• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Look what I found while lurking the internet.

mvmUTnU.jpg

DMC5 confirmed?

Phoenix Wright leading the squad into the dumpster as Capcom ditches all these bums for more mobile Monster Hunter and FPS RE games

also for as much hate as SFV gets, it aint SHIT compared to No Man's Sky

Producer

This. I'm still salty that the Monster Hunter crew said no to a playable MH rep in UMvC3. Maybe they can use the main guy from MH Stories.

Honestly it would have been pretty impossible to do a hunter justice. What weapons do you choose for hm? What armor, specials, hypers etc.

They did good by Pheonix, even if he ended up ass tier

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Four out of five times in casual I get matched with people at just over 2000lp while I'm at 3200. And why don't I ever get matched with people 1000lp above me?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Matchmaking in Casual seems to work slightly differently than in Ranked. I get far more competitive matches in the latter.
I'm too tired for ranked unfortunately but I agree that I'd find better competition there, if only because people are more likely using their mains.

It just seems like since I went from silver to super silver my opponents haven't changed at all. Now I understand why people want battle lounge filtering options.

mooncakes

So what are you guys expectation from Capcom Cup in terms of SF5 announcement? I just want the Ibuki's ninja costume and maybe more stages.

Mizerman

So what are you guys expectation from Capcom Cup in terms of SF5 announcement? I just want the Ibuki's ninja costume and maybe more stages.

We'll likely get the costumes from Alex and Ibuki in November. Capcom Cup is probably gonna be the whole Season 2 introduction.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

"We saw the neogaf thread about SFV sales. We are canceling Street Fighter V. All currently installed content will be erased from your hard drives. Please understand."

*deep bow*

JayEH

"We saw the neogaf thread about SFV sales. We are canceling Street Fighter V. All currently installed content will be erased from your hard drives. Please understand."

*deep bow*

"we are also now bringing back Darkstalkers since gaf said it is the FF7 remake of fighting games."

Edzi

I want them to flip the switch for the balance patch literally the second that grand finals ends.

I'm genuinely curious how they'll handle the big balance patch. We know what the community dislikes, but I have no idea if Capcom is on the same page. My biggest fear is that it'll just be some minor nerfs and buffs across the board and the game will stay pretty much the same.

I still don't get why they changed the matchmaking from 4. Things are fucking abysmal as they are.

As much as idiots like to complain about an arcade mode I'd rather just be able to play against an human opponent.

Mr. X

I'm genuinely curious how they'll handle the big balance patch. We know what the community dislikes, but I have no idea if Capcom is on the same page. My biggest fear is that it'll just be some minor nerfs and buffs across the board and the game will stay pretty much the same.
Everything is close as is, any tweaking will be felt. I'm not expecting big iterative changes like new moves or removing moves.

The hate for this game has been going 8 months strong. Pretty crazy.

Yeah, it is getting pretty tiresome and predictable. Makes me not to want to even open SF5 threads anymore. I really wish those people would just let this game go, move one and support the other fighters or something.

Edzi

Everything is close as is, any tweaking will be felt. I'm not expecting big iterative changes like new moves or removing moves.

There at least a couple characters that could use some major changes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for some new mechanics though, or something else equally major.

Vice

There at least a couple characters that could use some major changes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for some new mechanics though, or something else equally major.
Second entry in an SF series can bring some big changes. Probably will for V.

Edzi

Sounds like what you want is Street Fighter VI.

Not really. They added new mechanics throughout SF4s life, like delayed wakeup and red focus. Plus, people have been speculating from the beginning that multiple V triggers could be a possibility.

Also major changes across all characters, like eliminating aa jabs, seem likely to me.

Moaradin

I can't deal with Guile at all and of course I'm getting nothing but the Guile army tonight. Anyone know what to do with Urien in this matchup? His fireballs just seems to completely shut me down.

New mechanics would be nice.

But I would like an overhaul under the hood as well. Better netcode, peer connection speeds, loading times and engine performance for season 2 as well.

I can't deal with Guile at all and of course I'm getting nothing but the Guile army tonight. Anyone know what to do with Urien in this matchup? His fireballs just seems to completely shut me down.

If you can predict a Sonic Boom, use knee drop to force him to surrender some ground. Mix it up between MK and HK so that he can't Flash Kick it on reaction, and if you're cool with spending EX and get a hard read on a boom, EX knee drop will put you right next to him with advantage.

Failing that, simply walking him into the corner is pretty effective, and your long normals let you bully him more than you'd expect. Most Guiles love to go for throws too, which you can bait with headbutt in order to start your own throw pressure. Don't let him bait you into fireball wars because he will win and try not to jump in on him since his anti-airs are pretty great; focus on the ground game and pushing your way out of Guile's optimal range so you can pick on him.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Yeah. I'm mentally preparing myself for a patch of half measures.

Moaradin

If you can predict a Sonic Boom, use knee drop to force him to surrender some ground. Mix it up between MK and HK so that he can't Flash Kick it on reaction, and if you're cool with spending EX and get a hard read on a boom, EX knee drop will put you right next to him with advantage.

Failing that, simply walking him into the corner is pretty effective, and your long normals let you bully him more than you'd expect. Most Guiles love to go for throws too, which you can bait with headbutt in order to start your own throw pressure. Don't let him bait you into fireball wars because he will win and try not to jump in on him since his anti-airs are pretty great; focus on the ground game and pushing your way out of Guile's optimal range so you can pick on him.

Knee drop seems pretty garbage for getting in against Guile. It's airborne for so long and Guile recovers so fast that he'll almost always be able to flash kick you if you try it.

Knee drop seems pretty garbage for getting in against Guile. It's airborne for so long and Guile recovers so fast that he'll almost always be able to flash kick you if you try it.

That's why you mix it up to try and get him to AA it on reaction. I'm talkin' like, fullscreen distance, not point blank.

Csr

It seems to me that they have widened the range of the connection bars to a point where even 4-5 bars can be very laggy.

It didn't use to be this way. I suspect that this is one of the reasons the matchmaking is able to match you quicker with someone at your level than before but now there are more complaints about the netcode. I vaguely remember reading something about the connection bar changes on some patch notes.
It feels kind of pointless to play online with so many matches having frequent rollbacks.

mbpm1

Ever had a night where you just don't care lol

I'm playing purposely like shit but I just am too bored to win conservatively atm

so i'm playing Juri like Ken and getting ripped up

Ever since that 1.11 patch, the servers have been slower, the matchmaking slightly slower and the loading screens a tad longer.

It's annoying.

mbpm1

Ever since that 1.11 patch, the servers have been slower, the matchmaking slightly slower and the loading screens a tad longer.

It's annoying.

They're getting us ready for Season 2 where they'll bump up loading time to 50% of the time spent and use the loading screen to sell ads

Haven't played in weeks, in the mood to do so... but the girl you let stay over won't go home and is watching angry British lady fashion shows to practice her English.

-shrug-

JayEH

the latest maintenance didn't do shit about the server errors. not sure what the point of maintenance is anymore.

Top Bottom