• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer was bullied for playing Hogwarts to the point where his girlfriend was crying

ikbalCO

It's still not like that at all. It's a video game. At most people will get hurt feelings. It's not subjecting someone to being 2nd class citizens for abuse and murder.
Marking people never ends well regardless of time/place/situation. Also i am well aware that it is not the same. I was just talking the level of disgust i felt watching that video and seeing that link.

But we both seem to have good intentions so no heart feelings.

Venom Snake

This trend is like a runaway train, there is no one to put the brakes on. There is no longer a stable framework for people to have a constructive discussion about this, it always evolves in some idiotic way most of us can not follow anymore.

Just fuck it and do your thing. if you have a well-established worldview, stick to it and don't be afraid that one day you will find yourself on the wrong side of a trend that still doesn't know what it wants to be.

Last edited:

Gravemind

You're telling me that a mob made up of mentally ill people are acting mentally ill? No way.

Round these people up and get them back on their meds instead of coddling them and making them believe they can do anything as long as they claim to be the victim.

This entire "movement" is so out of hand.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Streamer should agree to stop playing the game by asking the haters to give them 10 million dollars who don't have jobs anyway. Take the money and then play the game anyway.

The venomous snakes like to say they are all inclusive but they sure hate a whole lot of people. Next level Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct Racists if you ask me. Reminds me of this really.

Venom Snake

The venomous snakes like to say they are all inclusive but they sure hate a whole lot of people. Next level Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct Racists if you ask me. Reminds me of this really.
sf0xdl.jpg

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sounds like it's time to build some tools that enable people to coordinate and push back on the bullies. As they like to say, people don't have to tolerate intolerance.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I dunno guys. but there is something more alarming that dat girlfriend crying. And I haven seen this being brought up:

what kind of soyboy-friend are you to not defend the girlfriend, in fact; he is the one that seems about to burst in tears.
Agreed. Getchaself a manfiend. Not a boyfriend.

Meicyn

Gold Member
What the fuck do the Uighurs have to do with the Switch? getting the cheapest manufacturing deal on the open market does not remotely signal support for the government where that company is headquartered nor does buying it. This whataboutism is just as bad as this antiPotter shit.
Bro, do you seriously think my post was an attempt to do whataboutism?

Imagine being remotely rattled by the most unstable and saddest people on the internet. And no I don't mean trans people. I mean the idiots boycotting this game. I feel sorry for lots of trans people who really couldn't give a shit and are going to get tarred by the same brush as these sad, hateful, vindictive little losers who have nothing better to do in their lives than fight for a cause that only exists in their imagination.

A lot of these people harassing others are going to grow up at some point and realise what tools they were. Literally just dont buy the game and move on with your life if you really want to delude yourself that Harry Potter is transphobic.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

I'm convinced this whole cancel culture shit is now a CIA psyop designed to turn people against each other

No way a small minority of mentally ill people (<1%) are able to get this much attention and have shit blown way out of proportion to make people think this stuff is actually a representation of most people (its not)

Its like everyone is going out of there way to find these clowns and put them on the front page of the news and say "look whats happening to society" but the truth is these clowns have always existed since you know, we have like 8 billion people on this planet.

But them having such an exaggerated platform as of late reeks of some CIA type operation

Last edited:

linkent

lmao, freaking irony.
One of Reeeee favourite reviewer got bullied and there is no discussion on this because there can be no discussion on this “you know what game”.
And the bullies are most probably from there too.

Crayon

I'm convinced this whole cancel culture shit is now a CIA psyop designed to turn people against each other

No way a small minority of mentally ill people (<1%) are able to get this much attention and have shit blown way out of proportion to make people think this stuff is actually a representation of most people (its not)

Its like everyone is going out of there way to find these clowns and put them on the front page of the news and say "look whats happening to society" but the truth is these clowns have always existed since you know, we have like 8 billion people on this planet.

But them having such an exaggerated platform as of late reeks of some CIA type operation

It's a lot more people than you think. A massive amount of 20-30 years olds have had their brain development fucked up by social media and phones. That's why so many people are behaving like this. We know that social media messes with kids and it's been going on long enough that they are now dysfunctional adults. They'll be going up through management and halls of power as they age, too.

TLZ

Banned
Fn hell. And this is coming from the same idiots who keep crying they don't feel safe around so and so and such and such.

Cyberpunkd

It's a lot more people than you think. A massive amount of 20-30 years olds have had their brain development fucked up by social media and phones. That's why so many people are behaving like this. We know that social media messes with kids and it's been going on long enough that they are now dysfunctional adults. They'll be going up through management and halls of power as they age, too.
One and done. This is the social media generation just entering young adulthood (count when Facebook took off circa 2008, count back 10 years, forward till today you get 25 year olds). Their whole life model is centred around validation from other people they interact with online. Hell, ‘peer pressure’ was a thing 50 years ago but then your peers were kids you hang out with, not the whole Internet protected by anonymity.
Crying because someone said something mean on the internet.
I get you and I agree, but you have to realise these are young adults that never grew up without social media and the Internet. Stranger validation online is important to them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom