• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 upcoming UNIQLO UT Tees & the return of ads

Nymphae

Banned
The feature that displays products and major events on certain stages, before matches start, and even on characters has returned to promote the newly announced line of Street Fighter t-shirts from UNIQLO UT.

This round of ads will be available until 6 p.m. PDT on March 31st and come in the form of stage and loading ads. You won't be seeing logos directly on the characters this time around, like we saw in the past.

If you have the loading ad enabled, you'll be receiving 12 Fight Money per casual or ranked match. The stage ad will net you another 4 FM each time out.

UNIQLO's logo can be seen in the background of the character select screen, followed by one of several slides showing the promotional artwork of the shirts we saw earlier this morning. The ads are only visible in the Capcom Pro Tour-themed stages: Ring of Destiny, Ring of Power, Ring of Pride, and Ring of Justice.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...e-featuring-upcoming-uniqlo-ut-line-t-shirts/

yKAhCGY.png

I want that Chun shirt. Gaf seems to hate the ads, I turned them off when they first showed up, but I turned them back on last night after seeing this new round of ads. I'm close to 100k FM and I want a new character, so I don't mind seeing some loading ads, sounds like the gaudy costume ads are gone too which is nice.

It's interesting that these seem to be timed ads as well? Like it says these are available until March 31. I thought it was odd that after they took the ads away, the menu option to display them was still there. So maybe they just do a month here or there of ads, opt in if you want? It's a weird idea, why not just have them always there if you want that FM?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Wow no one gives a shit eh lol. Actually went to Era yesterday for some discussion of this, not much FGC enthusiasm here for some reason. Era might be a cesspool, but the SF thread is fairly active, if I hang out there it's not so bad.

I like the new ads better than the old ones, last night I saw a few they were just full screen images of the Tshirt designs with the UNIQLO logos present.

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

Wow no one gives a shit eh lol

I like the new ads better than the old ones, last night I saw a few they were just full screen images of the Tshirt designs with the UNIQLO logos present.

Well, I mean the initial shock of WTF are these ads have went away so we were prepared for it. Not only that, these particular adds make much more sense than the original test run as before Capcom was essentially advertising their own SFV MTX within SFV, here they are adverting clothing. I don't think many over on r/sf broke a sweat this time around.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
I love that Chun yoga shirt. The rest are ok. And yeah I don't mind the ads in loading screens or in the CPT stages. I do wish they gave more FM though!

Nymphae

Banned
I love that Chun yoga shirt. The rest are ok. And yeah I don't mind the ads in loading screens or in the CPT stages. I do wish they gave more FM though!

Yeah especially considering the extra FM is only available for a limited time, you think they could bump it up a bit. I wonder how they came up with that number anyway, 12 FM seems like a weird number.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If I could just let my copy of SFV run for a couple of hours for some ads/FM. That would be nice. I bought Seasons 1 and 2, plus I bought Sagat. I want them all, but I can only rely on FM with all the other games that cost money.

Ads should always have a purpose. If you think about it; Killer Instinct could have done better with this. Hell, any fighting game that has a free version could do this.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
If I could just let my copy of SFV run for a couple of hours for some ads/FM. That would be nice.

Will your V-trigger select itself after a certain amount of time on the VS. screen?

Because if it does, just turn on Fight Request and leave it on.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The more water colored-looking ones look quite nice like Ryu doing laundry and Vega at a restaurant.

Terrible designs. Just a few stand out really.

Always the best ones are not the ones that shout HEY I PLAY VIDEOGAMES LOOK. The subtlety makes the shirt. Like the Chun Li one.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
modern fighting games are a fucking joke these days.
Booted up streetfighter 5. Looked at the player roster what 70% greyed out?
begging me to buy them as any other random modern fighter. Just check your day 1 copy of MKX and then download all the "patches"
they inject this shit taunting you every damn time you boot up your so called "60" dollar game.
It should be a given to remove characters from fighter selection screens if you don't want them.
worst kind of ingame shit yet.

Enjay

Banned
modern fighting games are a fucking joke these days.
Booted up streetfighter 5. Looked at the player roster what 70% greyed out?
begging me to buy them as any other random modern fighter. Just check your day 1 copy of MKX and then download all the "patches"
they inject this shit taunting you every damn time you boot up your so called "60" dollar game.
It should be a given to remove characters from fighter selection screens if you don't want them.
worst kind of ingame shit yet.
That shit is killing the genre. Tournaments are keeping it afloat but eventually sales are gonna get to a point where they're gonna need those tournament players to start paying for their own games and dlc fighters.

Some of the shirt designs look cool. The Capcom Pro Tour tattoos and prints the characters had on their bodies previously in ad mode, did not. We'll see how it turns out this time.

Top Bottom