• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Jul 21, 2012$1.24Purchase
Tropico 4 DLC Junta

Jul 21, 2012$9.98Purchase
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines & Red Orchestra 2 (ROW)

Jul 15, 2012$12.49Purchase
Saints Row: The Third

Jul 14, 2012$29.79Purchase
Skyrim

Jul 13, 2012$11.99Purchase
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

So that's $65.49 total

Been meaning to pick up Skyrim, SR, and VtM for awhile now.. SW:Clone Wars was for my son and so was Tropico 4 DLC... Red Orchestra was an impulse buy that I might never get around to booting up for awhile.. but it's not getting cheaper than $5 for awhile.. so why not.

Lexxon

It really is magical. I love how much charm and character it has.

Loved Rayman on X360. However I enjoyed it much more with a friend. Is PC still local co-op enabled? If so, if you can find a buddy/wife/sibling/whatever, I highly recommend at least a 2 player experience. Also makes things less frustrating since you can revive each other.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This thread reminds me of when you're at a real pumping party, full swing. Everyone getting along, the booze is flowing, tonne of people.

Then you leave, head out on the town. come back to the party in the morning and there are like a few stragglers, a conversation, place is a mess, half drunk booze vessels filled with ciggies.

Did this party really happen?

Of course not. First rule of Steam Sales is no one talks about Steam Sales.

/sneaks out.

Loved Rayman on X360. However I enjoyed it much more with a friend. Is PC still local co-op enabled? If so, if you can find a buddy/wife/sibling/whatever, I highly recommend at least a 2 player experience. Also makes things less frustrating since you can revive each other.

Yep

Sianos

This thread reminds me of when you're at a real pumping party, full swing. Everyone getting along, the booze is flowing, tonne of people.

Then you leave, head out on the town. come back to the party in the morning and there are like a few stragglers, a conversation, place is a mess, half drunk booze vessels filled with ciggies.

Did this party really happen?

Of course not. First rule of Steam Sales is no one talks about Steam Sales.

/sneaks out.

Yeah, all the hype will settle down and e-life will fade back to the routine of everyday living.

But what makes the sale time so special is that it juxtaposes from regular times. As Party Cat taught us, parties can become routine if they are overused.

For now let us enjoy our new games, indulge in some mild midweek madness, and await the Winter Walrus.

Just kidding, who actually plays games?

$0.00

If Ys Origin had gotten the sale vote, I probably would've gone in on it.
Otherwise, nothing caught my fancy.

Meanwhile, I spent $160 on a couple of Vita import pre-orders...
lol. Priorities.

The Last Remnant (GMG, but whatever)
1000 Amps
Dungeons
Arma II: Combined Operations (NA)
The Final Hours of Portal 2
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Krater
Carpe Fulger Bundle
Stacking
Dear Esther
The Walking Dead
Trine 2
Qube
PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack
Alan Wake Bundle
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Toy Soldiers
From Dust
Rayman Origins

Total damage was right around $100. A little more than I expected, but I ended up picking up a couple extra games for co-op, and GAF sold me on a few (Walking Dead, Dungeons, Krater) that I probably would have ignored otherwise.

I've been pretty happy with what I've played so far. Rayman is better than I expected (and I already had pretty high hopes), Trine 2 co-op has been a lot of fun, and Krater has been a pleasant surprise. QUBE hasn't grabbed me yet, but I'll give it another shot at some point.

Why do people keep saying this?
There is/will be a Stand Alone version. It just makes the most economic sense. Though 2 months from now is definitely wrong. I'd say a year tops considering that the alpha is just that. Alpha, and all the glorious bugs that come with it. It'll happen, just not as quickly as people who sit on the fence about buying ARMA II would like to think.

ultron87

It was actually a pretty light sale for me this go round. Though buying two 4X games certainly ups the potential play time of the whole bundle.

Binding of Isaac + Expansion
Galactic Civilizations II
Hard Reset
Monkey Island 1&2 Special Edition
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Civilization V
Tribes: Ascend - Starter Pack

Total was around 35 bucks. I just need to get Hot Pursuit working with my 360 controller.

