• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange weather phenomenon in China. 3PM but dark as night and crazy thunder

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah well I think it was like 3 am, because even before this shitstorm starts, it looks like in ordinary night. There is a lot of videos of thunderstorms on the internet, which definitely does not look like it was during the night. So yeah let me press X to doubt on this one.

andrespi

I have seen it happen once in my life in my country (Italy). Extraordinary and rare, but certainly not unheard of. It was daytime (I was in elementary school so it must have been between 10-12 am), but it was like nightime (completely dark except for the thunders) and there was one of hell of a thunderstorm. From what I remember it didn't last long; an hour, maybe even less. The only time I saw the same phenomenon, I was in elementary school (so over 20 years ago), and it was really shocking not just for me but for the whole class. It literally got dark during the middle of the morning and there were lightnings like we never saw before (at least not to that extent).

Last edited:

Fret Runner

3989a4d1-8638-4954-8623-45e162505b83_screenshot.jpg

Only a Carpathian would come back to life now and choose China! Tasty pick, bat breath! If you had brain one in that huge melon on top of your neck, you would be living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

GAMETA

Banned
3989a4d1-8638-4954-8623-45e162505b83_screenshot.jpg

Only a Carpathian would come back to life now and choose China! Tasty pick, bat breath! If you had brain one in that huge melon on top of your neck, you would be living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Isn't CA the biggest turd in America, tho? I'd much rather live a calm life in Utah (as long as the mormons are not too crazy about a brazilian catholic living in their lands, lol) or Texas. I like Texas.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Isn't CA the biggest turd in America, tho? I'd much rather live a calm life in Utah (as long as the mormons are not too crazy about a brazilian catholic living in their lands, lol) or Texas. I like Texas.
California is a state full of incredible natural beauty and a lot of fun cities, amazing food, etc.

Just full of an insane amount of people and expensive as hell.

Last edited:

Mistake

Yeah well I think it was like 3 am, because even before this shitstorm starts, it looks like in ordinary night. There is a lot of videos of thunderstorms on the internet, which definitely does not look like it was during the night. So yeah let me press X to doubt on this one.
you doubters are fricken weird, I swear, more weird than this passing storm. I'm still in Beijing, and saw when it happened. It was only 3:30ish (pm) and got dark as midnight. After it rained a bit, it passed by and things were normal. For you folks that don't know Beijing weather, it's not uncommon to have clear skies one moment, pouring rain 10 minutes later, then clear skies again. That's how my last phone and passport got water damage.

Also, I've seen much stranger weather in the states, like a tornado through a forest, an ice storm encasing every tree in town, or lightening flickering the surrounding area on and off like a light switch. If you guys haven't been out much before covid, I suggest you try it once things are over

Last edited:

M1chl

you doubters are fricken weird, I swear, more weird than this passing storm. I'm still in Beijing, and saw when it happened. It was only 3:30ish (pm) and got dark as midnight. After it rained a bit, it passed by and things were normal. For you folks that don't know Beijing weather, it's not uncommon to have clear skies one moment, pouring rain 10 minutes later, then clear skies again. That's how my last phone and passport got water damage.

Also, I've seen much stranger weather in the states, like a tornado through a forest, an ice storm encasing every tree in town, or lightening flickering the surrounding area on and off like a light switch. If you guys haven't been out much before covid, I suggest you try it once things are over
Well than I am sorry for my ignorance

Super fake.
Every comunistic regime needs to go, they basically enslaved my family...because they weren't part of the glorious Bolshevik regime, which works againts them during the communism and post communism, because everyone who was in the party, got massive head start....

Last edited:

M1chl

it's cool man. The world is a big beautiful place, full of people who can experience weird and crazy stuff. That's why I talk with you guys
Probably does not help that I am from Central Europe in this case.

Mistake

Probably does not help that I am from Central Europe in this case.
for weather, I guess so, but if something happened where you live, I'd trust your opinion on the matter, more than some news station going for ratings.. That's what forums are good for.

Last edited:

M1chl

for weather, I guess so, but if something happened where you live, I'd trust your opinion on the matter, more than some news station going for ratings.. That's what forums are good for.
Thanks, I now feel like a piece of shit human. Sorry, about doubting.

Dai Kaiju

It’s the devils country
Funny you say that. In the book of revelations in the Bible, Satan takes the form of a gargantuan red dragon. Most biblical scholars agree that revelations is in code and that the red dragon represents China.

Guan Yu be pissed about the millions of Covid-19 patients thrown into furnaces.

That's Lu Bu levels of cowardice.

Last edited:

Mistake

Thanks, I now feel like a piece of shit human. Sorry, about doubting.
I think we're on the wrong track here. You're fine now. The whole fake news stuff just seems to have turned a lot of people upside down (including my own family.)
Anyway, see the crazy weather thread!

Last edited:
Top Bottom