• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: New footage of Hot Ryu + Hair down Chun-Li & Cammy

Moraizen

With all this sexy talk going around, I think it's fitting to share Capcom’s view on feminism in SFV. I wanted to make a thread to share this interview with Yoshinori Ono that came out today, but since I don’t have thread creation privileges, might as well post it here. If someone wants to make a new thread out of it for further discussion, please be my guest.

As a side note, this article was completely translated by me, with some bolded quotes for emphasis. Since I speak native Portuguese, I can assure you that it is 100% accurate:

Regarding the discussion about feminism in videogames and the way the heroines are portrayed in them, “Street Fighter V” has been criticized because of two characters seen as extremely sexualized – including the Brazilian Laura.

In an interview for UOL Jogos, the producer of the fighting game series Yoshinori Ono guaranteed that Capcom wants to erase that notion so that their game doesn’t disturb the female audience.
“Our objective with ‘Street Fighter V’ is to start over from zero”, explains Ono. “We want the professional players and the casual fans of the series to return, but we also want to reach those who have never even touched a fighting game. So we can’t have something in the game that makes people think, ‘This is not acceptable’”.

Originally, the fighter Rainbow Mika slapped her butt during one attack sequence, but the action was removed. That led some fans to question if some kind of ‘censorship’ had occurred.
“We didn’t make any change because of external influences”, reassures Ono. “Those changes came up internally. We decided to remove that because we want the biggest possible number of people to play, and we don’t want to have something in the game that might make someone uncomfortable”.

The objective, according the producer, is to have characters that people like, and not put them off the game. “Probably we won’t be able to remove everything that could offend someone. But our goal is, at least, to reduce that number as much as possible so that they think ‘Ok, there is this issue here, but it is within the limits’. We want that everyone can play and enjoy without worrying about anything else”, he says.

“Street Fighter V” will be launched for PlayStation 4 and PC on the February 16, 2016.

*The journalist travelled at the invitation of Sony.

Source link: http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2015/12/08/capcom-fez-lutadora-de-street-fighter-v-menos-sensual-pra-nao-incomodar.htm?cmpid=fb-uoljog

nib95

Banned
This game pretty much has the best looking female video game characters out there. Can't decide between this Chun-li alt or Laura.

Vlaphor

The butt slap being removed is unfortunate (especially when you consider the context being that it was done to keep people from being uncomfortable, yet left everything else about R Mika in), but the game will be on PC as well, so I don't doubt that those who do want the slap back can get it back.

Kinyou

With all this sexy talk going around, I think it's fitting to share Capcom’s view on feminism in SFV. I wanted to make a thread to share this interview with Yoshinori Ono that came out today, but since I don’t have thread creation privileges, might as well post it here. If someone wants to make a new thread out of it for further discussion, please be my guest.

As a side note, this article was completely translated by me, with some bolded quotes for emphasis. Since I speak native Portuguese, I can assure you that it is 100% accurate:

Source link: http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2015/12/08/capcom-fez-lutadora-de-street-fighter-v-menos-sensual-pra-nao-incomodar.htm?cmpid=fb-uoljog
I wonder if they did some focus testing or anything like that. It's hard to believe that someone would draw the line at buttslaps while being okay with the costumes etc.

Ferrio

Banned
Well confirms the reason why they removed the buttslap. That's disappointing. How bout the animation change at the end, that change bothers me more.

TheOGB

Banned
I wonder if they did some focus testing or anything like that. It's hard to believe that someone would draw the line at buttslaps while being okay with the costumes etc.
There's a difference between something passive like Chun's outfit, which has no special focus on it, and an overt action like Mika slapping her large exposed ass. Same thing with Cammy where it wasn't an action, but a gratuitous (and awkward, despite being more dynamic than the changed angle) camera angle that draws unnecessary focus to her groin.

The original versions I could deal with, but I don't mind the changes either, and their reasoning seems sound.

I love how SF has gone just cheesecake and it's ok yet DOA gets shit. Then again I should not expect somethings form certain quaters of the FGC. :p

Chun's ass ain't got shit on
PreciousLightKillifish.gif

So,..... yeah.... Our grand children are definitely going to be screwing these digital goddesses on the effing holodeck.. We can only hope to live so long.