Petrie

Banned
There is/will be a Stand Alone version. It just makes the most economic sense. Though 2 months from now is definitely wrong. I'd say a year tops considering that the alpha is just that. Alpha, and all the glorious bugs that come with it. It'll happen, just not as quickly as people who sit on the fence about buying ARMA II would like to think.

That's what I meant. 2 months? No way.

Aselith

They wouldn't even consider it until Arma 2 sales slow down.

They wouldn't even consider it until Arma 2 sales slow down.
I can almost guarantee that they've considered it. They aren't so daft as to think that ARMA II us what everyone is buying and DAYZ happens to be a perk. I don't think that because ARMA II is selling so well that they haven't made a standalone yet. I think it has more to do with the fact that the infrastructure/mechanics are constantly evolving and don't want to commit to a standalone product until there has been a concrete direction that Rocket wants to go. Based on the fact that ARMA II came and went(and has come again) they know that it is a money maker. And i'd be more than willing to bet that they'll give the resources to him when they are at least mostly done with ARMA III.

Giard

I bought tons of inexpensive games... I thought I had spent around 60-70 bucks, but it seems I spent more than that... next time I'll have more control (and a lot less games to buy :p)
Sorry for the formating

Amazon
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai 7.49
Magicka Collection 2.49
Sword of the Stars Complete 2.49
Sword of the Stars II 2.49
Victoria II 2.49
Crusader Kings II 2.49
SUBTOTAL 19.94

Steam
Crusader Kings II - Sword of Islam DLC 2.49
Binding of Isaac - Wrath of Lamb DLC 0.74
Frozen Synapse - Red DLC 1.99
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete 7.49
Mount and Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars DLC 2.49
The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition 1.87
Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition 1.87
Trine 2 3.74
Audiosurf 2.49
Hitman: Blood Money 2.49
Thief Gold 2.25
Thief 2 2.25
Thief: Deadly Shadows 2.25
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl 4.74
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat 3.49
SimCity 4 Deluxe 4.99
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity 4.99
The Longest Journey 2.49
Max Payne 1.87
Max Payne 2 1.87
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 2.49
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition 2.49
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition 2.49
Morrowind: Game of the Year 4.99
Cossacks: Back to War - Campaign DLC 0.99
Penumbra: Black Plague 1.66
Penumbra: Overture 1.66
Penumbra: Requiem 1.66
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns 1.66
Kohan: Ahriman's Gift 1.66
Kohan II - Kings of War 1.66
The Great Art Race 0.93
Patrician III 0.93
DarkStar One 0.93
SUBTOTAL 85.05

Green Man Gaming
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light 3.00

Gifts
Mount and Blade: Warband (Thanks Tony!) 0
Cossacks: Back to War (Thanks JCITS!) 0
Penny's Arcade ... 3 (Thanks Robert!) 0

GRAND TOTAL 107.99

I guess you could also add Guild Wars 2... so add another 48 bucks...ugh.

khefka

Neo Member
Why do people keep saying this?
My bad, I read it here and generally people don't make stuff up or they get banned so I thought it was legit.

To stay on topic, my haul:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Bastion
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Terraria
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Alice: Madness Returns
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
From Dust
The Binding Of Isaac - Wrath of the Lamb
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Already have over 400 games on Steam and only play TF2 so tried to keep the wallet in my pocket this time. I'm determined to work through some titles, although I will need to hurry because once GW2 comes out I prob won't be opening Steam as much.

This year I managed to not buying a single game during the sale.

Everyone cheer me for my iron like will power.

'self clap'

honestly though this year's sale was weak as hell.

nope. this sale was great as all others were. basically the quality of the sale is based on how many games you've managed to buy that you hadn't previously bought. Really don't understand this negativity... Sure if you bought all the publisher packs last time then you didn't have much new here. But then again which games were you expecting to show up that didn't?

I mean I spent about $80 and got 11 games, including fairly new titles. pretty happy with that. Finally got around to buying fallout:NV ultimate edition and I'm loving it. only cost me 9 potatoes.

