• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calistan

IMG-4010.jpg
Stettar Blade? Cancel this game, that is a typographical abomination.

GymWolf

Some reviews say that this is pretty much a parry focused game and that learning parry is paramount to beat the game.

Since i don't trust reviewers i need someone to finish the game and tell me if the evade everything playstyle is doable.

Some reviews say that this is pretty much a parry focused game and that learning parry is paramount to beat the game.

Since i don't trust reviewers i need someone to finish the game and tell me if the evade everything playstyle is doable.
At least with Fightingcowboy's review, he said "evading" is a very viable strategy in the game, for people who don't like parrying

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I find parrying easier than dodging in some situations. You’ll get down your own method, especially as you upgrade your skills.

Filben

From the demo I've found parrying much easier than dodging and I generally suck at parrying in games. I always tend to get the timing wrong, but in SB it felt a bit easier.

That's of course not answering your questions but maybe encourage you to give it try even in case dodging will turn out not as viable.

Been playing for the past 5 hours, the game is lit as fuck. God-tier combat, god-tier protagonist, god-tier soundtrack. I'm surprised at how much opportunity there is to explore each environment, much more than something like DMC/Bayo and the verticality is impressive too.

I'd put the parry system in the same category as Lies of P which is to say not that intuitive (I have the plat trophy), especially coming off Rise of the Ronin which was near perfect in this regard (I have the plat trophy). Other than that not much to criticize at this point, Nier composer putting that work in, at times if I closed my eyes I'd think it was Automata 👌

Last edited:

Reaseru

Wait... I thought only bigoted virgins who never saw a real woman play games like this.

In a way, we are all bigoted virgins who never touched a real woman...like Jim Sterling, the ones the far-left loves. They/them wished that, but no one does or intents to.

DonF

My girlfriend has a lingerie set that's almost identical to the first 2 gifs. I think I'll be asking her to wear it again tonight. :D She can mount my Stellar Blade!!
My partner too, in red. And she can't parry my thrust attacks.

Last edited:

DonF

that guy is an absolute joke, he’s been pushing for SBI and other DEI junk on Twitter for months, he even openly claims that they would have made Stellar Blade a better game 🙄

I hate all dei stuff but thats not what he is saying. He is saying that a better story would have made it a better game, not Sweet baby involvement.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hate all dei stuff but thats not what he is saying. He is saying that a better story would have made it a better game, not Sweet baby involvement.
Dude attributes DEI nonsense and SBi involvement to quality writing and has for months now. He doesn’t know a good story if it bit him in the ass.

DonF

Dude attributes DEI nonsense and SBi involvement to quality writing and has for months now. He doesn’t know a good story if it bit him in the ass.
Yeah, no doubt about it, even if I dont follow the guy, but thats not what he is saying on that tweet. He is saying that a better story would have made it a better game, not sweet baby's involvement, particularly.

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
Been playing for the past 5 hours, the game is lit as fuck. God-tier combat, god-tier protagonist, god-tier soundtrack. I'm surprised at how much opportunity there is to explore each environment, much more than something like DMC/Bayo and the verticality is impressive too.

I'd put the parry system in the same category as Lies of P which is to say not that intuitive (I have the plat trophy), especially coming off Rise of the Ronin which was near perfect in this regard (I have the plat trophy). Other than that not much to criticize at this point, Nier composer putting that work in, at times if I closed my eyes I'd think it was Automata 👌
Funny you mention Rise of the Ronin along with this game. I'm debating getting that or Stellar Blade. Would you say you're enjoying this one more than RoTR?

NT80

What's funny is that some of the posters on the Stellar Blade thread actually expressed enthusiasm for the game and are going to buy it themselves. I would've liked to seen him brow beat them to see if he'd have gotten banned.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Last edited:
bayo simps are weird creatures.

It might be more nuanced than that.

The way he writes tells me he might be a fellow Spaniard, which would make sense because my country is rich in this sub-human species featuring hatred for Sony, posturing love for Nintendo (Their first Nintendo was Switch. Bayonetta is just their last fashionable item). Everything he says fits in the narrative of local reviewers/YouTubers. They call this game "Plagionetta" despite having no resemblance to Bayo.

Verdict: unhinged.

Crayon

The way he writes tells me he might be a fellow Spaniard, which would make sense because my country is rich in this sub-human species featuring hatred for Sony, posturing love for Nintendo (Their first Nintendo was Switch. Bayonetta is just their last fashionable item). Everything he says fits in the narrative of local reviewers/YouTubers. They call this game "Plagionetta" despite having no resemblance to Bayo.

1e3a8335-2f72-4ae5-9990-b1907ff725fc_text.gif

RaduN

That's quite a collection of driveby posts you have there including before the game even released.

You're a strange soul.
He's not wrong though.

This game might be polished and pretty, but it doesn't bring anything other games (DMC, Bayo, Nier) haven't already done much better to the table.

nial

Gold Member

Spaniard, you say?
P1IbsNb.jpeg

Doomtrain

This honestly doesn’t feel much like a character action game to me. Way heavier and with more consequence to each action. I’m not a huge fan of DmC or Bayonetta but I’m enjoying this so far.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This guy says the game is OK - better wait for sale... meanwhile he is kinda also praising it.
And he says it graphically looks like Surge games. wtf are these people smoking

This guy says the game is OK - better wait for sale... meanwhile he is kinda also praising it.
And he says it graphically looks like Surge games. wtf are these people smoking

lol what? The surge? It's the first PS5 game I've played since Demon Souls Remake that actually feels next-gen. The ocean waves look amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom