• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordCBH

Punished Miku

Gold Member
IGN is calling the game racist

Someone is going to have to explain this one to me. What does Hard R even mean? I've never heard this in my life. Is that supposed to be something offensive?

hinch7

Not for me but seems like a solid game, skimming through some of the reviews and having played the demo.

mortal

Gold Member
It's reviewing rather well despite some of the reviewers going into it ready to hate it for the sex appeal.
It's safe to say it would be higher taking that particular bias into account.

Jim and I are gonna be like this Friday
T7C9XjC.gif

Metnut

Curious how the environments/exploration are if the story is weak. From are the only games with no story that I buy because the rest of the package is so good.

Why the fuck do Asian developers constantly hide the "hard" difficulty behind beating the game? The vast majority of the time I only play games once. Absolutely inexcusable

Madflavor

I'm seeing 82 on MC with 97 reviews.

Why the fuck do Asian developers constantly hide the "hard" difficulty behind beating the game? The vast majority of the time I only play games once. Absolutely inexcusable

They think Americans suck at video games.

Last edited:

ssringo

Sure. I'll risk my first ban to spell it out for anyone not getting it due to language barriers or unfamiliarity with the subject.

"Nigga" is the less offensive version used between people. Can be a friendly "whats up my nigga?! Haw ya doing?!" *fist bump*. Or confrontational like in a schoolyard fight "what's up then nigga!" *punches in face*

"NiggeR" is the slur and the one used historically (check out Django Unchained). It's said with a "Hard R".

Someone is going to have to explain this one to me. What does Hard R even mean? I've never heard this in my life. Is that supposed to be something offensive?

No ban please?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sure. I'll risk my first ban to spell it out for anyone not getting it due to language barriers or unfamiliarity with the subject.

"Nigga" is the less offensive version used between people. Can be a friendly "whats up my nigga?! Haw ya doing?!" *fist bump*. Or confrontational like in a schoolyard fight "what's up then nigga!" *punches in face*

"NiggeR" is the slur and the one used historically (check out Django Unchained). It's said with a "Hard R".

No ban please?
Yeah, someone else explained it. I mean if they want to remove that, it's fine. I genuinely would have never even noticed it, so it's nothing lost really if they take it out. I guess I just never think about that word ever. Didn't even occur to me.

Garibaldi

No ban please?
Thanks for the clarification. I understand why they are patching it but technically it's says Hard R Shop. But hey ho.

Demo seemed kind of meh to me but I’m glad it’s getting good reviews for those looking forward to it. Seems like people overestimated the negativity reviewers would have. I think it speaks to the fact that there are more reviewers with at least a little integrity than we thought, and that for all of the reviewers pandering to one crowd, there are others who will swing the opposite way. At the end of the day removing all the drama it seems were left with a solid action game.

I’ll probably check it out after a price drop or on PC but I’m kind of burned out after getting the plat in Ronin.

Demo seemed kind of meh to me but I’m glad it’s getting good reviews for those looking forward to it. Seems like people overestimated the negativity reviewers would have. I think it speaks to the fact that there are more reviewers with at least a little integrity than we thought, and that for all of the reviewers pandering to one crowd, there are others who will swing the opposite way. At the end of the day removing all the drama it seems were left with a solid action game.

I’ll probably check it out after a price drop or on PC but I’m kind of burned out after getting the plat in Ronin.
In reality, the people who care one way or the other add up to like 2% of gamers. Most people don't give a shit. It's just loud people on Twitter and forums screaming at the top of their lungs

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Real review from real gamer.

82 seem offending if starfield got 83.... Granted, We've not played the game yet but it's such a breath of fresh air.
Halo Infinite got 87 metascore and that is the biggest turd of 21st century.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don’t google hotglue reddit

Also the fuck nobody played bayonetta?

Last edited:

SaintALia

It's reviewing rather well despite some of the reviewers going into it ready to hate it for the sex appeal.
It's safe to say it would be higher taking that particular bias into account.
Doubt that has anything to do with it much. It's an non-Western action game that isn't a cover shooter. I'm surprised it's scoring this well. I think only Bayo 2 ended up in the 90 MC range from what I remember. Neither Neir 2 or DMC5 saw 90 MC.

I've only seen one review that leans into that anti-sex appeal stuff and it isn't even listed in the OP(in that review it got 5/10).

mortal

Gold Member
Doubt that has anything to do with it much. It's an non-Western action game that isn't a cover shooter. I'm surprised it's scoring this well. I think only Bayo 2 ended up in the 90 MC range from what I remember. Neither Neir 2 or DMC5 saw 90 MC.

I've only seen one review that leans into that anti-sex appeal stuff and it isn't even listed in the OP(in that review it got 5/10).
I never said it would be in the 90s range, it is reviewing rather well, after all. One reviewer openly admits to it, but some other reviews do criticize the sex appeal in their reviews, which would likely be a reason to score it lower.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The game would be sitting at 88 if it werent for the clearly biased reviews because of EVE body

Take out the scores where they criticise and focus in on the sexualisation and the score would probably be close to 90 right now.

I'd say an 85 without the biased reviews. Sad that everything has to be political like this. Either way I'm buying it this week, because I like fun games and I 100% will support new dev studios that lean into stuff like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom