• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Score Prediction Thread

Where does the review aggregate score for Stellar Blade lands at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GLSfiSpaYAAIFex

The reviews for Stellar Blade on PS5 will go live in a few short days on April 24, so let's try to predict where the OpenCritic/MetaCritic score might land.

Of course, there will be a separate review thread once the embargo lifts, so we'll use this one just for score predictions. 😊

DelireMan7

81/85. Maybe less.

Combat looks very good. The rest sounds pretty ok without being incredible.
Add to that all the polemics around female body...

A good action game but nothing groundbreaking

Mr Hyde

The demo was solid and showed promise of a great game. I think the quality will be there. It has all the signs of a stellar action game in the vein of Nier, with much higher production values as a big selling point. But points will most likely be deducted for the sexy protagonist with reviewers calling it misogyny or sexual objectification.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No idea honestly. I played the demo and found the combat, story, and level design lacking. However, it has gotten a fuck ton of publisher marketing, from Sony. Only recent game I can think of that reminds me of that is FFXVI.

Predicting high 80s. But the hype bubble will break in 2 months. Lots of people will like it. Lots will call it overrated. Generally well made but divisive game.

Last edited:

Complistic

86. This games fun, and Sony is involved so there won't be as much review scores dropped as people are expecting. They won't want to miss out on future review copies.

Last edited:

Fake

85~90, but knowing how political unstable reviewers are, I don't expect much.

2024 will eat them alive.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm almost sure the critics are ready to pounce on this game, taking into account the amount of disservice against it.

I hope I'm wrong. If thats the case I would risk lows 80 and best 90.

Belthazar

I feel like it will be around 85 and that it'll be a fair score to what the game delivers.

I also feel like the sluggishness of the combat will dock it a lot more points than whatever political narrative people come up with.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

88. Haven't tried the demo but heard good things.

Definitely could get a lower score cause of cuck bias though. Could see it settling at 83.

Aenima

If thers a game i dont need reviewers opinions about, is this one. A Dont give a fuck out of 10. GOTY contender.

My predition is that it will land in the 87 MC, maybe lower depending how many purple and blue hairs review it.

Almost there, cant wait. Just noticed i clocked 5 hours in the demo.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It’ll get marked down deliberately by the usual sources.

Bayonetta got a 10 in EDGE but they’ll give this a 6 because ‘reasons’

Madflavor

74 - 82

Pros
Gameplay
Music
Visuals
Performance

Cons
Narrative
Characters
Repetitive bosses
Level design

I think it’s going to get mostly 8s, with a few 9s and 6-7s sprinkled in that will average it out around the mid to high 70s. There will likely be a couple of bad actor reviewers that will score it low due to the sexualization. The User Score will assuredly be higher than the Critic.

85+ ain’t happening. People loved Lies of P and that has an 80 on MC.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d be a tad disappointed if there were a lot of repetitive bosses. I want to say 80-85. The game could suffer from their fear of 🐈

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I want to say 85…but we know certain outlets are going to lower that score significantly because of T&A. That’s why I don’t even look at scores any more.

Gexxy1

It's one of the few action games I've had fun playing recently. Combines the best parts of Dark Souls/Nier and removes the stuff I didn't like.

I think the story will ultimately decide how high this score gets, but I'm expecting in the 80-84 range.

GHound

It'll be 69 and the later reviewers will try to push it off of that number but go opposite directions trying to do it and leave it at exactly 69.

Aenima

I swear I feel like we’re in the minority here thinking this. The game feels clunky and unfun.
If you spend some time in the training skills area and actually learn how the combat system is suposed to work. You will change you opinion once you start fighting like a boss pulling crazy moves. This game is not a button mashing game, and require more skill. Once you are familiar with the combat system is alot of fun.

I played my 1st run by intuition from what i learned from siliar games, and i enjoyed it but only once i learned how the combat system is suposed to work, was when i started having alot of fun with the demo and the combat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom