• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella has been removed from FFXV; Itamuro writing game; Demo 2 June 9; FFXV not @ E3

No more fan feedback nonsense.
No more tech demos
No more Duscae.

Just make a good game. Final Fantasy on a single-player level needs to be captivating again.
If anything they should have scrapped everything and made XV an entirely new concept. There hasn't been a new FF concept since 2006 now.
I am with you here.

I sure hope there is no more Duscae after today's ATR. Good thing they are skipping E3 because it could have potentially meant more Duscae at E3 -_-

I am now more excited for Gamescom, just to see the new vision and all. Unless the end game is disappointing, I am looking forward to what Tabata has cooked up.

No more tech demos
No more Duscae.

Just make a good game. Final Fantasy on a single-player level needs to be captivating again.
If anything they should have scrapped everything and made XV an entirely new concept. There hasn't been a new FF concept since 2006 now.

I completely agree, I'd rather they just knuckle down with the game's development instead of messing about with Duscae. But I feel like this is SE compensating for being so quiet all these years, and I guess for the fans this is a way of feeling more secure SE won't screw the game up, by listening to feedback and making alterations - which seem to being going down well if the other thread is anything to go by!

KupoNut

It's worth noting that a lot of stuff and Nomura's vision for Versus XIII is kept, and the Stella cut was probably necessary to make a better story. If it makes the game better, so be it. We don't know the reason, we might never know, but I'm certain Tabata isn't lying in our faces. They just should've said this way earlier. Way earlier. Shows how this game was nowhere at E3 2013.

I'm more infuriated that it will have no presence at E3 and likely won't show up at any of the press conferences. I suppose it's not damaging, but still. Some people might take that bad especially with them having their own press conference this year.

Hmmm.... so that was Stella after all.
Same goes for her voice in the trailer + the kid noctis part with them holding hands.

So they kept most of the cast, the Accordo sequence(TGS 2014), the courtyard sequence(TGS tech demo), the 2013 CGI scenes, and cut Stella and Ctrl-V'd Luna in? That's really weird.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's worth noting that a lot of stuff and Nomura's vision for Versus XIII is kept, and the Stella cut was probably necessary to make a better story. If it makes the game better, so be it. We don't know the reason, we might never know, but I'm certain Tabata isn't lying in our faces. They just should've said this way earlier. Way earlier. Shows how this game was nowhere at E3 2013.

I'm more infuriated that it will have no presence at E3 and likely won't show up at any of the press conferences. I suppose it's not damaging, but still. Some people might take that bad especially with them having their own press conference this year.

Think of it this way... the game is still over a year from release.

I mean all you have to do is wait 2 months for gamescom. Not that big of a deal.

Philippo

No more tech demos
No more Duscae.

Gotcha, because honestly sometimes it sounded like you expected this game to turn out FFXIII-levels of shit.

But yeah, i guess they'll become more focused once the marketing campaign kicks in at Gamescom.

Agree on the last part too, while this is my most anticipated game ever, it has been the representation of FF for the past decade lol

You think a Spring release is to rule out?

I really disagree with this. Saying this stuff at the time would have made people lose complete faith in the project - knowing Stella (and the original 'vision') for the game was being scrapped, without anything positive to show for it wouldn't have been a clever move. At least this way gamers have a tangible product (Duscae) which serves as a measure of the final product (post-Stella) to have some faith in.

LiK

No more tech demos
No more Duscae.

Yea, so what's the point of improving the demo with patches? Wasting money and time on it.

It's gonna be at GamesCom which is only a couple months later.

There is always E3 2016 for the big mega blowout.

The Witcher 3 did benefit a lot from multiple E3 showcases, but it also faced a lot of backlash for the smoke and mirrors demos.

Late 2016 at the earliest. Worldwide release is my bet though.

Mr. RHC

Agreed.

If anyone needs a new wallpaper, I have made a few for you:
Different sizes:

jXMlQ9i.jpg

And this one is for your avatar:

FlrF8ED.png

Fdkn

But we already knew this, indeed you have hinted for a long time that we shouldn't expect it before fall 2016. Cancelling the game and making a new one in a different setting wouldn't have been faster anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gotcha, because honestly sometimes it sounded like you expected this game to turn out FFXIII-levels of shit.

But yeah, i guess they'll become more focused once the marketing campaign kicks in at Gamescom.

Agree on the last part too, while this is my most anticipated game ever, it has been the representation of FF for the past decade lol

Spring is way too early.

HeelPower

I wonder if he'll ever share the rest.
Yeah...like the gutted character control system and the pseudo action battle system?

The writing was on the wall ever since Tabata came out with the new game.It had nothing to do with Versus and all he came out with was reductions in the game's ambitions.

People kept clinging to false hope.

I wonder if SE will show FFXVI at E3? Or some other 'big' FF title (Type 0 sequel?) - seems odd for them to be having a conference without a numbered FF showcase.

I wonder if SE will show FFXVI at E3? Or some other 'big' FF title (Type 0 sequel?) - seems odd for them to be having a conference without a numbered FF showcase.
They have their other big guns.

