• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection XBOX: Japanese Release to be universal DVD?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
From the Magic Box:

"UNCONFIRMED: Capcom's Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for Xbox will be a W-code DVD-ROM, the game will be compatible to both Japanese and US models of Xbox, and all the dialog text will be in English. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is scheduled to release in Japan on October 28."

There have been other games like this, such as Project Gotham Racing 2 IIRC, that have been compatible in both regions, so this is definitely possible.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
If this is the case, I'll buy the Japanese version. Who wants to wait 3 months for Live features? It's not like I'm going to have time to answer private messages when playing.

Eggo said:
If this is the case, I'll buy the Japanese version. Who wants to wait 3 months for Live features? It's not like I'm going to have time to answer private messages when playing.

For most people, Live features is the whole point of the collection. If I just want to play SSF2T by myself I can play the billion other incarnations on various consoles or the emulated original on PC.

Lyte Edge

Er...wouldn't the Japanese version be compatible with the U.S. Live service since it would basically be the same thing?

And yeah, Live's the only reason I want this game...already have Hyper SF2 and SF3:3s on PS2.

Lyte Edge said:
Er...wouldn't the Japanese version be compatible with the U.S. Live service since it would basically be the same thing?

And yeah, Live's the only reason I want this game...already have Hyper SF2 and SF3:3s on PS2.

OK Lyte, you buy it and tell us if it works. :D

Lyte Edge

jarrod said:
Too bad Microsoft never made good with their original promise of no region coding in XBox at all. :/

Aw, sure they did...you just need to do a little mod work first. :D

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wait, when is the US version coming out? I was under the impression it was hitting in october as well.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
When I said Live features, I meant 3.0 features. I assume the Japanese version will be live compatible.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
jarrod said:
Too bad Microsoft never made good with their original promise of no region coding in XBox at all. :/

Microsoft wanted no region but then... publishers wanted region coding.

jarrod

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Microsoft wanted no region but then... publishers wanted region coding.
I wonder if publishers are behind PSP most likely going the same route? How on earth has Nintendo gotten away with it for their GameBoy line? :/

Top Bottom