• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate coming to PS3

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
5pb. will bring the Steins;Gate visual novel series to PlayStation 3, Famitsu.com revealed today.

The original Steins;Gate will be released on PS3 on May 24, priced ¥7,140. It will be joined by a PS3 port of offshoot Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling, on May 24 at ¥6,090.

For those who want both games, 5pb. will offer the Steins;Gate Double Pack, also on May 24. Pricing for this has not been announced.

Steins;Gate has thus far appeared on PSP, Xbox 360 and iOS.

http://andriasang.com/comznw/steins_gate_ps3/

BluWacky

Hey what's this about?

It's a visual novel in part about time travel. It's also widely regarded as one of the best visual novels yet released. Don't read the story description on Wikipedia as it basically spoils the entire thing.

The usual caveats about visual novels apply - crawlingly slow text, a variant on the LOL ANIMU aesthetic and characters, limited interaction (although more than many VNs) - but it's reputedly very good indeed.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
That semicolon is like.....

thbale_and_kermit.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Steins. Gate.
Steins, gate.

Stein's, gate?

I have played the Japanese 360 version. It is good. Even with my very limited Japanese skills (and a lot of guides).

I still need to play Hiyoku Renri no Darling, I have that still sealed.

Don't expect any of those games to ever come to the West.

Does anyone know how the anime stacks up to the VN. I was thinking of just watchin the anime when it was announced since I figured Steins;Gate would likely never be localized

Averon

Does anyone know how the anime stacks up to the VN. I was thinking of just watchin the anime when it was announced since I figured Steins;Gate would likely never be localized

The anime is great, however I didn't read the VN so I can't compare the two. It was one of my top 3 shows last year.

I thought the anime turned shit and handled the concept of time travel pretty terrible, but I'm in the minority there so I would still recommend at least giving it a try.

Slermy

Same here, I watched the anime, but haven't played the actual visual novel outside the demo. The voice actors are the same between the two, and the intro song (though different) is also sung by the same artist. So I'd imagine it's pretty faithful outside of the different visual style.

I really wish this would get picked up for a US release. At the very least, importing the PS3 ones will be easier.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
is there any chance of a western release?.........

I doubt it. Not even the iOS version of Steins;Gate is in English, and that would be easier to push through cert than a PS3 version.

mollipen

Why are people acting like this is the first time anybody has ever seen the game's title and its fun-loving semicolon?

And seriously, somebody bring this over. It'll totally tank financially, but... wait, I probably shouldn't say that when trying to convince publishers to give it a chance.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And seriously, somebody bring this over. It'll totally tank financially, but... wait, I probably shouldn't say that when trying to convince publishers to give it a chance.

Maybe they can release it via Corpse Party style: sell it for 19.99 (if that's possible) and release it via PSN.

Respawn

Banned
It's a visual novel in part about time travel. It's also widely regarded as one of the best visual novels yet released. Don't read the story description on Wikipedia as it basically spoils the entire thing.

The usual caveats about visual novels apply - crawlingly slow text, a variant on the LOL ANIMU aesthetic and characters, limited interaction (although more than many VNs) - but it's reputedly very good indeed.

Consider me interested. Thanks for the explanation.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hate semicolons... it's my most common typo. Hit that instead of the apostrophe almost every damn time. :(

Andrefpvs

None from Japan, as far as I know.

Maybe this belongs in another thread, but are they just impossible to be profitable here? Has no one (companies such as JAST, etc.) ever tried to pick one up for translation and maybe sell them on PS Store?
I'm being very naive here, aren't I?

Top Bottom