Tomb Raider
Just Cause 3
Star Ocean 5
Hitman
Deus Ex

and in term of numbered FF, we will get FF XIV Heavensward, XII HD Remaster (hopefully) and a release date for FF VII PS4, and maybe some spin-off like Crisis Core.

Everyone should have remained pessimistic after Nomura's ejection, the official narrative notwithstanding, precisely because shenanigans such as these were obviously lurking in the background. At this point, my greatest hope is that SE has learned how to manage their workflow for future games.

dramatis

Lawd I hope not, I need my strong female characters, no sausage-fest for me pls.
Good luck getting strong female characters from Tabata. His track record is Type-0, and the heroine in that game is garbage. The female characters are stereotypes and nothing else.

In the OP it states that both are still in the game.
Sure, they're in the game. What Korigama is saying is that they likely won't be much more of any presence as characters.

Ishida

Banned
Everyone should have remained pessimistic after Nomura's ejection, the official narrative notwithstanding, precisely because shenanigans such as these were obviously lurking in the background. At this point, my greatest hope is that SE has learned how to manage their workflow for future games.

Fuck that noise.

I have no reason to be pessimistic about the game.

Astery

rewriting parts of the story is likely bound to no good with plot inconsistency and several other issues, I'll be disappointed if it's for "making the game release a possibility" since they've been working on and off the game for years already, they may as well just stick with it. That or I would like to know what was the team doing after fully commiting to the project for such periods of time.

Stella and Noctis had an interesting relationship shown to me with their stand offs and chatting from the earlier trailers, now It's all just a lie, i don't know what I should be excited about now. And the wait continues.

Garlador

My biggest worry right now is the obvious lack of planning and having everyone on the same page. So far, everything strikes me as developers lacking confidence in what they're doing, afraid to commit to an idea, afraid not to test the waters with multiple demos to decide what to do for the main game, even after all these years.

Nothing, at this point, is locked in stone, and that's troubling.

I'll need to track it down, but one of my favorite interviews with the team behind FF9 was they revealed how they had a big book where they solidified EVERYTHING - characters, story, setting, art, pacing, scenarios - before they even began any programming or modelling. That ensured they were all on the same page once they officially started.

Final Fantasy, in general, has not been that elegantly developed since.

Godcannon

Fun Fact: I really liked Stella because she looks exactly like my (favorite) ex-girlfriend. Honestly Xenoblade X is all I truly care about anymore because this game is such a mess and too stressful to care about. I WANT it to be good though, but dayum I'd be a fool to be hopeful. We'll know by 2020 right guys!!!!???

rewriting parts of the story is likely bound to no good with plot inconsistency and several other issues, I'll be disappointed if it's for "making the game release a possibility" since they've been working on and off the game for years already, they may as well just stick with it. That or I would like to know what was the team doing after fully commiting to the project for such periods of time.

Stella and Noctis had an interesting relationship shown to me with their stand offs and chatting from the earlier trailers, now It's all just a lie, i don't know what I should be excited about now. And the wait continues.

I think the best thing to do is forget absolutely everything about the game prior to it being rebranded as FFXV. And for 'what I should be excited about', look at Duscae and the developments there - this is the Final Fantasy we will be getting.

Ishida

Banned
I dunno, SE's love of super-early, target concept, mind blowing trailers is unyielding. I'm half expecting to see something not unlike Agni's Philosophy, in game form, with roman numerals in the title.

I mean, it would be cool, but I think Square wants to push FFXV first. Perhaps we may get our first XVI teaser on E3 next year.

I might be wrong, though.

I think the best thing to do is forget absolutely everything about the game prior to it being rebranded as FFXV. And for 'what I should be excited about', look at Duscae and the developments there - this is the Final Fantasy we will be getting.

Wish this thread was filled with more posts like this.

Garlador

Yeah, well, it's still like being shown and promised Disneyworld, and then winding up at Chuck-E-Cheese.

Sure, you can still have a lot of fun there, but you know what COULD have been.

LowParry

I think everyone needs to step back, take a deeeeeeeeeeeep breath and wait for Gamescon. If the game turns out with a shit presentation with all that they have to reveal, then let the tar and feathering begin. The excuse "just wait and see" is already tiring with this game. The 2.0 demo looks promising and for now, that's my excitement with the game. Prove me more SE.

Ishida

Banned
Yeah, well, it's still like being shown and promised Disneyworld, and then winding up at Chuck-E-Cheese.

Sure, you can still have a lot of fun there, but you know what COULD have been.

Terrible analogy. You are basically saying that Versus XIII was awesome and that FFXV is cheap or something.

For all we know it could be the complete opposite. We will never know.

Ceravic

This thread...

I can't with the FF fandumb. I just can't.

I'm with you. Jesus Christ, people.

Terrible analogy. You are basically saying that Versus XIII was awesome and that FFXV is cheap or something.

For all we know it could be the complete opposite. We will never know.

The most annoying thing is that now people will romanticize Versus XIII forever no matter how good this game is.

Ishida

Banned
I'm with you. Jesus Christ, people.

The most annoying thing is that now people will romanticize Versus XIII forever no matter how good this game is.

Exactly.

"Remember Versus XIII? Now THAT was amazing, unlike the crap FFXV we got."

People will always support their mental fan fiction over whatever gets released.

Top Bottom