• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Story of Seasons coming to Switch

kw56yaispaay.jpg

Haven't seen this posted anywhere. Please lock, if old.

Nintendo Switch software (Jp)

I will say this means we have Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, AND Stardew Valley all in one console. The farming market is busy.

It is pretty much the perfect platform for those games (and Independent Developers in general, I feel) next to PC.

Unrelated, but the release of both Fast Racing and Redout on Switch pretty much killed the urgency of a new F-Zero because this market is already taken care of :/
Just give F-Zero to Shin'en, Nintendo! Some art/assets can be made in Japan if you want some higher production value, but even color switching mechanic isn't that unfitting to F-Zero.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I get the feeling some might think it's a port of the 3DS game. It's the Bokujo Monogatari series if that makes things clearer for some (which was Harvest Moon before The Lost Valley and became Story of Seasons). We don't know what it'll be yet, but it's more than likely the next entry.

I get the feeling some might think it's a port of the 3DS game. It's the Bokujo Monogatari series if that makes things clearer for some (which was Harvest Moon before The Lost Valley and became Story of Seasons). We don't know what it'll be yet, but it's more than likely the next entry.

I could see some still getting confused by the name if they aren't in the loop and I think it could be the next entry.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is an updated port of Trio of Towns since that came out just last year in Japan and is coming out in Q1 2017 in NA last time I checked.

ar4757

I saw that and noticed no one ever mentioned it on here. Over on the Rune Factory reddit I pointed this out along with Yoshifumi Hashimoto (the series producer) teasing 2017 games. I predict not just a new Story of Seasons but Rune Factory 5/Spinoff on the Switch

In my dreams that is

I saw that and noticed no one ever mentioned it on here. Over on the Rune Factory reddit I pointed this out along with Yoshifum Hashimoto (the series producer) teasing 2017 games. I predict not just a new Story of Seasons but Rune Factory 5/Spinoff on the Switch

In my dreams that is

I would LOVE a new Rune Factory game! Still haven't beaten 4, but it's one of my top favorite 3DS games that I have owned and own on the system. Even more than a new Story of Seasons since Trio of Towns should be coming out soon anyway.

NoKisum

Semi-off-topic, but do we know if the Switch will be sold without the dock? I just showed my girl this news, as well as Stardew Valley for the first time. She claims we shouldn't get these games because I'll never get my system back from her lol. And she doesn't have any type of HDTV at her place (nor want to for unrelated reasons), so an extra dock would be useless.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Semi-off-topic, but do we know if the Switch will be sold without the dock? I just showed my girl this news, as well as Stardew Valley for the first time. She claims we shouldn't get these games because I'll never get my system back from her lol. And she doesn't have any type of HDTV at her place (nor want to for unrelated reasons), so an extra dock would be useless.

All Switch come with the Dock but if it will be useless you can always sell it to someone who will want it at a cheaper price.

It's interesting to see story of seasons because until now it's been 3DS exclusive right? This, the bravely default team game, SMT shows more and more that nintendo is going to phase out the 3ds very soon to give way to the switch. I think they are mostly waiting initial sales and time for some games, like pokémon, to formally announce some games that we only saw on the 3ds.

Jonnax

What's up with the whole harvest moon / story of seasons thing?

Because that title is Bokujyou Monogatari which if I recall correctly is what Harvest Moon's Japanese name is.

Oregano

What's up with the whole harvest moon / story of seasons thing?

Because that title is Bokujyou Monogatari which if I recall correctly is what Harvest Moon's Japanese name is.

Natsume owns the Harvest Moon trademark but Marvelous wanted to bring the localisation of the series inhouse and thus Story of Seasons was born.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I could see some still getting confused by the name if they aren't in the loop and I think it could be the next entry.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is an updated port of Trio of Towns since that came out just last year in Japan and is coming out in Q1 2017 in NA last time I checked.

I think it'll just be the next one. Natsume had a habit of porting the latest entry to a new system, but I don't think XSEED will try to get them to do it for Trio of Towns so nobody will bother.

I saw that and noticed no one ever mentioned it on here. Over on the Rune Factory reddit I pointed this out along with Yoshifumi Hashimoto (the series producer) teasing 2017 games. I predict not just a new Story of Seasons but Rune Factory 5/Spinoff on the Switch

In my dreams that is

That would be wonderful. I'd love to see Rune Factory come back. After that weird Magna game the former Neverland devs made things just went silent on that front.

Top Bottom