying from the US store. A link to my Steam profile is in the OP.

Wow...talk about Aussie tax TR Anniversary is $22.50 here...

I'll be home in a few hours, I would love if someone could grab it for me, I'll even make it worth your while, I'll send you $1.

The_Monk

I had to hit refresh and I've been catching up with the thread all this time, I am now moved and even dropped a single manly tear (it's true), thank you all for everything. You are all amazing fellow GAFfers!

Also, enjoy The Witcher 2 Soundtrack which is amazing. Grab FTL and play it, don't just get it for the cards, the game is indeed something else and it's great (but I play it on Easy *runs*).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, it's fucking horrible.:(

Vargavinter

Hmmmmm, I have The Witcher 2 on Xbox but never started it yet. I read something about some new patch to the PC with rebalances and tweaks to the combat system. Would the PC version be better to play than the Xbox?

Turfster

Hmmmmm, I have The Witcher 2 on Xbox but never started it yet. I read something about some new patch to the PC with rebalances and tweaks to the combat system. Would the PC version be better to play than the Xbox?

The PC version is (almost) always better.
You quadruple your res, if nothing else, plus you have more graphics options and can use mods.

Shady859

These cards are crazy I just started got one for buying and one for playing Triple Town and already sold both seconds after listing... lol Every time I get a card I say wooohoo and list it for cheapest on the market or a penny more. Let someone else chase the rabbit.:)

Triple Town is alot better than the iOS version. I refused to play FTL first as I may not leave according to what everyone says.

My damage so far:
FTL $2.49
Surgeon Simulator 2013 $3.39
Puzzle Quest 2 $2.49
Triple Town $3.99
The Walking Dead $6.24

Debating on Chivalry, the free weekend was fun.. Is it still active MP? Tomb Raider would be a instant buy but im half through it on 360.

masterkajo

It is a mod (Full Combat Rebalance 2) from one of the devs. Still had some bugs last time I checked but he is working to fix them if he hasn't already. Lots of people say it feels and plays much better now.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
17 hours left for Surgeon Simulator @ $3. Only have $24, saving for Gunpoint, Warband, Rainbow Six, Puddle, and others...should I get?

Yes, Surgeon Simulator is fun and hilarious. I don't think Gunpoint is going to get too low given it's release date. Puddle has been dirt cheap in other sales, though.

Nabs

I'll be home in a few hours, I would love if someone could grab it for me, I'll even make it worth your while, I'll send you $1.
Grab it on Amazon for the same price (or use the one time GOONCAVE coupon for 15% off).

Just send me a friend request on Steam when you are ready. It will still be on sale.

I bought it for someone in Australia like 2 days ago before it had this daily deal discount and he said it was $50. That is probably the most insane Aussie Tax I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom