• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Big Brett

Literally everyone in here has said they don't care that Capcom took back the fight money and that it was about the colors in the first place. Why are the morally angelic folks trying to stir shit for no reason?

mbpm1

I feel like we would've seen top players use that if that was the case, and there would probably also be like a million posts all over the place complaining about how broken those characters are that they can do that shit.
I thought I had seen Tokido do it before.

Maybe it was always counterhit

Chun can definately do it off c.LP. You just dont see it too often because most of the time they cancel VT off slide or sHP

I thought I had seen Tokido do it before.

Maybe it was always counterhit
Even if they can, I'm assuming that they're wildly unsafe if the light gets blocked which I don't think is the case for Necalli.

Though I also could be completely wrong here. I'd check myself but I haven't touched the game in weeks and my PS4's not plugged in.

mbpm1

Even if they can, I'm assuming that they're wildly unsafe if the light gets blocked which I don't think is the case for Necalli.

Though I also could be completely wrong here. I'd check myself but I haven't touched the game in weeks and my PS4's not plugged in.

why would a light be unsafe?

would a light really be more unsafe if cancelled?

why would a light be unsafe?

would a light really be more unsafe if cancelled?
I'm exclusively talking about cancelling a light into v-trigger.

Each V-trigger has it's own startup and recovery frames so if you cancel into it with a normal that doesn't give enough hit/block stun for it to be safe then it can definitely be punished.

If I cancelled a blocked light as FANG into V-Trigger, i'd definitely be in an unsafe position. The only thing is that these lights into V-Trigger situations are so incredibly rare that most people just don't react in time.

EDIT: Being able to cancel into a V-trigger with a light and follow up with it may not be that big of a deal, but also being in a safe position when it's blocked is a pretty decent advantage, particularly for a character with a DP, a command grab and a 3-frame jab.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I think it's Capcom's fault for ultimately creating a terribly unfun mode and then defending it like it's what players should strive to beat before competing against other players online. When your WORLD CHAMPION (Infiltration) basically says 'yeah, just let us buy the colors' you know the mode is fucking awful. If your WORLD CHAMPION has problems with the mode, it shows how tone deaf you are as a company when it comes to making modes for fighting games.

If the mode wasn't awful, I doubt it'd have escalated to the point it ultimately did.

Don't blame Capcom for some players cheating, whether you like the mode or not, it's still cheating in the end, you should've known the risks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Literally everyone in here has said they don't care that Capcom took back the fight money and that it was about the colors in the first place. Why are the morally angelic folks trying to stir shit for no reason?
"I still have all the stuff I bought with it" meant colors?

Please. I know why people did it, it's not that bad. But atleast stand by it.

I miss the days when the most heated arguments in SF5 OTs were whether or not Dhalsim actually breathed fire.
He doesn't.

Hehe, "heated"

I just searched for some Dhalsim lore and found this out, something I didn't know before.

"Dhalsim is a pacifist from India who fights to raise money for his village, but realizes this contradicts his pacifist beliefs. He wears the skulls of children who starved around his neck to remind himself of why he fights."

Holy Shit, that's hardcore.

EDIT: Stolen from the street fighter wikia.

"Dhalsim's fire is actually an illusion that he manipulates with the help of the god Agni.[5] In the UDON comics, the flames won't hurt a person if they believe that they won't be burned; he proves it via engulfing Adon in flames, and as he recoils and notices he's not getting burned, taking advantage of Adon's confusion to knock him out. Also, in Super Street Fighter IV, he calms Hakan after defeating him by mentioning that his fire is only an illusion that won't burn his oil. Furthermore, when defeating Dhalsim, Zangief boasts that Dhalsim's imaginary flames have no chance against his own real muscles."

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I just searched for some Dhalsim lore and found this out, something I didn't know before.

"Dhalsim is a pacifist from India who fights to raise money for his village, but realizes this contradicts his pacifist beliefs. He wears the skulls of children who starved around his neck to remind himself of why he fights."

Holy Shit, that's hardcore.

EDIT: Stolen from the street fighter wikia.

"Dhalsim's fire is actually an illusion that he manipulates with the help of the god Agni.[5] In the UDON comics, the flames won't hurt a person if they believe that they won't be burned; he proves it via engulfing Adon in flames, and as he recoils and notices he's not getting burned, taking advantage of Adon's confusion to knock him out. Also, in Super Street Fighter IV, he calms Hakan after defeating him by mentioning that his fire is only an illusion that won't burn his oil. Furthermore, when defeating Dhalsim, Zangief boasts that Dhalsim's imaginary flames have no chance against his own real muscles."
Hmm didnt know the first one but the second is obvious in the comic.

I'm a dumbass. I only play Ranked when I'm tired now most of the time. I feel if I had a good day, and grinded for a whole day at 100%, then I'd maybe be able to reach Diamond.

Solrac

fck capcom.. next time mail me so i could invest that fight money on skins and titles...

jokes aside, to me looks pretty clear what are capcom's priority right now, they give a fkc about the server stability/lag,almost 7 month without any punish to ragequitters... but hey !! some guys are getting free stuff/FM, lets focus on that ASAP !!

vulva

fck capcom.. next time mail me so i could invest that fight money on skins and titles...

jokes aside, to me looks pretty clear what are capcom's priority right now, they give a fkc about the server stability/lag,almost 7 month without any punish to ragequitters... but hey !! some guys are getting free stuff/FM, lets focus on that ASAP !!
What

I'm a dumbass. I only play Ranked when I'm tired now most of the time. I feel if I had a good day, and grinded for a whole day at 100%, then I'd maybe be able to reach Diamond.
Diamond isn't too hard...it's basically the new platinum...just gotta grind it out and hopefully beat some top players a few times in a row.

You can get like 400 points in 4 rounds if you beat some diamond guys.

It does suck if you lose to someone at base platinum though. I don't really like that system. I only gain 35lp but lose 80? When I know these guys are playing more than me or equal with character levels in the 50s and 60s.

It's better than SF4 stupid PP system but yeah, I don't think you ever lose more than 50lp a match unless you are going against someone same rank as you.

Gonna leave my ElisJah Ken at diamond as a trophy and play under Omni now...can't get those cool colors without high character levels man...

JayEH

What is crazy about them proioritizing stopping people from getting stuff that they would either have to earn or pay money for?

Alchemist

Nice contradiction there buddy.

This is a weird fucking post, you honestly think it's odd they are protecting their income?

Moaradin

The fact that they are only taking away FM is getting off pretty easy. You still keep all the stuff you unlock with that stolen FM. It's still a win.

vulva

I think he's complaining about Capcom prioritizing fixing the FM exploits over more "genuine" issues like server stability, online lag and RQing.

Does he know that RQs have been severely reduced since the new system? I used to get a few a night, now I've gotten 1 in the past few days (anecdotal I know). Also I can guarantee that server engineers aren't the people who are also the ones who are punishing the people who cheated. That's probably part of a live operations team more than anything.

Do people honestly think dev studios just have a bunch of people who are all entirely interchangeable?

Gonna confirm that I got hit hard, losing 600k FM that is now impossible to get back on the account via any circumstance.

This was not applied consistently to all modders. Anyone who spaced out their unlocks over a few days was safe. So this is Capcom presumably running a script to find dodgy high volumes of free pretend currency, striping it from the account and flagging that account for the alert.

Instead of this, they could have just fixed up survival mode a bit.

I'll make a thread later.

Wait, new characters usually release at the end of their intended months right? So I have a month of fighting ryus and dp Kens until Urien in late September. Then it's show time, baby.
For the most part, characters have dropped around the end of the month so you should be good.

I'm looking forward to a SFxT situation, where the current form of Urien is released, is incredibly high tier, then is needed into the ground by the preseason patch before CPT 2.

Current Urien is easy top five. OTOH maybe they nerf him down before release to the normal DLC mid tier level so we get a consistent Nash/Chun/Ryu meta until the preseason patch.

High tier DLCs? In MY SFV?

Literally just postulated that in an edit to my post.

They'll make his fireballs have crazy startup or recovery, watch. Or he only gets one Aegis out of his trigger. Or he loses his invincible frames on ex crush.

Gotta have that consistent exciting meta to keep us hooked in until they announce that they're going to keep the input lag at 8f because it produces more exciting matches.

Top Bottom