Taglioli

Neo Member
I managed to make it through the sale only buying:

Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb - 0.74
Wizorb - 1.49

And Shatter as a gift - 2.49

The only thing I really regret not buying was the Broken Sword trilogy, but with a Steam backlog of 86 games, I'm really trying not to add anymore until I play through some of what I have.

Onionkid

Are many others in here buying games with their RMAH profits? Technically everything I got was free thanks to Diablo III :)

Steam:
Assassin's Creed II
Binding of Isaac DLC
Botanicula
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
Dear Esther
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Legend of Grimrock
The Longest Journey
Pixeljunk Eden
Portal 2
Prince of Persia
Recettear
Renegade Ops (gift)
Civilization III Complete
Civilization V
Trine 2
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Ys Origin

GMG:
The Last Remnant

Wish I would've grabbed Splice during the sale, but at least I'll have something to pick up when the next one comes along!

Wow, Ive been siting on a copy of cave story deluxe for almost a year and I just started playing. its awesome so far. Does any one have an extra copy for the steam version? Ive got a copy of Bastion ill trade.

Oh my god! I have never had a good PC until recently and have never seen a Steam sale before. It's kinda daunting. I feel like a kid in a candy store who want's to buy it all.

Dr.Acula

Banned
rFWn4.jpg

Spent under $100.00!

$99.38

My surprise hits from this sale are The Walking Dead, and Rage.

Like both these games a lot more than I thought I would.

Bought:

Alan Wake Franchise $10
Killing Floor (4 Copies, gift for three friends) $20
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition: $16
Oblivion: GOTY Edition (Gift for a friend) $5
Terraria (2 Copies) (Gift for two friends) $5
Bastion $3.74

Total: $56

Was gifted:

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (for buying Oblivion when my friend wasn't there for it as he was waiting days for it to be on sale)
Ys: Origin (for buying my friend Terraria and for buying the guy Persona 4 earlier this year and asking nothing in return)

I'm really happy with how the sale went, I gifted quite a lot to people who really have been there for me and I'm glad that I got some gifts in return.

23 jul 20123,74€ Aanschaffen
Jade Empire (ROW)

23 jul 20126,74€ Aanschaffen
Double Fine Bundle

22 jul 201214,22€ Aanschaffen
The Orange Box, Audiosurf, Fable The Lost Chapters

22 jul 20124,73€ Aanschaffen
Garry's Mod, Star Wars: KOTOR

22 jul 20126,24€ Aanschaffen
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

18 jul 201212,49€ Aanschaffen
Total War Mega Pack - Sep 2011

17 jul 20129,99€ Aanschaffen
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack

17 jul 201225,--€ Portemonneesaldo
Saldo Portemonnee 25,--€

17 jul 20122,49€ Aanschaffen
Metro 2033 All Languages

13 jul 20125,--€ Portemonneesaldo
Saldo Portemonnee 5,--€

Kinda feel sad for not having bought Sins of a solar empire and Terraria, I missed that daily deal :/

Copenap

Are many others in here buying games with their RMAH profits? Technically everything I got was free thanks to Diablo :)

Nope, was using my employment profit, technically everything I got was free thanks to being employed :)

26 games for a total of 100€. Lots of classics in there I can't wait to play again.

LuuKyK

I just wanted to thank whoever convinced me to buy The Walking Dead (was it Toki? I can't remember, but it is SO good, finished and can't wait for the next episode).

Also bless the soul of ImRight who gifted me Bastion. The music in this game is unreal. Just finished it too. Will play the new game plus soon! :D

Now to play another awesome gift: Pixel Junk Eden! Yay.

And I still have Bioshock 1, 2, Ys Oath, Torchlight, Rayman and Trine 2 to start/continue. What to do? t_t I know a lot of people have even bigger backlogs but I hate to start a game and leave it, i go for most of the achievments almost ever.

Mista Koo

Bought a lot of shit I'll never play anytime soon. At least this time I set a budget, which I didn't follow.
Not sure whether I'm sad or happy.

On another note Jade Empire is currently $3.74, isn't that cheaper than its sale price?

c0Zm1c

Top Bottom