• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranded: Alien Dawn

Freeman76

Is anyone playing this. Its basically Rimworld in 3d, bought it on a whim as I fancied a building/survival sim, and its really hard to put down.

Ive put tons of hours into Rimworld and always wondered why nobody has made a full 3d version of a game like that. Well, this is that game.

The similarities are abundant (almost to the point where Tynan must be wondering if they stole his laptop) but they managed to avoid it feeling like a rip off.

The controls are a bit dodgy on xbox but i'm getting used to them, even so its a very competent game and if you havent heard of it and you like survival/crafting games this is worth a look.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Having dumped several hundred hours into Rimworld, I'm definitely keen to try this out. The only reason I haven't is because of being drowned by the amount of new releases recently.

GHG

I've had it on my wishlist for a while and have been watching it closely since worth a buy did a preview of it on his channel.

I will definitely grab it at some point this year, just busy messing around with shadows of doubt at the moment (which is brilliant btw).

Freeman76

I saw this on the store last night. In your honest opinion, is it worth the £30?
100%

I would have been happy if I had paid £50 tbh, but then these games are my jam.

It will easily be 40 hours worth of gameplay, but possibly ten times that with all the different options/scenarios.

There are different game modes where the conditions for completion are different for example

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
100%

I would have been happy if I had paid £50 tbh, but then these games are my jam.

It will easily be 40 hours worth of gameplay, but possibly ten times that with all the different options/scenarios.

There are different game modes where the conditions for completion are different for example
Same here thats why it caught my eye. I think I remember reading about it ages ago but totally forgot about it until last night. Nice one Freeman, i'll grab that later then :)

..Now we just need Factorio on the Xbox!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I just started playing it the other day.

I was expecting it to scratch that State of Decay itch. It doesn't..and that's ok, lol. I'm still doing tutorials to get used to the systems, but its fun.

I replied to someone on Youtube that were having issues with the camera, only because I just figured it out myself....I was looking for help, lol.

Enjoy mate.

Definitely smash all the tutorials, its pretty complicated if you dont, as I discovered 😀
This 1000%, lol.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I randomly got this last week without even knowing that it's about to leave early access. I was just looking for something in that genre but in a sci-fi setting and with pad support, and this looked interesting.

It's a game that will fill some time during a drought, though. So far I only played a couple of tutorials until I was told to grab a spear and defend the settlement but all of my guys just panicked and scattered. Finna play this and figure it out some other time.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
God damn, these controls!

dZfQhlg.gif

Looks good though.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Well what can I say, apart from the fact this game utterly hooked me in and has been the only thing i've played since it released. I spent hours getting wiped out and only making it to day 39/40 until it clicked (And found another survivor, so that helped)

It reminds me of an early base building Sims game but with a lot more guts to it. The variations of bases you could create give it some serious legs too

Thanks Freeman for the nudge, I'd rate it as one of the best i've played in a while :messenger_sunglasses:

Now on year four and getting my arse handed to me, should have made more turrets, better walls, scavenged more.. hrrmm

Might have to start over, again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well what can I say, apart from the fact this game utterly hooked me in and has been the only thing i've played since it released. I spent hours getting wiped out and only making it to day 39/40 until it clicked (And found another survivor, so that helped)

It reminds me of an early base building Sims game but with a lot more guts to it. The variations of bases you could create give it some serious legs too

Thanks Freeman for the nudge, I'd rate it as one of the best i've played in a while :messenger_sunglasses:

Now on year four and getting my arse handed to me, should have made more turrets, better walls, scavenged more.. hrrmm

Might have to start over, again :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I was thinking of a way to describe this game, and a Sims vacation expansion is perfect.

Solarstrike

Just picked this up on Steam. Incredible game if you like detailed base management. Excellent and expansive story/scenarios, intuitive and user-friendly controls (things work or snap into where they are suppose to), outstanding animation(s), detailed graphics. Highly addictive gameplay. I cannot recommend this game enough, it's fantastic

cs3ijgB.jpg
teqx7F3.jpg
LdHyVRD.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom