• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've been checked out for a while, but any idea what's causing GME and AMC to start going up again?

ManofOne

Plus Member
It's almost like an addiction lol

Keep trying to diversify into other sectors but i always come back to tech stocks with the exception of my ETFs which are in energy and water, but that's only 15%

I think more than ever its important to diversify you won't be able to diversify large low probablity risk like a sudden market capitulation but

event risk like yield curve and inflation you can.

I think more than ever its important to diversify you won't be able to diversify large low probablity risk like a sudden market capitulation but

event risk like yield curve and inflation you can.

Is it a good time to go into bonds? I'm not all that familiar but i was thinking short term treasury from what i looked up

ManofOne

Plus Member
Is it a good time to go into bonds? I'm not all that familiar but i was thinking short term treasury from what i looked up

No. Yields are down so prices are up. If they do raise rates (which I doubt) you're end up holding the bag. Its better to buy strong financials or energy.

TIPS are NEGATIVE right now.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne ManofOne what are some good energy plays right now?

Right now the usual winners ( I have two portoflios one with pure equities and one with a mix of bonds and equities).

I have three stocks in Energy plus one ETF - OKE, XOM, COP and XLE (etf)

My fav financial stocks are - MS, JPM and ALLY. With alternative finance stocks SQ and PAYPAL.

Commodity Stocks I have FCX, LTHM, TX, BBL , TECK (Small investment).

Real Estate - SPG, ROIC, with a small investment in Zillow.

I dunno when this rotation away from Tech will end. I could end tomm but the yield curve right now is causing problems for tech.

Sold off alternative energy etfs like TAN, ICLN a while back

Last edited:

BigBooper

Right now the usual winners ( I have two portoflios one with pure equities and one with a mix of bonds and equities).

I have three stocks in Energy plus one ETF - OKE, XOM, COP and XLE (etf)

My fav financial stocks are - MS, JPM and ALLY. With alternative finance stocks SQ and PAYPAL.

Commodity Stocks I have FCX, LTHM, TX, BBL , TECK (Small investment).

Real Estate - SPG, ROIC, with a small investment in Zillow.

I dunno when this rotation away from Tech will end. I could end tomm but the yield curve right now is causing problems for tech.

Sold off alternative energy etfs like TAN, ICLN a while back
Do the banks not worry you? If we have a huge correction, it always seems one or more of the big banks dirty laundry is aired out.

I'm too skeered. Holding a lot in money market for now. BTW, it seems a lot of people are trying to call in for physical silver. I have a couple a friends who trade physical a lot, and one of their dealers said you can get it, but it costs a big premium and will take a month+.

I agree energy is a good way to go right now. Oil and gas prices will continue to rise with the current US administration.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Do the banks not worry you? If we have a huge correction, it always seems one or more of the big banks dirty laundry is aired out.

I'm too skeered. Holding a lot in money market for now. BTW, it seems a lot of people are trying to call in for physical silver. I have a couple a friends who trade physical a lot, and one of their dealers said you can get it, but it costs a big premium and will take a month+.

I agree energy is a good way to go right now. Oil and gas prices will continue to rise with the current US administration.

I use to work for one of the big banks they do worry me to an extent with regards to some exposure risk but BASEL 1, 2, 3 has removed most of that risk and increased regulation of bank's balance sheet.

So off the balance sheet items and hiding them in SPVs are mostly no longer a thing.

Most banking risk is event and regulatory risk now.

Trading risk could become a thing but even then "to big to fail" proves that banking will always be safe.

GHG

Gold Member
Me watching the CCIV fallout after selling off "too early" due to my "paper hands" last week when I was in profit:

tenor.gif

To the moon they said.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Me watching the CCIV fallout after selling off "too early" due to my "paper hands" last week when I was in profit:

tenor.gif

To the moon they said.

Lol, merging with a company with realistically no sales.

It was valued at $24 billion. So that means that the price its being merged at is $15.

So for every dollar you are paying $1.6 billion dollars. Meaning at its current price,

$57 dollars, its market cap would be $91 billion dollars. The thinking here seems to be relative valuation based on EV peers as well.

Which is nonsense valuation.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
was expecting the month end dip and I still fomo into arkf last Friday. crushed! going to hold for a year, don't expect any large moves, hopefully a 15% return by year end. at least arkf holdings seem more liquid than the other ark funds.

Komatsu

Bought a fair bit of PBR today - Brazil's president apparently replaced the company's CEO and that heavy-handed intervention sent the stock price down the drain. It's a state-owned oil company (SOC) so as most SOCs it'll eventually bounce back. I made decent scratch with Gazprom EDR, bought it as it was under 4 and now it's past 6 usd a share.

My former employer Chevron Corp also saw a significant recovery in the last four months. Not a bad time for O&G at all.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
was expecting the month end dip and I still fomo into arkf last Friday. crushed! going to hold for a year, don't expect any large moves, hopefully a 15% return by year end. at least arkf holdings seem more liquid than the other ark funds.

I'm stuck in ARKK at the moment.

With the amount it's weighted towards Tesla I may as well have just bloody bought Tesla.

longdi

Banned
I'm stuck in ARKK at the moment.

With the amount it's weighted towards Tesla I may as well have just bloody bought Tesla.

imo ark and other thematic etf are done for the rest of the year. maybe a slight bump with the next stimulus checks.

going to hull down for the 10% correction predicted next month. self fulfilling prophecy of the market it seems :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

PSYGN

Bought a fair bit of PBR today - Brazil's president apparently replaced the company's CEO and that heavy-handed intervention sent the stock price down the drain. It's a state-owned oil company (SOC) so as most SOCs it'll eventually bounce back. I made decent scratch with Gazprom EDR, bought it as it was under 4 and now it's past 6 usd a share.

My former employer Chevron Corp also saw a significant recovery in the last four months. Not a bad time for O&G at all.

Ohhhhh PBR... I bought some PBJ shit I was looking at the wrong type of stock.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
OBSV has a catalyst the 24th. If you can get in 4.60-4.80 you can make a quick buck.
MKrEUlk.jpg

CLNN has their catalyst on the 25th. Not sure exactly yet what I would say get it at, she's down, but can make a few bucks for you.
9JxqcTA.jpg

Long hold: WATT
She jumped up on hype but fell. If the rumors prove true, it's gonna pay off. Long range wireless charging
lxtFxKw.jpg
lvCjukm.jpg

BTCY: catalyst in June of this year. Just set a record in profits for the 3rd quarter and has had a year over year 140% revenue increase. Catalyst is June.
Spent all morning trying to get in at 1.80 😒 hopefully tomorrow I grab some.
nbohNDr.jpg

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
wow all red, here comes the correction since there is not going to be any pump able news to save our asses

arkf dead
icln dead

longdi

Banned
Being wiped out pre market.

I'm done for now, no more holding stocks for me. Day trades only, this is only going to get worse.

no choice but to average down your arkk. it's an etf, at least there is a better chance of recovery than a single stock

ManofOne

Plus Member
Being wiped out pre market.

I'm done for now, no more holding stocks for me. Day trades only, this is only going to get worse.

Reduce your average price. ARKK will go back up over the course of the year. It just market manipulators triggering something here.

Top Bottom