• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Didn't see this posted here, but apparently ShiftUp considered this alternative key art that for the physical release (probably as a reversible cover). 👀

GMwWxvxbMAAV-nr
That guy was fun to fight

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I’m big fan of FROM games but that doesn’t mean every fucking needs to be like them.…..it okay for action game be proper action game.

if FROM stops making games then I look for alternative but until then I dont need other “Soul-like” games….i just don’t need it.
I think Fromsoft made a product that is so mainstream every action game just gets compared to them. Stellar Blade is more in line with all the Hack and Slash games from the 2000's.

It's more NieR Automata or Astral Chain then it is a Soul Clone.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I love how this thread is just full or people showing off their swimwear eve...

Meanwhile me who has like 90% of everything unlocked is rocking this.

3dpFDkB.jpeg

Also did you guys know depending on the outfit Eves ass and tits get bigger and smaller?

Ocean Maid has the biggest tits and ass combined while daily denam has the flatest of both.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I wish you could disable pony tail entirely. It doesn’t work with a lot of the hairstyles.

I think a better hair system would have been a good idea.

The issue is because Eves sword turns into a hairpiece without a ponytail it would look weird.

I also find the lack of sword skins considering you use it for the entire game confusing, like no matter what outfit your rocking it's always going to be a blue sword in hand or a blue hairpiece.

SkylineRKR

Yeah the hairstyles don't make sense right now. The ponytail looks tacked on.

I beat Eidos 7 in hard mode new game +. This is how you do NG+. You keep getting weapon cores and beta/health cores again which boost your stats further. Gear also drops in boosted form with higher increases. Even extra skills to unlock. And new costumes.

So far, on an completed save Hard mode feels easier because you're fully decked out.

I almost beat the game. But then i got stuck on a hard boss and couldn't progress for the life of me.

I started a new game and going to finish all the side quests / buff my character up this time. Before going to the point of no return.

This game has catchy music. I love it.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is so good. Not sure how far I am. Feels pretty far.
I’ve just beaten THAT boss. Incredible design and fight. I’ve been waiting for that moment since the old trailers. Wow.
I wish we had more interaction before that fight just to showcase the design more.
It must be one of best looking character designs I’ve ever seen.
I had to use the wb pump but I managed the fight on first try.

Also, during one of the sliding moments in the sewer, she. That trailer music started playing I was smiling so much lol.

The game vibe is very chill. Just doing the dungeons and exploring is really nice.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Damn, Electric Underground just dropped the bomb on this game and exposed it for the shallow experience I was afraid it might be.
His opinion on a good game is far outside the norm. I often don’t agree with his take but at least he can decently explain why he doesn’t like something or does.

I personally lost interest in this game at the wastelands.

The game holding my attention currently is Jedi survivor. It’s basically this game but better in every way.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
His opinion on a good game is far outside the norm. I often don’t agree with his take but at least he can decently explain why he doesn’t like something or does.

I personally lost interest in this game at the wastelands.

The game holding my attention currently is Jedi survivor. It’s basically this game but better in every way.
I am know. For bad opinions here.
I give you my crown good sir and abdicate

The game is so good. Not sure how far I am. Feels pretty far.
I’ve just beaten THAT boss. Incredible design and fight. I’ve been waiting for that moment since the old trailers. Wow.
I wish we had more interaction before that fight just to showcase the design more.
It must be one of best looking character designs I’ve ever seen.
I had to use the wb pump but I managed the fight on first try.

Also, during one of the sliding moments in the sewer, she. That trailer music started playing I was smiling so much lol.

The game vibe is very chill. Just doing the dungeons and exploring is really nice.

I wouldn't have minded more interaction and difficulty with that boss. I'm annoyed for having so much trouble with the previous one instead of this. It feels a bit unfair.

The music that plays during the battle is beautiful, too.

Better music? Nope. Combat? nope. Bugs? Yes, quite a lot. Up there with Bethesda.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I wouldn't have minded more interaction and difficulty with that boss. I'm annoyed for having so much trouble with the previous one instead of this. It feels a bit unfair.

The music that plays during the battle is beautiful, too.

Better music? Nope. Combat? nope. Bugs? Yes, quite a lot. Up there with Bethesda.
I haven’t run into bugs.

Music here is good in JS. Very in line with what I want to hear in a Star Wars game. Music is subjective. I’m not going to debate that I prefer the OST for SB too since I love niers music.

Combat? I put it on hard mode in JS and getting wrecked often. It’s challenging and fun on harder difficulties and doesn’t hand hold me to assume I’m a retard who needs to complete it on baby mode to get a hard mode unlocked.

SB combat of what I played never challenged me even once.

Better characters ? Better story? Better side quests and world exploration? No use of yellow tape? Better voice acting? Better dialogue? All go to Jedi survivor.

I’m not here to shit up the SN thread. I’ll likely come back to the game later in the year when I’m feeling it more, but currently it didn’t do it for me at all.

I even asked in here earlier if I should stick with it and when it gets good/better but no one answered. Either it’s hooking you instantly or not seems to be all there is to it.

I’ve often found a game needs right time for me to get absorbed in it. Elden ring I didn’t get into until months after release. I played 20 hours on launch, bailed, then came back later when I was feeling it. Same thing could happen here.

Hell same thing happened with jedi survivor because I tried it at launch. Performance was meh so I bailed. Now I’m loving it.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Damn, Electric Underground just dropped the bomb on this game and exposed it for the shallow experience I was afraid it might be.

Feel, listen man, in this case it's pretty easy :
Download the demo from PSN, you like it ? Fine, go buy it .
You don't like it ? Don't get it.

This what demos are for (and this is a pretty good one), no need to form an opinion around someone else's 👍

PS : I played the demo for 8 hours, combat system is fucking amazing, there's nothing shallow about it.
Put some good music AND graphics into the mix and we there's a winner, the tits and ass are just silly fan service.

You know which game was shallow (but still good) ? Nier Automata (combat was the epitome of mediocre).
Also, remember that X-blade game during the ps360 era ? Now THAT'S what I'd call shallow mate, absolutely dreadful stuff, both gameplay and esthetically wise😉

cheers

Last edited:

Yoshi97

I haven’t run into bugs.

Music here is good in JS. Very in line with what I want to hear in a Star Wars game. Music is subjective. I’m not going to debate that I prefer the OST for SB too since I love niers music.

Combat? I put it on hard mode in JS and getting wrecked often. It’s challenging and fun on harder difficulties and doesn’t hand hold me to assume I’m a retard who needs to complete it on baby mode to get a hard mode unlocked.

SB combat of what I played never challenged me even once.

Better characters ? Better story? Better side quests and world exploration? No use of yellow tape? Better voice acting? Better dialogue? All go to Jedi survivor.

I’m not here to shit up the SN thread. I’ll likely come back to the game later in the year when I’m feeling it more, but currently it didn’t do it for me at all.

I even asked in here earlier if I should stick with it and when it gets good/better but no one answered. Either it’s hooking you instantly or not seems to be all there is to it.

I’ve often found a game needs right time for me to get absorbed in it. Elden ring I didn’t get into until months after release. I played 20 hours on launch, bailed, then came back later when I was feeling it. Same thing could happen here.

Hell same thing happened with jedi survivor because I tried it at launch. Performance was meh so I bailed. Now I’m loving it.
I've only played the demo so far of SB but it reminded me of fallen order/survivor (and nier obvi) which is why I'm considering picking the game up haha. I just recently played both fallen order and survior and absolutely loved both those games. Feel like games that we used to get a lot more of in the past (i mean they are pretty much traditional 3d zelda likes to an extent), and if SB is anything like them (even if it's not as good) I'm pretty excited to play it.

ssringo

Wrapped up my first run at about 34 hours yesterday and working through NG+. I think it's my front runner for GotY but there's enough little annoyances that I can't say for sure right now. The fact that there's actually new stuff to obtain and work towards in NG+ is a big plus though. Other games will shove that in and do nothing with it.

I haven't really followed much of the dialogue around the game so I have no clue if I'm alone in this opinion but I know quite a lot of people were fawning over Tachy just from the demo:

Raven > Tachy

Not in a I cAn FiX hEr! way. Appearance, voice work and much more interesting as a character. Also, the outfit unlocked after finishing the game is the best looking one. Ya'll can keep the skirts, swimsuits and lingerie.

Last edited:
FYI if anyone missed the last can in the Spire area, you can get it fishing with Strange Bait in the Oasis, here is video proof:

I've got a handful of trophies left to plat, going to be annoying figuring out which 2 camps I missed for the Explorer trophy but indications are they are on Eidos 9.

Atrus

Gold Member
FYI if anyone missed the last can in the Spire area, you can get it fishing with Strange Bait in the Oasis, here is video proof:

I've got a handful of trophies left to plat, going to be annoying figuring out which 2 camps I missed for the Explorer trophy but indications are they are on Eidos 9.

There are 2 camps for the last 2 story based boss fights after the point of no return that you’re going to want to save at anyway so they’re not really missable.

Each is surrounded by boxes that you can farm in the event you run out of resources since you can no longer travel about after you venture there.

There are 2 camps for the last 2 story based boss fights after the point of no return that you’re going to want to save at anyway so they’re not really missable.

Each is surrounded by boxes that you can farm in the event you run out of resources since you can no longer travel about after you venture there.

I know, those aren't the 2 I'm missing.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah the hairstyles don't make sense right now. The ponytail looks tacked on.

I beat Eidos 7 in hard mode new game +. This is how you do NG+. You keep getting weapon cores and beta/health cores again which boost your stats further. Gear also drops in boosted form with higher increases. Even extra skills to unlock. And new costumes.

So far, on an completed save Hard mode feels easier because you're fully decked out.

The main issue I have in the game is the "Gear" subsection, rather than having all these 1 star 2 star 3 star versions they should have been one of each and be upgradable like the spines.

This becomes such a problem on Newgame+ because the category is already flooded at the end of the first playthrough and worse the 1 star MK2's are worse than the 3 star originals, making them utterly pointless.

I also think on the first Newgame+ they should unlock a 3rd exospine slot and 2 more gear slots. Would this trivialise the game? Maybe... but I think it would be more fun and mean that certain items arnt just utterly pointless in newgame+ (like omnibolts)

Finally they should let you access the hair menu anywhere in Newgame+ I mean for the first playthrough it's fine to lock it behind world building, but I think after that having it available anywhere would be cool.

Inuteu

my short review after defeating the third boss Gigas:

wow I didnt expect to like the game this much

If you are a souls fan, this game is for you

is pratically sekiro with a juicy ass. Its all there: bonfires, secret paths, short cuts, amazing boss fights

the boss battles are memorable

the negatives so far: the music is repetitive and anoying. and eve sounds like Lara Croft

I don't understand the changes to the bunny outfit. There are outfits way more slutty than that.

Anyway, I thought I would just stop playing this game and never come back. But I'm addicted. Exploration and combat are fun. Q

swing_harder

Neo Member
Damn you guys...convinced me to pull the trigger! I was currently 80 hours into the Witcher 3 and need a little change of pace. I didn't play the SB demo so I'm going in blind. Any settings that I should adjust? I'm thinking about turning on the auto loot feature. I'm wandering why that isn't on by default. Any downside to turning it on? Also, turning off film grain and motion blur. Any others (long pony tail or short...lol)?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Really dug the game up till like the 4th fuel cell recovery. It feel like they just kinda shoehorned modes into the game, first swords, then guns, than swords again, and guns again. I dunno im not into fetch quests in this game as they really dont give you things needed to progress. So Im B lining it to the endgame and maybe I'll go back some day but IM kinda over it. I don't care for fashion games, or haircuts, etc. Im not knocking anyone who likes this stuff just isn't for me. Games a Solid 8/10 for me. Wish I would have waited for a sale and not 70.00 however FOMO got me again.

Damn you guys...convinced me to pull the trigger! I was currently 80 hours into the Witcher 3 and need a little change of pace. I didn't play the SB demo so I'm going in blind. Any settings that I should adjust? I'm thinking about turning on the auto loot feature. I'm wandering why that isn't on by default. Any downside to turning it on? Also, turning off film grain and motion blur. Any others (long pony tail or short...lol)?

Long pony tail is better, its physics are great and it looks very cool in motion. No downside to the other stuff. I kept mine off just because I don't mind pressing buttons.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Best thing I can tell you is to turn on Asian Voiceovers. The guy is probably the most "DULL" character I ever seen.

Top Bottom