Vlaphor

So,..... yeah.... Our grand children are definitely going to be screwing these digital goddesses on the effing holodeck.. We can only hope to live so long.

While all we can do is a mixture of Occulus Rift showing an SFM model and a robotic arm shaking an onahole. These are the caveman days.

LiK

still in love with this version of Chun Li's design. poor Mai won't look this good in the next KoF

Vlaphor

still in love with this version of Chun Li's design. poor Mai won't look this good in the next KoF

I don't think we can fully say that yet. I mean, yeah, graphically they almost appear to be two generations apart (that simple 2000 pic someone made looks pretty accurate), but Angel looks pretty good, so I'm willing to give them a chance and see how Mai will turn out...but I am also being honest here and realizing that a PS2-ish model will only look so good.

The Orz

“Our objective with ‘Street Fighter V’ is to start over from zero”, explains Ono. “We want the professional players and the casual fans of the series to return, but we also want to reach those who have never even touched a fighting game. So we can’t have something in the game that makes people think, ‘This is not acceptable’”.

This statement seems so rehearsed. I mean, the sentiment is fine but as others have pointed out the actual effort going into toning the game down seems completely arbitrary. At the very least they could bring back the split at the end--so wonderfully over the top.

Personally, I'm not one of those that feel Street Fighter has crossed the line. The series has always had its, forgive me, cheeky side. It only feels that it's been turned to eleven because that's what we've been focusing on. Looking at the game as a whole--as whole as beta is, I suppose--it's not even close to becoming DOA (not knocking DOA, either) as some would have you believe.

All that being said, I want all of these alts. I believe the PC pre-order includes Chun-Li so it's a good start.

Vex_

Banned
Dear gaf,

I am glad we can appreciate the beauty that is bae li, but she is my waifu.

So time to close up shop guys. Don't taint her with your words and perverted eyes.

She is mine. She is pure. And we are getting married this year (December 24th) so that she can be exclusive to me. She is very happy about this.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Vex & Bae

Dear gaf,

I am glad we can appreciate the beauty that is bae li, but she is my waifu.

So time to close up shop guys. Don't taint her with your words and perverted eyes.

She is mine. She is pure. And we are getting married this year (December 24th) so that she can be exclusive to me. She is very happy about this.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Vex & Bae
There we have it boys, threads d-

Wait, some one needs to claim Hot Ryu.

R0ckman

I don't think we can fully say that yet. I mean, yeah, graphically they almost appear to be two generations apart (that simple 2000 pic someone made looks pretty accurate), but Angel looks pretty good, so I'm willing to give them a chance and see how Mai will turn out...but I am also being honest here and realizing that a PS2-ish model will only look so good.

If this becomes reality I wonder if populations would just take a huge drop. Men just preferring the perks without the drama.

xHiryu

V5hdddt.gif

And since we're claiming waifus, I'm ready for a long and happy life with Karin.

Oooohohohohohoho~

Goddamn girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, will literally play her only for that costume. Her and Ken will be played so hard, regardless of how good they are. I never ever play Cammy in any game but that costume is too good, that shit should have been her main look.

Gbraga

Seriously, I was all about Mika before the latest beta, but Karin's personality and gameplay just made me fall in love with her.

I do my own ojou laugh with her every time I use her super. So good.

This is the first time that I remember Cammy showing any cleavage. They aren't playing around this time, gonna try and sell as many as those outfits as possible.

Gbraga

This is the first time that I remember Cammy showing any cleavage. They aren't playing around this time, gonna try and sell as many as those outfits as possible.

Still hoping we'll see the return of animal costume Cammy :')

The animal costumes thing was dumb as hell, but her specific costume is so good.

tariniel

Goddamn girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, will literally play her only for that costume. Her and Ken will be played so hard, regardless of how good they are. I never ever play Cammy in any game but that costume is too good, that shit should have been her main look.

Honestly I've never been a big fan of Cammy at all, but this is the first time I think I'll give her a legit try. It's not just that costume either, her animations are great too. I just hope she's fun to play.

Top Bottom