• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 Official Music Video - NOT ON THE SIDELINES

Brigandier

Absolute shite

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Last edited:

Barakov

I don't want to click on the but the cringe compels me.

EDIT: I hate that tough walk she's doing.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Are all FGC folk rappers or something? I just don't see the link between SF and hip hop.

This is why the US branch shouldn't take over japanese brands. Look at PlayStation these days... I am sure the Japanese version of the game will have better music.

Last edited:

Doom85

Good song, but the music video made me go, “so…what was that about?”

Then again, that’s how I feel about some music videos even by big artists. Like, I remember quite a few years ago there was that hit song The Reason by Hoobastank (an okay song that got WAY overplayed) but the music video shows a up bunch of people robbing a bank but the song itself has jack shit to do with such a thing IIRC.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder what the true vision of this song was meant to be? Am I suppose to be excited to select my character or perform a dragon punch?

yurinka

Awful, cringe, amateur and embarassing videoclip and mediocre song.

They should give the whole soundtrack to CapJam, they are awesome, from Capcom Japan and make very awesome and Street Fighter-ish songs and versions.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Are all FGC folk rappers or something? I just don't see the link between SF and hip hop.

This is why the US branch shouldn't take over japanese brands. Look at PlayStation these days... I am sure the Japanese version of the game will have better music.
SFIII had a hip-hop soundtrack too. And that one came before Capcom USA bought the IP.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
OK I didn't know what I was expecting, but man when It sunk in what they where doing with the video I just couldent stop laughing...

Man I'm a horrible person.

There's good hip-hop and then there's this music video. The song itself is...okay...but the video reminded me of some of those cheesy late '70s/early '80s low-budget music video productions local artists would rent out a crew and equipment to shoot over a weekend and then rent some airtime on local public access to broadcast.

Basically something that wouldn't cut it for early days on MTV once they started playing rap videos. But like I said the song itself is okay, tho 3S had better hip-hop because it was more jazz-influenced (IMO). Maybe relying less on lyrics and more on instrumentals helped too; history's shown that rap lyrics in most hip-hop songs for games are trash.

I think the Western & Japanese versions will have the same OST, that's what SFV and SFIV did. Lyrics for certain songs will probably be dubbed in Japanese for that version however. The game's OST should have more variety when all's said and done, as well.

SFIII had a hip-hop soundtrack too. And that one came before Capcom USA bought the IP.

Personally thought 3S's soundtrack was more a balance of jazzy hip-hop, techno, jungle (intelligent jungle and darkside), and types of house music. All heavily urban-driven music styles between the U.S and Europe.

2I and NG had little hip-hop and a lot more variations of house primarily. I don't really recall a lot of hip-hop, techno or jungle tracks in those two. I think they were very fond of World House-like stuff mixed with Chicago House for NG and 2I (and carried that over to 3S but with more genre variety).

Btw the only reason I'm getting this specific is because of this. That site is a friggin' gold mine for this kind of stuff.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Dont kids like djent these days? I'll love tosin abasi writing the OST for the game.
Gaming was supposed to be for us geeks. Put some prog rock on the OST. Have Robert fripp writing the OST.

Last edited:
Dont kids like djent these days?

Who the hell is that?

I'll love tosin abasi writing the OST for the game.
Gaming was supposed to be for us geeks. Put some prog rock on the OST. Have Robert fripp writing the OST.

Gaming stopped being purely for geeks once the PS1 came out. They had those systems in night clubs running Wipeout for kids popping ecstasy, shrooms and whatever else during night-long raves.

Some of those kids probably never touched a video game before those PS1 Wipeout units showed up at their favorite dance clubs 🤣

GrayDock

Meh....
Not feeling the ost yet, I just hope they don't mess too much with Guile's and Cammy's...
Guile's SFV isn't bad, but his SFIV is still his best imo.

Overall SFIV ost is much better than SFV... And it looks like it'll still be better than SFVI...

Meh....
Not feeling the ost yet, I just hope they don't mess too much with Guile's and Cammy's...
Guile's SFV isn't bad, but his SFIV is still his best imo.

Overall SFIV ost is much better than SFV... And it looks like it'll still be better than SFVI...

It probably comes down to taste. I do like some styles of rock, but mainly stuff like punk, 3rd wave Ska, grunge, some types of metal (nu-metal), some alternative funk rock etc. But I mainly like electronic music like jungle, DnB, house, techno etc. Stuff like jazz-rap and jazz somewhere in-between those and most rock for me.

So if you particularly like rock or just even the SF EX series OST I can see SFIV OST being the favorite. I thought SFV actually had some pretty good songs like Zeku's theme and G's theme, probably because they felt fully realized. Some like Juri's would've been favorites and I can tell what they were going for, but they don't sound developed enough or are too one-note.

I'm quite liking Chun's theme in this one and I'm hoping there's more somewhere in that style for the rest of the OST but I'd definitely not mind a mix of SF3 2I, 3S, and SF EX style songs for VI because I think SFIV and SFV kind of followed in their footsteps but might've veered a lot one way or the other. A sweet spot balance for VI would be neat.

Valt7786

Yeah gotta say I'm not super feeling the soundtrack on this one. Chun's theme barely even sounds anything like her theme now. I'm scared for what they'll do to Guile and Ryu's now :/

Top Bottom