• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranglehold delayed to early 2007

Chi-Town

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152627

Easily one of next-generation's most promising action games, Strangehold impressed many with its interactive environments, allowing players to basically engage in a gymnastics performance while simultaneously firing away at the enemy in the typically flashy John Woo-style the game's been modeled after. Unfortunately, however, Midway announced today the game's been pushed back into the first quarter of 2007.

Furthermore, Stranglehold had been originally expected as a PlayStation 3 launch title,
something it will obviously now miss out on, but the game isn't too far off, as the company's first quarter ends in March

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
New screens

john-woo-presents-stranglehold-20060803093835769.jpg

john-woo-presents-stranglehold-20060803093832941.jpg

my first reaction: ****
my second reaction: good. i dont plan on buying next gen until 07 anyway. plus this is a good sign that they are handling the title with care and producing a quality product.

KingJ2002

damn.

well... it's all good... it wouldnt have much time to play it.... with gears of war in the same time frame.

I also didnt know there's going to be online play... that should be interesting.

Lo-Volt

If it helps the title, this is good news. If a next-this-generation game is so horribly rushed as some may be, it will really show; better publishers get the games worth all the money they're going to spend.

I want this game to suceed so badly.....ever since I was a kid growing up, I've always dreamed of a Chow-Yun Fat/John Woo game.........this game ****ING NEEDS TO SUCEED

I'm glad it was delayed :)

Sallokin

From what I understand most previews and hands on impressions with this game have been pretty positive. It can only get better with the delay. I really want it to do well. It seems it's in good hands.

Mmmkay

So... what's going to be the first full priced UE3.0 title now then? This was supposed to be the first out of the gate.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
The first "full Priced" are you talking about $59.99? If you are, it looks like Gears will be as they said that will ship at $59.99 and collecters ed at $69.99.

Mmmkay

squatingyeti said:
The first "full Priced" are you talking about $59.99? If you are, it looks like Gears will be as they said that will ship at $59.99 and collecters ed at $69.99.
I'm saying a non XBLA/budget title. I figure that unless Fatal Intertia gets pushed back like every other UE3.0 game, it will be the first by default. :(

[edit]Blah ignore that, it'll be Gears of course. Wasn't thinking clearly.

Top Bottom