• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No sale on Stormblood sucks a bit :/

The game's release date was 2 days ago. A sale today would be incredibly shitty for everyone who bought the game for launch.

Amzin

I'm honestly OK with PUBG being mostly full price (GMG voucher and HB Monthly discount not withstanding). A $30 investment for cheaters and teamers is way more likely to discourage them considering how ban happy they've been so far. The game would suffer a LOT if that kind of thing becomes more prolific.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I want to finally give a CRPG game a try.

Which one should I go for between Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny or Torment?

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?
I would start with Divinity: Original Sin actually. Its as good as those ones and way easier for a complete novice to get into and not go "wait what the fuck is going on" during combat

jrcbandit

100 hours long JRPG.
So? I've never finished the first game and could have gotten the 2nd game discounted to $20 like a year ago. It will just keep staying on my wish list for another couple of years until it finally gets a discount to $10 or $15, I'm in no rush ;p. Most of my wishlist is very tepid sale pricing, so they will just remain on my wishlist for whenever Steam gives decent discounts again or I get them from Humble Bundle (more likely scenario lol). Discounts haven't fully stabilized yet, but I think I might only be getting 2 games off my 50 item wish list..

Phew, caught up. Make sure you guys nab Hyper Light Drifter, Transistor, and Momodora. Those are the ones I can recommend that I've seen confirmed.

Can somebody help explain to me how buying FFXIV works? Disappointed to see the bundle is only 7% off, but 15% is interesting. Is that 15% off for the base game or something?

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Does anyone know the price of battlegrounds and prey?

JCH!

I would say it really depends - the hunt one I thought was kinda lame, the Bright Lord is essentially 50% more campaign redux but harder. So it just depends on how much you love(d) the main game. I wouldn't say any of it is required and I did love the game.

Got it, thanks. I guess I'll just get the base game for now and decide on the DLC after I see if I like it or not.

Fancolors

Is Giga Wrecker worth it for half the price?

Sorta curious to see whatever Game Freak does outside Pokémon and Tembo was an okay game.

How is Steam controller shipping handled? Does it use my billing address for delivery? Anyone have experience with shipping it to the Balkans? I'm in Croatia and a bit concerned if it will arrive in one piece.

So what are quest I must complete? I did the Discovery Queue and checked friend activity but it says I still have one incomplete quest.

poros1ty

I'm really surprised at how many people are expecting a sale on this game. You'd think the high praise it has received and countless hours many people have put in would justify the $30 entry fee but I guess some just want a discount regardless...

Ehhhh.... it's a steam sale, with the largest sales during summer/xmas only occurring twice a year. It's the best way to entice people to to buy your game by putting the game on sale. I'm not talking a large sale since the game is only 3 months old, but 10-15% off would have been appropriate.

Anno

So I want to finally give a CRPG game a try.

Which one should I go for between Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny or Torment?

I know the latter too are more recent but I don't really know anything about Torment and the setting for Tyranny doesn't interest me much... So I guess Pillars is the logical choice?

Pillars is definitely my recommendation here. Thought which Torment do you mean? Either way I think starting with PoE to learn the genre is a good idea. If you get to the end of act 2 and are enjoying the game then pick up the expansions as well - they slot right in and are great.

Grief.exe

Tempted to bite on Nier: Automata for $40. Knowing how SE sticks to its guns with pricing, that's as good as it's gonna get for a long time.

The big question is (and forgive me if this has been asked already in this thread), did they fix the technical issues with this game?

The price on Square's Western-developed games usually fall off a cliff, but the Japanese titles stick to their guns. Weird how that works.

RE Nier. Please don't give money to developers who don't fix their games. Unless you like developers not fixing their games.

*Publishers

Shifty1897

Hollow Knight
Cosmic Star Heroine
Darkest Dungeon + Crimson Court DLC (together under 19.99).

That is a lot of hours of great games right there.

Yep, gonna have to get these. Thanks!

Gonna check out Headlander too for the person who recommended it.

CHC

The division for 10 bucks mostly for single player, yay or nay?

Definitely, it's fun to just explore the super beautiful and atmospheric landscape - post-pandemic New York insisted with blizzards and contamination. Don't expect some amazingly creative campaign - it mostly just ushers you from place to place as you collect gear and shoot dudes, but overall it's worth 10 bucks. Especially if you have a good graphics card and can crank up the visuals.

Monooboe

Maybe one gets one card for everyone time one tries to finish the discovery que.XD Because I also got 12 once I managed to finish it.

tensuke

Will probably get hate but I recommend H1Z1 over PUBG anyway, and it's $10 during the summer sale. Not a bad price to check it out, it's a faster, more arcadey PUBG imo and I don't think it's as buggy as it's been in the past.

MattyG

Banned
I'm trying to check out Necrodancer, Obduction, Tyranny and the PoE expansion pass. Can't make it though. Dammit Valve.

Edit: it went though on my very next try. Apparently all I had to do was complain about it.

Stoze

It seems like it might be a perfect time to get Slime Rancher right? They just came out with the last major content update, this is the lowest price its been, and full release out of early access is in less than 2 months so I don't expect another big sale for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom