• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
THANK GOD I DIDN'T STAY IN AMC!!!!!!

147.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Got my AMC stocks for free, so I'm not worried about that lol.

Also lol at GameStop being delisted.

Oh so when these hedge fund fuckers manipulate the market then it's fine. but when average people have access to that, oh noes shut it all down.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Not just RH

Those stocks and others are “not supported” on Robinhood, according to a note on at least one of its platforms Thursday. On Wednesday, Charles Schwab Corp.’s TD Ameritrade also curtailed transactions on GameStop, AMC and other securities.

GameStop had surged more than 40% earlier, momentarily pushing the stock above $500.

Last edited:
Doesn’t all of WSB already claim to be retarded?

Being degenerate and retarded are not the same thing. Being retarded is to be mentally slow or just having no idea what you are doing. Being degenerate in the sense they are talking about is more like "I'm taking actions I know are risky and involve an intense high, and that this could lead to riskier behavior over time that will ruin my entire life." They propagate a culture where people get addicted to the thrill of seeing intense highs/lows. Basically hardcore gambling addicts with the stock market.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
I made $10k profit.
Sold at 8:00am

For reference I am 28 years old, married, have a 1 year old daughter and I work a commission sales job making $70k a year while going to school full time for my MBA.
Last week I had $15k in my checking account.
If they actually let us move the profit from Robinhood without any weirdness I’ll have $25k in my checking acct. I cannot tell you all how huge this was for me.

Last edited:

Cravis

Sucks. Shows that when the big guys manipulate the market, it’s a-ok. Let the little guys manipulate the market and all hell breaks loose. A big no-no.

Lesson learned. All the little guys should pull every dime out of the market and invest in Bitcoin. See what happens to the market then.

Dunki

lol

Throughout social media, angry users reported the inability to buy the stock — only to sell. As of Thursday morning, searching for the GME ticker will not yield GameStop as a result.

Furious users took to Twitter to bash the company, including Barstool Sports’ Dave Portnoy, who became a popular trader as the pandemic shuttered sports and fans turned to the markets.

“Either @RobinhoodApp allows free trading like they say they do or they die. It’s really that simple,” Portnoy tweeted. Robinhood also stopped customers from purchasing shares of AMC Entertainment (AMC) and Nokia (NOK), two other stocks that have gotten huge boosts from the Reddit forum.

finowns

I made $10k profit.

For reference I am 28 years old, married, have a 1 year old daughter and I work a commission sales job making $70k a year while going to school full time for my MBA.
If they actually let us move the profit from Robinhood without any weirdness I’ll have $25k in my checking acct. I cannot tell you all how huge this was for me.
Transfers from robinhood to your bank account are easy it might take 2-3 days to show up in your account though.

FunkMiller

I made $10k profit.

Wow. Congrats, dude. That's so cool :messenger_clapping: :messenger_clapping:

Dunki

GME!!! AMC AND EXPR ARE HALTED.
Its back if you watch the Yahoo chart. And it is climbing XD

Margin requirements are increasing on all brokers. MARGIN REQUIREMENTS are now 300% on IR FOR OPTIONS.

What does hat mean XD

edit: Back to 400 XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
GME still rocketing back up past $400 even with this insane blockage from Robinhood.

SpartanN92

Banned
Wow. Congrats, dude. That's so cool :messenger_clapping: :messenger_clapping:
Thank you! Honestly I would have held on longer but the next step will be the government puts an end to this and people lose everything.
I might have just pissed away way more profit but I still made an amazing amount. If I didn’t have my daughter I’d have ridden it out. I’ve got a buddy who is riding or dying and he won’t accept the possibility that the government WILL stop this.

Nester99

Broker apps are all owned by hedge funds.... you will need new tools. Robinhood about to commit some serious fraud to bail out its owners

Dunki

Thank you! Honestly I would have held on longer but the next step will be the government puts an end to this and people lose everything.
I might have just pissed away way more profit but I still made an amazing amount. If I didn’t have my daughter I’d have ridden it out. I’ve got a buddy who is riding or dying and he won’t accept the possibility that the government WILL stop this.
This would piss people off even more. Espically with Biden. There is no way they can do that without causing riots XD

Top Bottom